PDA

View Full Version : anyone into shifter karts, or racing karts in general?

yellowzo3
06-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Whats up everyone, im looking at getting into karts and am wondering how many of you are into them, or race them. i searched the site and found a pretty good thread about them with some good info. but its almost a year old so im sure there is some new stuff out there and more good info. anyway, im wondering what a good kart to start off with is and about how much a total set up would run me. im not looking for junk, but i dont need a birel kart either. from the other thread i heard it isnt the best idea to start off with a shifter, but is it really that hard to learn on one or is it a definite no no to begin with one of those? well if anyone is into them or has some info about them please chime is since there seems to be a ton to learn. if you guys have any good sites to check out post them up too. i tried to find some sites on google but most of the sites i found were relatively small and didnt have much to offer. also, if anyone has a setup for sale and wants to trade for my quad in the for sale forum i may be interested in doing that.

CRich[814]
06-17-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=295631&highlight=kart

yellowzo3
06-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks man, i was checking that out... it says hes looking for a pitbike trade but i think it sold on ebay anyway

CRich[814]
06-17-2007, 02:22 PM
if you build one, ill sell you my motor haha.

honda4life72
06-17-2007, 02:26 PM
a freind of mine races the stock production class or sumthing and he says the new mellinum frames are the best to start on if u want to run int he front , but there 2 grand lol

TRUE
06-17-2007, 03:09 PM
This is off topic but I have a 93 CR125 engine for sale. It is in decent shape and will be great for making a cart racer. PM me for details.