View Full Version : cant get motor to run right please help

fruity87
06-16-2007, 10:00 AM
i have totally rebuild my r it has been bored out to a 68mm piston and the motor has been totally gone though and upgraded. The Carb has also been rebuild and all the electrical has been replaced. It starts fine and will idle great but when you try to go on it it just bogges down and has no power. It will move though it just has no exceloration or power. One thing that i noticed is that a lot of oil comes out my header and pipe. It has a 160 main jet. It has stock reeds in it but i do have a delta v-vorce delta 2 reed system that i could put in it. it has a lrd adjustable pipe. if anyone knows anything that i could try please let me know.

blasterandy
06-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Take carb apart and check the main jet.

Scott-300ex
06-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeh, check the main, that oil happens on all 250r's

If main is CLEAN and good try moving the needle up.

blasterandy
06-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you may be too rich this can come from. Having a main jet back out of the hole.

86 Quad R
06-16-2007, 07:16 PM
did ya by chance perform a leak down test on the engine prior to installing it. were you running this very car on the engine before building it?

blasterandy
06-16-2007, 08:21 PM
So did you figure anything out, that same thing happend on my blaster the first time i did a carb job alone, and it was b/c i didn't tighten the main down and it sliped on out. Found it laying in the bottom of the float bowl. Did it run for a while or did it just stop running right. I was going and then as i was running up the street it just, dannngggg, ting tang, blurrrb, ting...ting. (gas) blurb. Tinga,ting,ting. I would be willing to bet its your main. But i can assure it is the carb.

RichM1983
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I have the exact same problem and have the same pipe. My carb has a 158 though and the plug is black. I guess maybe its to rich. Could a base gasket leak cause it to run like that? I thought an air leak caused a rich condition that made the bike run lean. If you figure it out lemme know because I have had the problem a while now. I know its not the pipe though because I used to have a different pipe with same problems.

fruity87
06-18-2007, 08:25 PM
if I figure out anything i will definetly let you know. I am going to try a bigger carb and a cool head to raise my compression.