PDA

View Full Version : went ridin today and came up with a few questions?

450raider
06-17-2007, 02:37 PM
first ill get to the goods, i went leisure trail riding and this bike is almost perfect, has anyone noticed how useful 2nd gear really is if i could change anything it would be the seat and make it a little wider not ltr wide but just a little wider, now first question is how long does it usually take yours for the fan to come on? i was ridin for maybe 20min. when it came on and i just assumed that was normal, and i burnt the he** out of my leg on the headpipe (didnt even touch) and the first thing that came to mind was one of those carbon fiber covers so if anyones had one before can you tell me if thyere any good?

thanks

livetoride
06-17-2007, 06:13 PM
that is one thing that i noticed also when just putting around in the trails the header gets rather hot. also one thing that i did notice was that if you ride at a little faster pace to get some more air flow across the header it doesn't get as hot and is a bit more comfortable on the leg.

atvrider26050
06-17-2007, 06:49 PM
after awhile the header pipe will cool down after you break it in

KAWIRYDER
06-17-2007, 09:52 PM
The same thing happened to me. I was also told when you remove the muffler core or put a slip on it, this allows the it to breath better and the pipe doesn't get as hot.

mod440ex
06-18-2007, 01:24 PM
i put a slipon on and efi contoller and mine doesnt seem to be has hot, i richened mine up just a tad.

450raider
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
well i wasnt gonna get a pipe or anything, i was just gonna let the stock stuff get a little wear n tear on it for a little while this time, i was just really wondering how carbon fiber holds up against heat i can see how it wont transfer heat because its not metal but that makes me wonder if it would melt and no ones toldmeabout how long bfore thier fans come on i guess they all just come on rather early to slow down the heating process.

mod440ex
06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
the only thing i can say is to buy one, if they make one, and put it on and let us know how it works