PDA

View Full Version : which mx setup....need opinions fast...

WB450r
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM
i have an 05 450r and im gunna start racing and i need a good front end....i have a list of options and tell me which one is the best....

1. SMC long travel +2 a arms
motowoz shocks, piggyback
front brake lines, tierods, brake clamps

2. Laeger long travel +2 a arms
Elka long travel shocks, SSD, quad rate, piggyback, with compression and ride height adjust
front brake lines, tierods, elka shock covers

3. Houser long travel + 2 a arms
Elka long travel shocks, SSD, quad rate, piggyback, with compression adjust...12'' wheel travel...
front brake lines, tierods

Please respond cuz im really gunna start racing soon and need a front end....

THANX

mx1791
06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
haha i replied to this on the other site. but yet again ill say it.

smc/motowoz

elkas blow, period. i like housers alot but smc's are great too. and motowoz are amazing feeling. you wont be disapointed

WB450r
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
haha i replied to this on the other site. but yet again ill say it.

smc/motowoz

elkas blow, period. i like housers alot but smc's are great too. and motowoz are amazing feeling. you wont be disapointed

yeah i made a thread on 450r headquaters forum to see if i could get anymore opinions.....but yeah.....i emailed kenneth at kbmotorsports and he said it would be about $1800 for SMC lt +2 or +3 and motowoz shocks, brake lines and clamps, and tierods....does tht sound like a good deal.....

JW450R1
06-15-2007, 05:30 AM
I like #3

400exrider707
06-15-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm a huge fan of Houser, and have no experience with SMC, but based solely on shock choice its gotta be the SMC motowoz setup. I haven't rode on motowoz though, but elkas I have ridden on and I know I dont want those.

Chino886
06-15-2007, 06:26 AM
If money is no object, I would go Laeger's with the Motowoz!

I have had laeger's before, but never Motowoz!

I've ridden stock rebuild revalves (from 2 different builders), Axis (ST & LT), Elka (ST & LT), PEPs.

So far my PEPs are working out good for me, no complaints!

I am working on another deal currently and may be the 1st in North America to try this product! :devil:

stocktires
06-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I'm a huge fan of Houser, and have no experience with SMC, but based solely on shock choice its gotta be the SMC motowoz setup. I haven't rode on motowoz though, but elkas I have ridden on and I know I dont want those.

Dude, your avatar is like a posterboard for Elka...

Also, I would steer way clear of Elka. Personally I would go with a Laeger/Axis or Pep set-up... But I'm oldschool