PDA

View Full Version : 07 warm up

double d 1
06-15-2007, 05:41 PM
i have an 07 trx90 thats really hard to get warmed up. when trying to start it, it takes 10 minutes of constantly playing with the choke and throttle. once it gets warmed up it will start very easy. doesnt matter what the temperture is outside. i bought a jet kit from powroll that came with three jets and a little washer that raises the needle a little. will this shim help on cold starting? also would it be helpful to put a little bit bigger jet in it or should i wait untill i get a pipe and free flowing air filter for it? thank you for the help.

FASTDAD-77
06-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I got an "06 and had the same problem. It started alot better after I changed the pilot jet and as the motor got some miles on it. I eventually just sent the motor to Scott Cain and that seemed to fix ALL problems.

double d 1
06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
well the wait was killing me so i put the shim in and the the smallest main jet in which was a 92, the origanal was an 82. it started without the choke and just took a minute or two to warm up. it seemed to run pretty good with me on it . i weigh 275. my son who is 7 said it ran faster but i dont really know if it does or not with him on it. but i did notice in neutral that when you give full throttle it hesitated for a second and would die, i had to ease in to it to make it not die. but im sure with a load it doesnt do that. if i can find a little bit bigger pilot jet it might help with the low end throttle response. untill i can get the money to buy a pipe i'll keep working with it to get the most power out of it. any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks