PDA

View Full Version : Need To Know

BossHogg
06-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I JUST BOUGHT MY NEW 06 HOME FRIDAY AN RODE IT FOR THE FIRST TIME.IT HAS LESS THAN AN HOUR ON IT DO TO NO ONE TO RIDE WIT.MY QUESTION IS I GOT THE CHERRYBOMB AN NERFBARS AN THE YOSHI PIPE COMIN IN THE MAIL BUT CHECK WEN I RODE IT.IT FELT LIKE IT WAS SPURTIN AN IT WAS NOT GIVING ME EVERYTHING IT HAD.PLUS IT KEPT CUTTING OFF ON ME CAN I GET ALITTLE FEED BACK PLEASE.AN TO REMIND YOU THIS IS MY FIRST 4STROKE

LTR450_#67
06-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Sounds like you could be hitting the rev-limiter and you don't even know it....450s rev that fast.....also it is corked up pretty bad until you pull the airbox lid off, baffle out and cherry bomb. It'll come to life then....I think you might be amazed. Don't pull the lid off and pull the baffle out yet unless you have the cherry bomb otherwise you will run lean and that is bad!

Does that sound right?

Aaron

csimp3
06-16-2007, 05:16 PM
if its sputtering and stuff, is it stalling alos?if so it sounds like it could be your swirl tank filter, maybe even though it doesnt have much time on it, maybe the filter got worn out just from gas sitting on it, do a search on here for swirl tank or somethin like that and see if those symptoms match your bikes

BossHogg
06-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Sounds like you could be hitting the rev-limiter and you don't even know it....450s rev that fast.....also it is corked up pretty bad until you pull the airbox lid off, baffle out and cherry bomb. It'll come to life then....I think you might be amazed. Don't pull the lid off and pull the baffle out yet unless you have the cherry bomb otherwise you will run lean and that is bad!

Does that sound right?

Aaron okay can you run me through it how do i go about doin this how do i get to the airlid an the baffle if this aint it i.m going to try that swirl tank

LTR450_#67
06-16-2007, 10:49 PM
To get to the airbox there is a cable on the right side under the fenders....Pull it and you should hear a click and the seat has popped. Take the seat off and there is a black looking box that has a cover over it. The cover comes off by undoing the tabs towards the front of the airbox. Then to take out the baffle on the stock exhaust you need an allen wrench (not sure which size) to take out the three bolts on the outside. Once you get that off there are two holding the baffle....remove those and put the cap back on.... and your ready to go.

Aaron

Oh, make sure you keep you air filter clean as much as possible

ingleful
06-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Oh, make sure you keep you air filter clean as much as possible

yeah beacuase it will get dirty quick!

LTR450_#67
06-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Actually when you get a chance, get an aftermarket filter cause the stock filter tears/rips apart after like 2 cleanings. And it doesn't hurt to have an extra filter or 2.

Aaron

BossHogg
06-17-2007, 07:49 PM
thank you all.i just did that today an it is alive you guys helped me allot thanks :macho