PDA

View Full Version : pro circuit pipes?

JBacon
06-16-2007, 02:39 PM
T-4 series? They look pretty nice. Would I have to switch out the main jet and turn the fuel screw? thats basically all there is to jetting right? What jet size? Are they kinda loud? By the way im not a jetting expert AT ALL so please, please, bare with me. I've read the performance faq and learned a little bit about it.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-16-2007, 08:56 PM
loud and all u will need to change is your main

jrafter
06-17-2007, 07:28 PM
i put on a K&N and curtis sparks full pipe rejetted

i think it was a waste of money.

JBacon
06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
really? thats like the best pipe out there....

ryanh250ex
06-18-2007, 07:14 PM
the T-4 has gone under a revision or two since they produced the one i have, but these days i'm one of the few who runs one...

that reminds me, i think you had PM'ed me about it...i'll get back to you soon.

anyways, yes it is fairly loud, they do have a quiet core if sound is an issue. I never ran a quiet core and for the time being i do not run a spark arrestor (not recommended for the average rider), people WILL hear you coming.

As far as quality, fit/finish, etc goes, it is a VERY well made product. I wouldn't purchase a different exhaust if I did it all over again. Everyone that says "______ exhaust is better, ______ sucks" etc etc is full of it, 99% of these folks have no experience with any exhaust other than the one currently on their bike.

Jetting changes will depend on where you live (or where you ride, rather) as well as the climate. Keep reading the FAQ, eventually most of it will make sense. My jetting was off until I went bigger on the main jet as well as the e-clip setting.