PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Wheel Offsets

400exrider707
06-15-2007, 11:22 PM
It's recently been brought to my attention that a tech article on atvriders.com has wrong information in it. The "Understanding Wheel Offsets" tech article talks about how wheel offsets effects bump steer and this is untrue. Anyone else notice this? Can we fix this?:confused:

quadfamily
06-16-2007, 03:04 PM
The term "bump steer" is frequently misused in the ATV world.

400exrider707
06-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
The term "bump steer" is frequently misused in the ATV world.

So are you saying there's no point in correcting it? Maybe if we tried not misusing it all the time, there would be less confusion about it... just a thought.

quadfamily
06-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
So are you saying there's no point in correcting it?

Did I say that?

[/B][/QUOTE] Maybe if we tried not misusing it all the time, there would be less confusion about it... just a thought. [/B][/QUOTE]

Who is this "we" you're talking about?

I will tell you to go ahead and try to tell thousands of teenage kids and adults for that matter that their definition of bumpsteer is wrong. I for one don't have the time for that.

400exrider707
06-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Did I say that?

Maybe if we tried not misusing it all the time, there would be less confusion about it... just a thought. [/B][/QUOTE]

Who is this "we" you're talking about?

I will tell you to go ahead and try to tell thousands of teenage kids and adults for that matter that their definition of bumpsteer is wrong. I for one don't have the time for that. [/B][/QUOTE]

Im not saying you are going to tell everyone, and obviously that would be hard to do, but to misuse the term on a technical article for an ATV based webpage with over 60,000 members just didn't seem right to me, sorry, didn't mean to offend you:ermm:

quadfamily
06-16-2007, 10:15 PM
tell you what, if you make a well written post that defines bumpsteer correctly without and maybe I'll make it a sticky. An I wasn't offended by what you said, I don't get offended that easily. The way you worded it though it makes it sound like you think I wrote the technical article.

400exrider707
06-18-2007, 06:06 AM
tell you what, if you make a well written post that defines bumpsteer correctly without and maybe I'll make it a sticky. An I wasn't offended by what you said, I don't get offended that easily. The way you worded it though it makes it sound like you think I wrote the technical article.

I already have a steering and handling one that describes bumpsteer that is a sticky.... :blah:

The one that is under articles is a very good informational article. It is about wheel offsets, so if someone just took out the word bumpsteer it would be good.:macho

SGA
06-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Anyone else notice this? Can we fix this?:confused:

Understanding Wheel Offsets (Compiled by QuadMX18, from data on ATVriders forum area)

Im sure it can be fixed, just not sure how easy it would be. First you would have to contact QuadMX18 by PM or email since it is his article. He would have to agree to the changes, then he or someone else would have to make the changes and ask for the article to be updated.

Add on: I noticed QuadMX18's last post was 10-21-2003 so contacting him is probably out. Maybe you would like to write a corrected version to update the current article?

400exrider707
06-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Understanding Wheel Offsets (Compiled by QuadMX18, from data on ATVriders forum area)

Im sure it can be fixed, just not sure how easy it would be. First you would have to contact QuadMX18 by PM or email since it is his article. He would have to agree to the changes, then he or someone else would have to make the changes and ask for the article to be updated.

Add on: I noticed QuadMX18's last post was 10-21-2003 so contacting him is probably out. Maybe you would like to write a corrected version to update the current article?

I would love to, I'll do it tomorrow at work when I'm on the clock though...:D

No problem, anything to help out the atvriders.com community!:chinese: