PDA

View Full Version : lt80 question

okieRrider
06-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey guys, I have a 96 lt80. I just put a topend in it and while it was down i put new rollers in the front variator. Got it put back together and it runs great, but it seems like the belt is slipping on it. So I take the cover off and replace the belt as it was the original one in it. Get it back to together and it is still doing it at a full throttle take off but if you start out slow it'll rev then catch and take off. The front variator has 2 rollers taken out and the rear shoes have been milled to 180 grams each. I took the variator apart again when i replced the belt to check it and it all looked good. Any thoughts on this as I am tapped out of ideas.. Thanks for any info, Chris

LT80
06-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Try adding a roller or 2 back in it and see what it does.

okieRrider
07-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Ok finally got a chance to work on the 80 and put the 2 rollers back in and it does the same thing. Any other ideas about what it could be? Thanks, Chris

LT80
07-07-2007, 05:59 AM
I wonder if the rear clutch face (the sliding face) has came apart.

okieRrider
07-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks lt80 you are the man....The clutch face wasn't coming apart but it was worn very deep. I had another one that looked good so I changed it out and now it is working great. Thanks again, Chris