PDA

View Full Version : honda reliablity? man i think i musta got a lemon or something.

EricB
10-20-2002, 12:50 PM
wow i'm def having second thoughts. the bike i was originaly going to buy was a bansheee, i just wanted something fast that didn't break a whole terible lot. but the 400 is sorta fast and isn't supposed to break a lot....well i did all the maintaince, lubed stuff made sure everything was tight cleaned the filter changed the oil..everything. an my bike still broke. well the side case was out of my hands, but the tranny? omg i called the dealer, my bike was supposed to be done this weekend, no matter what. so i call and he says it isn't back from their other store. i asked why and he said that something with the tranny is messed up now! they've had my bike for three months, yes three months. i've been making payments and everything. i haven't been able to ride AT ALL. it makes me so mad. and to now find out that something else is now broken? this is a joke. i really really sick joke. so i don't know what i'm going to do. i'm just so pissed. i'm thinking about having them trade it out for something else. i'm thinking a cannondale or a banshee. this is just bull ****, i don't even know what to do.

i in some way want to keep the 400, but its slow and all the people i ride with ride banshees. i can't keep up in the sand or on the trails. all this talk about people not being able to ride banshees in the woods is rediculous. you don't fowl plugs, they have plenty of low end power and they're not to fast! one of my buddies has everything port polish 310 stroker kit pipes reeds bigger carbs higer comp pistons..it'll do 110 in 100 yards for christ sakes, no joke either! an he'll out ride me in the woods all day long. an i'm talking tight technical trails, with jumps whoops creeks rocks mud, everything. not quite GNCC or anything but the stuff is pretty harry! i can out ride him on his banshee when he's riding the 400. but i don't even know, maybe i got a lemon or something man. its sickening though, just to not have a bike period.

so what do you guys think? i'm really considering a cannondale, i'm going to go ride one next weekend at the dealership and see what its all about. i know i like banshees but the cannondales are just great bikes from what i've heard. i'm just at a loss here, what do you guys think? i've "owned" the bike for 6 or so months now and have rode it for about 2.5 or 3, and i'm still paying on it. i wouldn't say i'm happy with the power that the 400 has, and i don't really want to drop 2grand or so into the engine just so it can almost keep up with my buddies. so what do you say? i'm set on a dale or a shee, unless someone else has a better idea?

oh and i'm not bashing honda, every other honda product has ran longer and better with piss poor maintaince...so i guess i just got a lemon! first one i've heard of though, maybe i was doing something wrong....but what? am i just to fat? 260 isn't to much for one is it? eh so confusing i think i just need something faster hehe. oh an liquid cooled =)

Castor-426ex
10-20-2002, 12:53 PM
110 in 100 yards?????:huh

cheetah
10-20-2002, 01:03 PM
Any excuse for a canondale is a good one.:D

CHAUNCY
10-20-2002, 01:05 PM
honestly i have a 400 but i love my bros banshee
It just flys and once the powerband kicks in it just pulls
And i like how fast banshees go
My bros will do about 90
I say go with the shee or dale
It sound like a better quad for you cuzz its got more power and they are better in the dunes
Thats just my opinion though