PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Needle Clip Position

RIDER11X
10-20-2002, 12:38 AM
ANYONE MAKE ANY CHANGES IN THEIR JETTING ON THEIR STOCK 400EX? MINE SEEMS A LITTLE SLUGGISH IN THE MID-RANGE, AND I WAS CONSIDERING RAISING THE NEEDLE BY LOWERING THE CLIP ONE NOTCH. IS THIS RIGHT?

400exdad
10-20-2002, 09:47 AM
Mine is all stock, except what is in my sig. Raising the needle will make it richer, usually sluggishness is caused by being overrich, so, I'm not sure if I would go that way. Try removing your air box lid and see if it gets worse or not. That should lean it up some.... Just with the mods shown in my sig, I've changed the pilot and the main. Good Luck.

jaspurx
10-20-2002, 10:15 AM
how does your plug show the burn ? black brown white ?

RIDER11X
10-21-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Mine is all stock, except what is in my sig. Raising the needle will make it richer, usually sluggishness is caused by being overrich, so, I'm not sure if I would go that way. Try removing your air box lid and see if it gets worse or not. That should lean it up some.... Just with the mods shown in my sig, I've changed the pilot and the main. Good Luck.

GOOD IDEA!! I'LL GIVE THAT A TRY. EASIER THAN MOVIN THE CLIP FOR NOTHING. THANKS!!!:D

RIDER11X
10-21-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by jaspurx
how does your plug show the burn ? black brown white ?
I HAVENT TRIED THAT YET. ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY THAT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE WITH TODAY'S GAS. DOES IT? COULD I GET AN ACCURATE MIDRANGE READING?

spaceout_02
10-21-2002, 08:31 AM
I moved mine up 2 notches it runs rich in the summer, but in colder climate where I am it runs excellent with cold air being rammed in with the excess fuel and it burns clean and effiecient.