PDA

View Full Version : Motoworks exhaust/FMI Combo

johng
06-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I just put on a Motowroks SR-4 Complete system with a FMI and WOW!, wHAT A DIFFERENCE. wHOLE NEW QUAD

phlash
07-24-2007, 05:42 AM
I am thinking on getting the two brothers Exhaust and the Motoworks FMI...

I am new to FMI. How do it work? Did you just put the exhaust on and take the lid off and hit the +/- for more fuel till you get it right? And does is stay attached? and if so where?

I am picked up my KFX450 today after work?

FUELATV
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I would pass on thw Motoworks FMI ...... get the Power commander it has alot of benefits over the Motoworks one.

spanky101
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I am personally not a fan of any of the exhaust company efi controllers, hmf, trinity, motoworks. They are all just a dobeck controller and imo they are not as high quality as the power commander. I just hope that soon you will be able to run a kicker without a battery or any electic start

KAWIRYDER
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
How much is the power commander and what would you be gaining by getting the PC verses the dobeck controller? I do most of my riding on trails.
I was under the impression that the PC was for racing use. Will the dobeck controller still do a good job increasing power?

mod440ex
07-25-2007, 07:01 AM
i have the dobock and i think(i think) that it does everything i need to have it do for me. if i was going to change cams and pistons port and polish, and all the other goods you would be better to do the pc, mainly because you plug into a laptop and customize you settings

FUELATV
07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
None of the controllers are ment to give more HP. They are needed to tune the bike. By tunning the bike correctly you will gain more HP. It has nothing to do with cams, piston or porting it has to do with the ability to tune the bike. With a dobeck you cannot make percise adjustments. With the PC you can add or take away fuel in 250rpm increments. So while you may not do that yourself. With a PC you will be able to access other maps. I will have maps made as will others that will be tunned to the T.

Power commander -
* can be plugged into a lap top to make adjustments
* can be plugged into a home computer to make adjustments.
* can be ajusted ever 250 RPM
* can be ajusted via outside buttons
* can download maps for your setup off the internet
* can save maps on your computer
* can share maps from other riders or websites

Dobeck - HMF, Sparks, Trinity, alba, ect.
* CAN ONLY BE ajusted via outside buttons
* CANNOT be plugged into a lap top to make adjustments
* can be plugged into a home computer to make adjustments.
* CANNOT be ajusted ever 250 RPM
* CANNOT download maps for your setup off the internet
* CANNOT save maps on your computer
* CANNOT share maps from other riders or websites

MOTORIDER68
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
if only suzuki and kawie would have done like c-dale and put the programmer built into the computer on the bike, then you could just get the software and plug it in and tune. I have a doebeck and believe everything fuel is saying about being able to tune. Mine is great but I have no adjustment. I got it running good and left it there. Whereas if i had a power commander i could play around with it more and get it even closer. The worst part for me is I dont have a quad dyno close by to tune with.

mod440ex
07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
i agree 100%, but that is the difference 0f paying200 and 350 bucks. i agree with you and i did the same thing just got mine running good and left it. i know mine was really confusing and pretty sure not very accurate but oh well.

T2RACING
07-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I really dread it.... but thats the price we pay for EFI:D

FUELATV
07-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by mod440ex
i agree 100%, but that is the difference 0f paying200 and 350 bucks.

You can get the Power Commander for $300.00 ...... well worth the extra $100.00 I even see some of the companys selling their Dobeck versions for $250.00.

mod440ex
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM
wow, i payed 180 for mine. if i was to start doing some heavy motor work then i would probably buy a pc, but for mine right now the dobeck does everything i need to do.

KAWIRYDER
08-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I just bought my dyno jet power commander III, on ebay for $259.00 shipped to my front door. Now all I need to do is install it. I had it programmed by fuel moto. It was programmed for K&N filter and Baldwin full exhaust. My question is will it change anything if I put Two brothers exhaust on instead?

renslip6990
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey john i want to buy the SR-4 slip on and FMI and how do you like it? and how do i know what to set it to if i only want the normall settings? such as pipe and the FMI and air lid off? Do i have to fool around with stuff to get it right?