PDA

View Full Version : Pulling a head

USMC1STSGT
06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi,
I dont have a manual, but I need to pull my head to send to MaxPower. How hard is it? are there any tricks or things I need to know? I cant get it into the shop until next week for my usual guy to do it so if its easy, I figured maybe I could just do it myself. Im a decent mechanic and I have all the right tools, should I go ahead and take a crack at it, or wait?

thanks,
Gary

Chino886
06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey Gary,

Take a crack at it, just unbolt the obvious items first and take it off in pieces!

Just make sure to keep the cam chain tight so it does not get kinked in the bottom end if it gets loose!

If you have any questions, just ask!

Cha cha cha chino!

Scro
06-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
Hey Gary,

Take a crack at it, just unbolt the obvious items first and take it off in pieces!

Just make sure to keep the cam chain tight so it does not get kinked in the bottom end if it gets loose!

If you have any questions, just ask!

Cha cha cha chino!

Yeah, it's not that hard. There are three bolts that hold the valve cover on. Take those off, and you will see four small bolts and four bigger bolts. Back the four small bolts off in a criss-cross pattern. On the side of the camshaft you will see two bolts holding the gear on that the timing chain goes to. Take these two bolts out, being careful not to drop them down into the motor. Slide the gear off the camshaft, and the cam shaft assembly will come off with a little finesse.

Next is the four bigger bolts - just take them off in a criss-cross pattern like the other four bolts. Then just take the obvious stuff off like exhaust, carb, etc...and it will slide right off ;)

whiteboycustom
06-15-2007, 03:21 PM
email me at whiteboycustom@aol.com i have the 04-05 manual saved on my computer and if u have dsl i can email it to u

whiteboycustom
06-15-2007, 06:14 PM
if u havnt seen already u got mail i hope u can open them