PDA

View Full Version : Look what I did last weekend...

flauge
06-16-2007, 11:39 PM
My first wreck on the 400. I figured this was coming since I just started racing xc. Anyway I didnt land a jump right and did a nose dive, front wheel then caught on a log and flipped.:grr: Didnt even do a lap.lol..
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/nickvanacore/honda400ex010.png
^ whats wrong with this picture?:o

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/nickvanacore/honda400ex011.jpg
Anybody want a rim?? haha.

Def-e-nition
06-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Get used to It ... I think I'm onto my Third Alumimim set . Those pictures look as if they were taken from my own 400 man . The only difference is that I took a meaner tumble , broke my Right Knee , and I been a spectator from the 3rd April . ...

Interesting way in which you bent the Rim - Hell you must have hit that Log helluva hard !!

N300exJ
06-17-2007, 07:39 AM
XC racing and you dont have a set of HIpers? thats crazy

Def-e-nition
06-17-2007, 07:48 AM
To change between 20's , and 22 surtracks , would require me to have 4 rear rims and 2 front ones .
do you have ANY idea just how much the Re-inforced Hipers COST around here ? Im not using the stock stuff though -I'm using a thicker aluminim set which seem to hold out . Our long sections have an abnormal abundance of Rocks , I've spoken to the track owner for seom time , he simply shrugs and says if he takes away the rocks it wont be natural . Needless to say I Have taken him on about this more than once now . The outer wall of the front set look pretty Buggered ...

N300exJ
06-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Hipers cost less than going through lots of aluminum ones. You buy one set of hipers and your set forever. I have one set of hipers that are 3 almost 4 years old. Still working great! You can replace the outer rings($25 a ring) once a year to keep em looking good. And changing tires takes no time at all using a cordless drill.

Def-e-nition
06-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Hey 300 I hear you . I want to focus my Money on the front suspension though , considering I took such a Huge tumble In April .

I want to have complete rim and tyre combo's , instead of having to take the tyres off the Rims each time - thats my main Gripe 300 .

So to get around that I'd need two sets of rear Hipers .

But i hear you on the Hipers .
I also See thye've got a set of Carbon rims on test here now . Are those things for Reall ??? Wonder how Long they'd last ? ...

Gray33
06-17-2007, 08:44 AM
ARe you racing on a stock 400?

woodsrider4ever
06-17-2007, 08:44 AM
its a Honda? no im jk i wouldn't mind havin a 600rr

flauge
06-17-2007, 10:15 AM
I'll probably get me a set of hipers one day, but Im like Def on this one... Im focusing more on front suspension now, I really found out how important it is now after i did a couple races. Wheels are very important too b/c that bent rim put me out the race, but i cant have both right now so Ill just buy another front stocker and watch what i run into next time!:blah:
It is kinda weird how the rim bent Def. It only bent on the inside, theres not a ding or scratch anywhere else:huh . I didnt think anything was wrong with it until I tried to take off and the wheel locked down on the caliper. I thought my brakes were screwed up for a second.:o

miller821
06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Got yourself a sovenier now!:macho

kcalexan83
06-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Haha I did the same thing to my front rim in August. I hit a tree with the inside of the tire but the outside looked perfectly fine. I went to take off and thought I had relly messed something else up.

realbeef
06-17-2007, 09:33 PM
why does the tie rod bend? I just dont understand how that could happen since its inside the A-arm.

miller821
06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Doesn't have to hit anything, just the force of one tire hitting before the other can bend it. I know cause I nose dived at a local track, and when I landed my left front slammed first bending that tie-rod.

flauge
06-17-2007, 10:15 PM
How about the tie rod end? Do they mess up easily? It looks kinda tweaked too..

miller821
06-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by flauge
How about the tie rod end? Do they mess up easily? It looks kinda tweaked too..

From my experience mine was fine. How did that ride back to the trailer or whatever feel with that tire like that?

m.h.s.c.#527
06-17-2007, 11:01 PM
ive raced 12 xc races on a stock set of tie rods

on a 250ex lol

flauge
06-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
From my experience mine was fine. How did that ride back to the trailer or whatever feel with that tire like that?
What ride? lol.. I had to be towed back.:scary: haha. Im thinking the tie rod end is okay. there supposed to pivot some whenever the wheels are turned to keep from binding i guess, right?

Eviltanker
06-18-2007, 06:42 AM
You could try a set of baja's. i figure if they hold up good in the rock garden I call Pa, they should be ok for XC

miller821
06-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by flauge
What ride? lol.. I had to be towed back.:scary: haha. Im thinking the tie rod end is okay. there supposed to pivot some whenever the wheels are turned to keep from binding i guess, right?

Haha dang. But I'm thinking it should pivot some, but nonetheless whether it does or not they are much stronger than the tie-rod its self. You'll be fine with using those ones.

flauge
06-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Well i guess I'll find out what kind of shape its in this weekend when i put the new tierod on. I ordered 2 stockers off ebay and they came in yesterday. It wasnt too bad of a deal for them either.... 1 dollah..:p but $10 for shipping tho.:ermm: . Well at least I'll have a spare..

Actually I am thinking about getting a set of front bajas Eviltanker, how do you like yours? I dont think im even going to get in another race until i get a set. Next time i want to finish:muscle:

Eviltanker
06-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Don't have them on yet, I was going through rim problems too with all the rocks here. Buddy of mine has something like them on his KFX450R and loves them so I am switching.

flauge
06-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Let me know how you like 'em whenever you get them on.

flauge
07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Aww yea! Looks like im back in action:D .

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/nickvanacore/honda400ex013.jpg
Caught me a deal on some dirty beadlocks and some plugged razrs. They dont have much bling to em but they'll get the job done.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/nickvanacore/honda400ex.jpg
Figured I'd might as well pick up some ol' works steelers while i was at it too. They helped smooth out the ride some but i bet they probably need a rebuild tho.

Now, maybe I'll have some better luck at my next race since im set up a lil better.:uhoh:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
If you get a chance send them off to santo derisi (derisiracing.com) and get his pro millenium rebuild. I got mine done back in March and man is it a difference!! He does really good work for the money. I also have the ITP bajas all around on Razr 2's and it is the best tire and rim combo I have ever used, although I never tried Hipers they are way cheaper. Good luck

flauge
07-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Yea ill probably go with derisi for the rebuild, I've heard alot of good things about his work. Was it a real big difference over how works had em set up? If there is i'll be sending them asap!

LeGaCyGiAnT124
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
for me yes it was a really good difference, they dont feel like the works anymore, I set mine up for XC , they are really plush and feels good on the XC terrain (rocks, roots, bumps) but can bottom out on some big bumps but I get used to it. He didnt change the spring on mine but he did put different internals in the shocks themself, also he gave me new bushings for where they mount up:p It was definantly worth the money. I paid 225 for my shocks and 260 for the rebuild plus shipping which was like 20 dollars. So for $485 I have a really nice suspension setup

flauge
07-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I read that he upgrades the internals, thats what caught my eye. For 2 hundred something it doesnt sound like a bad deal..
Was the rebound better?? Because the way they are right now they feel almost like the stock pogos. A lil bit better but not much.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
07-05-2007, 05:11 PM
They dont rebound too quick, its just right. If you hit bumps it soaks it, they dont spring up fast enough to lift off the ground. Believe me you will like them:D

Eviltanker
07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Well you wanted to know when I got them on so here you go. They are 3x2 offset with IRAZR's and I really like them. I gotta buy rear tires and rims now!

Eviltanker
07-07-2007, 08:11 AM

flauge
07-07-2007, 11:53 AM
That looks good eviltanker. Im thinking about putting black wheels on mine one day. That black on black would look mean I think. Hows the irazrs?? The razrs that came on my beadlocks have lots better steering compared to the claw fronts . They dont push at all, just point and shoot. :D

Eviltanker
07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Went to Trevorton for the Poker run today and they worked awsome. Deffinettly going to get the rears.