PDA

View Full Version : 34mm PJ to 36MM PJ

hawk77
06-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Is a change like this from the stock carb to the 36mm PJ going to do anything for my R? It just seems like such a small difference, but I just added a K&N filter and took the box lid off. I can get a good price on a 36mm, but just want to make sure that it is worth it. I am also planning on adding a Rad Valve or a Pyramid reed valve. Let me know....

hawk77
06-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I forgot to mention that the R has an FMF pipe and silencer as well.

bushwesl
06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
If your upgrading from the stock PJ, whatever you end up doing, don't replace it with another PJ. Do yourself a favor and get either the 36 PWK, 38 PWK, or the 39 PWK, depending on your riding conditions. The smaller diameter will allow to have more low end, whereas the larger diameter will give you more up top. As far as the reed system, I know that some people swear by the Pyramid (C-Leigh), but I'm running a RAD Valve and am completely happy with it. VForce also makes a nice reed system. My $0.02
WB

regg187
06-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey , I've got a 36 pj on mine and it's got a noticable increase in performance after getting the jetting sorted out. I've got a paul turner race pipe and K&n and boyessens with a cr head gasket with a ricky stator lightened flywheel and dyna ignition (non prog)I've got a PWK 35 airstryker with a lot of meat on the intake side so i'm sure it could be bored out to a 38 or 39 sitting on my shelf as until I get a serious port job, that could use the extra size , that 36 is great from bottom to lower top:)