PDA

View Full Version : Ok i find this a little bit odd.

yellow400ex05
06-18-2007, 04:53 AM
OK this happened a couple weeks after i tightened my 400's chain because it came off while riding. I used an adjustable wrench handle to adjust it, and now I Have a sound coming from the back end and it makes a knocking scraping sound as if my axle bearings went bad and I adjusted it like 2 weeks ago. I put it up on a jack and i moved it side to side and it had no play but i put pressure on the left tire and the axle had play going up and down. Is this my axle bearings? Why would they go bad after i adjusted my chain tighter, or is it just a coincidence?

please help me.

thanks

400exrider707
06-18-2007, 06:09 AM
You adjusted it too tight. It needs slack. I know this because yours wont move back and forth, that is because the chain is holding it all the way up. It will go up and down though because the chain cant hold it from doing that...

bearings are toast.

rooster300ex
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Make sure you squat the rear end down like your on it to adjust it properly. It may seem to loose without somebody sitting on it or squating it down.

REDRIDDER
06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Make sure you squat the rear end down like your on it to adjust it properly. It may seem to loose without somebody sitting on it or squating it down. this is a very good point and better if you have someone elese adjust it while you sit on it so its ready for your weight.good point rooster300ex.