PDA

View Full Version : help with compresion

rea
06-17-2007, 08:38 PM
I just got done with my motor build on my r and compression tested it and maxed out the tester at 250psi.My buddy at our local shop said thats way to high.Ive got a stock jug 68mm bore old style piston with spacer plate and .20 milled off my head.My only thought would be to use a thicker spacer plate but will this solve my problem im using a 4mm plate now but i have a 6mm when i put it together the clearance was tight but i still didnt expect 250psi any help will be more than appreciated

Scott-300ex
06-17-2007, 11:39 PM
That is very high, 180psi and up you should use race fuel. Wut did you all do to your motor? Have the head milled to where there is less than a hair gap between the piston and head?

Damn dude, you can get a thicker gasket on the head and jug, so 2 new gaskets, but you also could get the head remilled or get like a coolhead with a 22cc dome or somethin.

But make sure you did the compression test right first.

rea
06-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah i did the comp test right.I got an lrd jug from my buddy that he had and never used the head was already milled and came with a 6mil plate i only put the 4mil on cause i spoke to some of the guys on this sight and thought that set up was probably for a stroker and to keep the port timing the same i needed a 4.2 spacer plate so i had my buddy mill a bigger one i had down.I put a piece of wax on top of my piston to check my clearence and it was about 3/8 1/2 inch so i check my comp and here we are!Im just wondering if a thicker plate and gasket will solve it i just havent been ambitious enough to tear it apart put it back together and check

rea
06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
yeah im a toolshed went and checked my piece of wax more like 1/4 not quite a hair