PDA

View Full Version : well, im done for 6-8 weeks

WhiteYFZ
06-15-2007, 09:35 PM
broke my wrist today.. doing a wall ride in bmx.. pissed cuz ill be casted all summer basically.. and im typin wit 1 hand. so i type a bit slow.. btw, it killed. gives me time to read into photography tho lool

07250ex
06-15-2007, 09:37 PM
that stinks dude i feel for ya man

416exfreak
06-15-2007, 09:49 PM
after about 4 weeks, you can whittle your cast back enough to ride....just take it easy....

Lol, thats what i did....my mom was bent when she found out...

Sucks that you broke it...:(

WHITE SEAT
06-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I broke my wrist over 2.5 years ago and I'm still in pain everyday. good luck and get well soon.

suzukigirl
06-15-2007, 10:46 PM
that sucks

Mxjunkie
06-15-2007, 11:41 PM
You can ride with a cast on :blah:

JW450R1
06-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Wow,that sucks.I'm out too for a few more weeks with back issues:ermm:

05Z400rdr
06-16-2007, 06:50 AM
that really sux dude. i know how you feel.. last year i broke my arm, but i cut my second cast off a week early....

Originally posted by Mxjunkie
You can ride with a cast on :blah:

lol when my arm was broken i was riding the z400 around our house doing one-handed wheelies :blah:

hope you get better soon man

Landon

WhiteYFZ
06-16-2007, 07:28 AM
thx guys..
i never broke anything be4.
it sucks so much.
but for some reason, my thumb and pointer finger are numb.. thats the worst part of it.. anyone have tips? im guessing that theres no blood going to them.. which isnt good

awsomeaussies
06-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
thx guys..
i never broke anything be4.
it sucks so much.
but for some reason, my thumb and pointer finger are numb.. thats the worst part of it.. anyone have tips? im guessing that theres no blood going to them.. which isnt good

That's nerves;) I broke my back and leg and my toes on my left foot where numb... but they came back, it just takes some time.

NacsMXer
06-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
That's nerves;) I broke my back and leg and my toes on my left foot where numb... but they came back, it just takes some time.

Yep, just some disruption of the nerves due to the location of the break. There's actually a split of the innervation between your middle and ring fingers....one side of the hand gets the median nerve the other gets the ulnar nerve. The feeling should come back as you heal. Sorry to hear about the bad luck, I wish you a speedy recovery! :)

300EXrider356
06-16-2007, 12:23 PM
That sucks dude, I just got off crutches from snapping the bottoms of my tibia and fibia off it feels good to be free again lol. Yeah the neve thing is no biggie, My left ring finger was numb for about 3 weeks after my surgery. It dosnt feel that bad though which is surprising for a plate and 8 screws:eek:

coolex
06-16-2007, 02:50 PM
yea casts suck i was in a cast for 8 months after i broke 3 bones in my foot, i rode with the cast ad ended up messing up my ankle, went through about 3 casts from them all breaking, and then after 8 months in a cast i had to do theropy for 3 months 4 times a week formy ankle , it really sucked but atleast it happened the day before summer vaca was over even though a whoile school year in chrutches sucked

honda8&3
06-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Sorry to here this man. Breaking bones sucks. Broke my leg when I was 4 years old being a complete dumba55 as usual:devil: Glad I haven't broke anything since Knock on wood!:D

coolex
06-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider356
That sucks dude, I just got off crutches from snapping the bottoms of my tibia and fibia off it feels good to be free again lol. Yeah the neve thing is no biggie, My left ring finger was numb for about 3 weeks after my surgery. It dosnt feel that bad though which is surprising for a plate and 8 screws:eek:

how long were u in a cast because i was in mine for 8 motnhs and i had to keep going in for x rays like every 2 months to see if it was healed, and only 2 out of 3 bones healed , but i still feel 8 months was a real long time i know people that blew there knee out had rods put in and was only on cruthes for 3 months

300EXrider356
06-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by coolex
how long were u in a cast because i was in mine for 8 motnhs and i had to keep going in for x rays like every 2 months to see if it was healed, and only 2 out of 3 bones healed , but i still feel 8 months was a real long time i know people that blew there knee out had rods put in and was only on cruthes for 3 months

Your probably going to hate me for this but I was In a cast for 8 and a half weeks. I was still on crutches for another week and a half letting my foot get used to walking again, it was scary, I couldnt even take a step!. But Im sure the pins and stuff held it in place to let it heal faster than just sitting in a cast,
I was in the hospitol for like 3 days, I honestly dont see how it healed so fast considering my foot was at a 90 degree angle to my leg but I still have to go in for X rays for the next 2 months like every 2 or 3 weeks And I dont have the same like flexibility as my other ankle but its been geeting better.

WhiteYFZ
06-16-2007, 05:54 PM
thanks guys.. the worst part is the numb fingers

coolex
06-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider356
Your probably going to hate me for this but I was In a cast for 8 and a half weeks. I was still on crutches for another week and a half letting my foot get used to walking again, it was scary, I couldnt even take a step!. But Im sure the pins and stuff held it in place to let it heal faster than just sitting in a cast,
I was in the hospitol for like 3 days, I honestly dont see how it healed so fast considering my foot was at a 90 degree angle to my leg but I still have to go in for X rays for the next 2 months like every 2 or 3 weeks And I dont have the same like flexibility as my other ankle but its been geeting better.

wow i do hate u so u was in a cast for 30 weeks to long,

but yea when i had theropy i was still on crutches like a solid 2 months before i could even walk on my foot, its been about 2 years and i still dnt have full range of motion in my ankle (and thats not even what my initial injury was) so if u have a cast on ur foot/ leg i wouldnt ride:devil:

WhiteYFZ
06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t304/espophotography/IMG_2694-01.jpg

reppin nmotion lol
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t304/espophotography/IMG_2697-01.jpg