PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura,Dasa,HMF

FoxMxRiders
06-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I will buy a brand new 2007 Trx450ER and I want a good pipe.

The sound is not important.

I was looking at the yoshimura Rs7.I like the way it look and I was owning a Yosh Off road on my 400 and liked it.Sound like a good choice??

Im from Canada and this is much harder to get a Dasa here ... I search on ebay but found nothing.

I was thinking about HRC kit but don't think the sound will be like a real pipe.

If you have sound clip of a Yosh rs7,HRC kit please post it :)

ratso
06-16-2007, 12:32 PM
The hrc kit is the way to go. You will make more power + the hrc is less money. I put the hrc on my 06 and that by far was the best improvement I ever made for my trx450.

ShiftFMX
06-16-2007, 12:35 PM
If you are looking for the best HP performers, The Best Choices are DASA, Rossier and Sparks. I went with Rossier b/c of price, HP, craftsmanship and customer service! I love everything about the pipe!

All Three pipe are right around the same HP, So get what ever one fits your budget.

FoxMxRiders
06-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I can get the Yoshimura at better price because I work at Honda Dealership.We don't have dasa,rossier,curtis ...

Im planning of getting only the subharness plug.That away I will not cut my green wire on my brand new 450ER.

The HRC kit is : Cam,Subharness plug,Jet,pipe,silencer tips,air lid modified.

I was thinking about trowing away the lid,put a yoshimura complet system,rejet with the subharness to gain 1000rpm and maybe HRC cam and I will be better than the HRC kit I think.

I don't like the crappy sound of the OEM exhaust.

What do you think about my setup ?

Someone have a Yoshimura Rs7 sound clip ont a 450R ???

P.S.Sorry for my "crappy" english,here in quebec we talk french the my english is not that good :rolleyes:

Chew Spit
06-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
The sound is not important.

I was thinking about HRC kit but don't think the sound will be like a real pipe.

If you have sound clip of a Yosh rs7,HRC kit please post it

I don't like the crappy sound of the OEM exhaust.

Someone have a Yoshimura Rs7 sound clip ont a 450R ???

????

So the sound is important?...

FoxMxRiders
06-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry for my "crappy" english but when I said that the sound is not important for me,I was thinking about how loud the pipe is.

It's cool a pipe sound but not too loud.

06-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I have had an HMF with a quiet insert for 2 1/2 years. I had a DR D with a quiet core also for 6 months. I just got a new Yoshimura with the 93db quiet insert. They all sound good but I like the Yosh best. It sounds good and isn't loud. I have to be under 96db to race.

roundsy
06-17-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm in Ontario and I'm planning on going the Yoshi RS-7 with HRC or HC-stg 2 Cam route as well. The yosh is a really nice pipe and not over loud at all, it also comes with the quiet insert so you can keep it in when ya need to be quiet. I'm in the same boat as you with the ease of getting a nice pipe, and this is the route I'm going. Good luck with your decision!

FoxMxRiders
06-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Im thinking about taking the Dasa pipe,look great,sound good and awesome power !!

GIXXER1KR
06-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I have a 06 with the HRC kit anf Yosh S/O and love it!!!I dont have a sound clip but without the Spark Arrestor it sounds bad *** and with it its nice for night riding!!!A little loud but very do able :)

charger90
06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I payed $290 for an 07 HRC kit on ebay and bought a HMF Bill Ballance edition slip-on for $260. So for $550 I got a full exhaust (HRC header and slip-on), cam, and all the other HRC stuff. And I tell you its a different bike! I think my results powerwise far exceed the results from a full exhaust. And I think I payed less than you would pay for a full exhaust.