PDA

View Full Version : Billet Head

sldhd700
06-15-2007, 09:15 AM
I ve seen alot of interest in high compression heads for the 90 liquid cooled on this message board. Myself included. With the stockhead being so difficult to modify we are looking into making a billet head that would give these motors about 160lbs to 180lbs of compression. Roughly 14 or 15:1. I am wondering how many people would be interested picking up one of these heads if we made more than one.

drr wizard
06-16-2007, 01:10 PM
how much would it cost ?
drr wizard

bulldogfallon
06-16-2007, 02:31 PM
YES.....YES......YES

DRR will have a better performing head out some time in the future...not sure when though

If you can make it quick then I am sure you can move quite a few

The racer families don't like waiting and always want to go faster

Keep me posted

Rcarroll
06-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes would like to get one let me know how much

sldhd700
06-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I took my head to the machine shop yesterday to have a CNC program written for what we need and to get a quote to have these heads built. As soon as I get a delivery date and price I will post some info. I do want to run this head before we make any deliveries or promisses. We are also looking at building a head that will be higher in compresion around 210lbs. All in all being racers I do want it now but we are a couple of weeks out. I will post as soon as we have more info. Thanks for the response I thought we might have a zanny idea going here.

Shayden Housley #39

kenjolly
06-17-2007, 12:22 PM
will the head be made from a stock one or after market. I ask because we run a stock appearing class on our 70cc.

sldhd700
06-17-2007, 04:58 PM
They will be made from billet aluminum(block of aluminum) . They wont appear to be stock or resemble a stock head.

Shayen Housley #39

wrhracing
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by sldhd700
I took my head to the machine shop yesterday to have a CNC program written for what we need and to get a quote to have these heads built. As soon as I get a delivery date and price I will post some info. I do want to run this head before we make any deliveries or promisses. We are also looking at building a head that will be higher in compresion around 210lbs. All in all being racers I do want it now but we are a couple of weeks out. I will post as soon as we have more info. Thanks for the response I thought we might have a zanny idea going here.

Shayden Housley #39

Stay away from the 210psig head design , you'll be knocking out crank and rod bearings.