PDA

View Full Version : Best sounding exhaust on 92 gmc truck

400excaleb
06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
i got a 92 gmc truck with stock motor, not the vortec, and i got flowmasters on it but i want a real loud exhaust like a glasspack or straight pipes but i no some dont sound real good but what is the best sound.

underpowered
06-14-2007, 09:08 PM
what series flow's you got on it now? i had a 92 GMC with a sinlg in dual out flow 40, no cat, dumped over the axle and it was loud. if you want louder, get an IMCO (cherry bomb now) extreme series single chamber muffle. i run one on my 03 chevy and it sounds great. never a fan of glass packs, to much pop for me. but straights can sound good if done by the right shop

400excaleb
06-14-2007, 09:22 PM
i got the same thing. but it will sound different on mine casue it doesnt have the vortec and it will make it sound different cause it has more compression and stuff like that

underpowered
06-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 400excaleb
i got the same thing. but it will sound different on mine casue it doesnt have the vortec and it will make it sound different cause it has more compression and stuff like that

well actaully the older TBI trucks are louder than the newer vortec ones. my TBI with a 2 chamber 40 series was louder than my new truck with only a single chamber muffler. the IMCO will give you a louder sound, but takin off the cats will help sound to. my truck had no cats when i got it, but i would suggest leaving them on, or getting high flow ones instead of taking them off.

400excaleb
06-15-2007, 12:25 PM
true but like if u put straight pipes on the newer ones than it sounds real good but on mine it has to much crackle and pop which i dont think it sounds very good

72 chevelle ss
06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
On my 88 I have a 3 in pipe from the y pipe, into a flowmaster super 40 dumped in front of the rear pass wheel and it sounds great.