PDA

View Full Version : 1000 bucks

woodsracer144
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
ok, let me know if this is a good deal, my cusins have a 89? 250r (its all white with head light in the plastic any one know for sure what year let me know they have nt gone much to it) ok any way, its been sittin for a while, like 2 years roughly, and its REALLY CLEAN! its has a fmf gold seires pipe, and a DG scilencer and that s about it that i can tell, ithink but im not for sure, that a guy got itt when a dealer had a huge blow out sale, then he had it got abnout 6 mt.s and he didnt care for it and sold it dirt cheap to my cusins(2 brothers went in on it toghther and split it) but its been sittin and i dont knwo for sure what to ask, i think 100 bucks is a good deal since my friend got a pimped out 256r for that much and its needed a new crank bearing and thats it. it has every thing on it...
its got a little rust the last time i saw it on the head pipe that about all, im thinkim gonna have to rebuildthe shocks if i keep them stock, and a hone/piston and rings job too. and all bearings and seals.
what d o you think i would have to spend on it i dont knwo much about it, and there really busy so i can just stop in when ever i feel like it... thanks four your imputs...

250Renvy
06-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Get it for as cheap as he'll let it go for. Unlikely $1000, you'll be lucky if it's not too bad to get it for $2000. It's hard to say what it'll need. I've seen 250R's that on the surface look good but would easily take 2-3k to get them in ridable condition because often if they sit (especially outside) all the rubber pieces dry rot, bearings seize, plastic gets brittle, rust, you name it.

Or it could be a jewel in mint shape then it's probably worth $3500

woodsracer144
06-15-2007, 05:19 PM
no its is not that bad, its has a little rust on it but not much, just on the header is all i saw the tires arnt dry rot, they keep up to it some what, but they never use it, and it kist site, i think that they start it up how and then, but not to often, its in a shed that is CLEAN junk is nt laying all over the place, and its all orderly, he has that and a 8? kawi niaja(sp) that the front end got toasted, he wanted to pick up a banshee frame and stuff and thro the kawi motor in it its a 600...

what are some bad things to look for? , i rode a 250r once, thats when i didnt really know how to ride amd i was really young, and i would have it boggin way to low and stuff.
the one i rode had a bills header, FMF power core 2 and it was bored 20 over...
i've had a blaster for a year now and im rideing the wheeles off of it, bottoming out the shocks all the time and stuff, so i need something bigger, i would lie kto buy a 2-stroke, but i dont know,

to me a 2-stroke is more work mabie but if you get it set up right its not bad, you pay more for fuel, but its easyer or cheaper most the time to re build them..

4-stokes and easyer and arnt as much work but the cost$$$ to fix the motor!

thanks for all the help, i'll try to pick up a pic...

blasterandy
06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Yea, check the weld by the foot pegs they normally crack if so i would try and shy away from too steep a price cause normaly frame crack means that its in pretty bad shape. yea you could just have it rewelded, but judging by what you are saying 2000$'s sounds like a good price. I would do it. :D Try and get some pic's we can pic out good and bad stuff+ tell you all the cosmetic stuff that is on it. Most likely it is an 89 as they said cause the headlight in the plastic was made only in 88, and 89 so it seems like a pretty trust worthy bet. (they could have said it was a 2004) :D Anyways just try and get a picture. Preferably of the engine both sides 2 include foot pegs, and the front back and sides. basically an all around view. :D

woodsracer144
06-15-2007, 09:25 PM
yeah i doubt the pegs are cracked... they rode it around the farm and then used it for private hill climbs and they smoked every one... i'll try and get pic's some day...
its whight with no graphics... that i can rember...