PDA

View Full Version : Wanting Blaster?

05yellow400EXJV
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey all you Blaster owners. I'm thinking about getting a Blaster. Has your luck with a 2 stroke bike been good. I've heard their not as reliable as 4 strokes but what is your opinion. I have an 05 400ex and just dercided I want a blaster. I was looking at an 03 blaster the other day going for 1600. Is that a pretty good price. It had less than 60 hrs on it. Just want your guys opinion.

honda450rider33
06-14-2007, 04:46 PM
keep the 400ex 2strokes are way more problems than they are worth

honda8&3
06-16-2007, 02:42 PM
^^true^^ but they sure are fun. But you cant go wrong with your 400ex. Get a cheap one like a late 90's and then put like a pipe silencer and filter and jet kit and your good!:D

Valhalla
06-17-2007, 03:06 PM
i have both the 400ex and a blaster. the blaster is MUCH more fun to ride in every way. the only thing the 400 has on it is a softer ride.

as far as reliability goes, i havent had 1 problem with my blaster yet. as long as you take care of it and keep up with the routine matinenance it will be just as reliable as the 400. although it may now be as fast on the top end as the 400, its no slouch in the acceleration dept. it hangs right beside my 400 all the way to its top end. only then does the 400 leave it behind ( but not by much). mods in my sig.

nothing beats the fun factor of a nice 2-stroke. 400 is just another boring 4-stroke thats begging for an asswhoopin on the trails.

Thumper9489
06-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Ive never had a problem with a blaster the only problems i have had are the ones i has caused myself hah

blasterfreak99
06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by honda450rider33
keep the 400ex 2strokes are way more problems than they are worth

really? is that why the two stroke makes twice as much power as a four stroke? sure you have to re-ring them every winter(as long as you take care of it and keep up with routine maintenance) but you only have to do a full topend rebuild every other winter(once again as long as you keep up with routine maintenance). they are so simple to rebuild, and way cheaper also, its not even funny. you should rebuild a four stroke prolly every 3 years(being very generous) but it will take you about the same amount of time and money as those two re-ring jobs and the one full topend on the two stroke. now tell me it isnt worth it.

Gray33
06-22-2007, 10:00 PM
dude i got a 04 for sale for 1800

DuwBra
06-24-2007, 02:13 AM
i got an 04 for sale too, but i want at least 2000

honda450rider33
06-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
really? is that why the two stroke makes twice as much power as a four stroke? sure you have to re-ring them every winter(as long as you take care of it and keep up with routine maintenance) but you only have to do a full topend rebuild every other winter(once again as long as you keep up with routine maintenance). they are so simple to rebuild, and way cheaper also, its not even funny. you should rebuild a four stroke prolly every 3 years(being very generous) but it will take you about the same amount of time and money as those two re-ring jobs and the one full topend on the two stroke. now tell me it isnt worth it.

they make twice as much power as a 4-stroke so a banshee makes about 38 hp and a 450 makes about 42 and 450-350(and the banshee is a twin cylinder) which is a 100cc diff. funny huh? i have argued this subject several times, dont get me wrong two strokes are fun to ride and have a feel like no other, the power cannot be replaced, and are easy to rebuild(which is funny my blaster is an 04, my dads banshee is an 04 and the banshee has had 1 topend, and my blaster has had 2. my moms 01 polaris trailboss has the same top end, same airfilter, same spark plug, since we bought it in 01 and runs better than both the blaster and the banshee) some people (you are a prime example) want two strokes to stay so bad that you make stupid arguments to defend them. two stokes are way more maintnence and way more expensive to maintain. a 4stroke you change the oil once a season, adjust the valves as necessary(450r nor the trail boss have ever had valve adjustments) and that is it. two strokes you are constanly rebuilding, replacing plugs, changeing jets, etc. so dont make your stupid senseless arguments when you have no idea what you are talking about!!!:mad: :grr:

x rider1291
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
they make twice as much power as a 4-stroke so a banshee makes about 38 hp and a 450 makes about 42 and 450-350(and the banshee is a twin cylinder) which is a 100cc diff. funny huh? i have argued this subject several times, dont get me wrong two strokes are fun to ride and have a feel like no other, the power cannot be replaced, and are easy to rebuild(which is funny my blaster is an 04, my dads banshee is an 04 and the banshee has had 1 topend, and my blaster has had 2. my moms 01 polaris trailboss has the same top end, same airfilter, same spark plug, since we bought it in 01 and runs better than both the blaster and the banshee) some people (you are a prime example) want two strokes to stay so bad that you make stupid arguments to defend them. two stokes are way more maintnence and way more expensive to maintain. a 4stroke you change the oil once a season, adjust the valves as necessary(450r nor the trail boss have ever had valve adjustments) and that is it. two strokes you are constanly rebuilding, replacing plugs, changeing jets, etc. so dont make your stupid senseless arguments when you have no idea what you are talking about!!!:mad: :grr:

1.) he never said anything about banshees and 450's 2.) wut does ur moms trailboss running better than ur banshee and blaster have to do with anything in this thread 3.) i have a banshee and a 250r and last time i rebuilt the topend was when i first got them being 2 yrs ago. i changed the plugs a couple months ago. and i havent had to jet them since i got them and they still run like brand new so wut r u talkin about?

Big_T
07-03-2007, 07:04 PM
i am selling a blaster for $850

blasterfreak99
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM

yea, right. i have no idea what im talking about. i agree with the guy above me.

1) if you want to only change the oil in your 4 stroke once very year, then go right ahead, and while you are broke down in the garage ill be zipping down the trail or on the mx track. you have to change the oil MORE OFTEN on a 4 stroke. why? because most four strokes dont have seperate oil and tranny compartments. even if the four stroke does have two seperate compartments then you have two different oils to change.

2) the 450s are TUNED to get the most hp and tq out of then stock. and the banshee being a twin cylinder has nothing to do with stock hp. if anything it only reduces power by the amount of friction. it being a twin only makes it more responsive to mods.

3) i didnt say anything about a 2 stroke being more reliable than a 4 stroke. i said the amount of power that a two stroke makes is worth the less reliability IMO

4) a two stroke is NOT more expensive to maintain. the only thing you have to do is change the crankcase oil every three rides or so. yes you need to rebuild them when they get low on compression but it doesnt take hardly any money to do.

5) youre an idiot if you think that on a 2 stroke you have to rejet all the time. you have to rejet on a 4 stroke just as much as on a 2 stroke. IF its jetted right (and if its not and you cant seem to figure out how to jet it properly then you need to just give up riding) then you only have to rejet in EXTREME temperature changes or when you put aftermarket mods on it.

6) dont reply to one of my posts saying im an idiot and i dont know what im talking about. its clear that YOU, my friend are the ignorant one.

07250ex
07-03-2007, 11:15 PM
yea, right. i have no idea what im talking about. i agree with the guy above me.

1) if you want to only change the oil in your 4 stroke once very year, then go right ahead, and while you are broke down in the garage ill be zipping down the trail or on the mx track. you have to change the oil MORE OFTEN on a 4 stroke. why? because most four strokes dont have seperate oil and tranny compartments. even if the four stroke does have two seperate compartments then you have two different oils to change.

2) the 450s are TUNED to get the most hp and tq out of then stock. and the banshee being a twin cylinder has nothing to do with stock hp. if anything it only reduces power by the amount of friction. it being a twin only makes it more responsive to mods.

3) i didnt say anything about a 2 stroke being more reliable than a 4 stroke. i said the amount of power that a two stroke makes is
worth the less reliability IMO

4) a two stroke is NOT more expensive to maintain. the only thing you have to do is change the crankcase oil every three rides or so. yes you need to rebuild them when they get low on compression but it doesnt take hardly any money to do.

5) youre an idiot if you think that on a 2 stroke you have to rejet all the time. you have to rejet on a 4 stroke just as much as on a 2 stroke. IF its jetted right (and if its not and you cant seem to figure out how to jet it properly then you need to just give up riding) then you only have to rejet in EXTREME temperature changes or when you put aftermarket mods on it.

6) dont reply to one of my posts saying im an idiot and i dont know what im talking about. its clear that YOU, my friend are the ignorant one.

in number 2 your an idiot having a twin allows the engine to rev quicker and to a higher rpm allowing for more power and the power to spike or go from low to high quickly

honda450rider33
07-04-2007, 11:53 AM
he said that a 2 stroke makes twice the power as a 4-stroke and like i explained with the 450 that is not true. if you have not rebuilt your 2-stroke in 2 years than you must not ride alot/ or ride hard. and the only reason i jumped all over you is because in the past you have been a total a** to anyone who disagrees with you. and if you beleive that 2-strokes are less maintnece than a 4-stroke than you are the ignorant one my friend.

blasterfreak99
07-05-2007, 06:54 AM
well my bad, i guess i wasnt clear enough for you. i meant that it being a twin had nothing to do with how much peak hp. yea im sure it could rev quicker, and/or higher, but that has nothing to do with peak HP. it could effect WHEN it made peak hp, but it wouldnt effect how much peak hp. i dont really know much about banshees but im just going on common sense.

and honda450rider33, im not gonna argue with you anymore, ok? and i havent been a total *** to anyone who disagrees with me, ive been a toatal *** the the people who constantly disagree with me.

x rider1291
07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
he said that a 2 stroke makes twice the power as a 4-stroke and like i explained with the 450 that is not true. if you have not rebuilt your 2-stroke in 2 years than you must not ride alot/ or ride hard. and the only reason i jumped all over you is because in the past you have been a total a** to anyone who disagrees with you. and if you beleive that 2-strokes are less maintnece than a 4-stroke than you are the ignorant one my friend.

yo man i listen i not here to fight with u either...i was just sayin that half the stuff u said had nothing to do with wut blasterfreak said thats all...and no i do ride my quads alot i just havent had to change the top end because i take care of my quads...as long as u treat a 2 stroke good and do daily maintenace, it can run good for longer than u think without having to rebuild the topend...o and i never called u ignorant

pbblaster2
07-06-2007, 08:13 AM
gosh calm down but as long as you mantain your stuff it fill run good for a long time i have a 88 blaster that has had nothign done to it but tighten the chain and a new spark plug

Gray33
07-06-2007, 08:30 AM

Changing the oil once a season...and you say you take good care of your quad? I change my oil every month on my blaster and for 450's I have read on this sight that you change oil more then any other quad since its a performance quad. I thought you had a 450r or is that someone elses in your picture. Also my blaster is no fun and i am trying to buy a 450r because my blaster is not dependeable or big enough for my size. So I am just saying if you really did take care of your quads you would change your oil alot more then that. Yes, probly a 4 stroke utiltiy quad would need a oil change once a season I woudlnt know because i dont own a utlitly quad.

440ex2001
07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Go for it. I'd say shop around though You can find blasters pretty cheap. Get one with Hydro brakes. You can make these little babies rip and they are very Cheap to maintian and buy upgrades for. The guys that say 2-strokes require more maintanence just don't know much about them. They have fewer moving parts than a 4-stroke so how could they be more maintanence? They go through plugs ig you don't have it tuned right but thats about it.
If you get one in good shap and take care of it you'll love it. I bought an old 90 model built it from the ground up to sell then I rode it. Now I keeping it :).

honda450rider33
07-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Gray33
Changing the oil once a season...and you say you take good care of your quad? I change my oil every month on my blaster and for 450's I have read on this sight that you change oil more then any other quad since its a performance quad. I thought you had a 450r or is that someone elses in your picture. Also my blaster is no fun and i am trying to buy a 450r because my blaster is not dependeable or big enough for my size. So I am just saying if you really did take care of your quads you would change your oil alot more then that. Yes, probly a 4 stroke utiltiy quad would need a oil change once a season I woudlnt know because i dont own a utlitly quad.

if you change your tranny fluid on your blaster that often that is just stupid and a waste of money. and for blaster freak if it revs higher you are going to make MORE HP and when i first came on here way before this i and a few others disagreed with you in several posts and you blew a gasket, so you must be a yamaha tech since you know everythinh(just kidding) ;)

Gray33
07-10-2007, 09:18 AM
I'll be honest i really hate my blaster and i am trying to trade/sell my blaster for a 450r because i want a 4 stroke and i think honda has better quality

blasterfreak99
07-10-2007, 02:10 PM
if you change your tranny fluid on your blaster that often that is just stupid and a waste of money. and for blaster freak if it revs higher you are going to make MORE HP and when i first came on here way before this i and a few others disagreed with you in several posts and you blew a gasket, so you must be a yamaha tech since you know everythinh(just kidding) ;)

so actually changing my oil and keeping up with maintenece is a waste of money right? no if it revs higher it will only change WHEN it makes peak hp, not how much peak hp. and about the other posts, youy obviously didnt read the older threads when they kept disagreeing and what i told them (calmly) went in one ear and out the other and they would turn around and make another post or thread about the same question that i already answered for them. if i didnt make it clear enough for them then they shouldve told me so and i wouldve reworded my answer. and to be honest i know i dont know everything, but what i do know i like to help people out by sharing that knowledge, and if they persist in asking the question after ive explained it several times then it kinda ticks me off.

honda450rider33
07-10-2007, 04:12 PM
not that changing the oil is not good for it it just does not need to be replaced that often since i have had my blaster i have changed the tranny oil like 2 times a year and still have the same clutch and there is no metal in the oil could it be changed more yes but once a month is way to much, and if it reves higer then it will have more PEAK HP think of a rev limiter you increase the rpms and the HP, i am done arguing this with you

blasterfreak99
07-11-2007, 01:22 AM
alright youre and idiot. plain and simple. with a rev box all you do is increase the rpm's, not the HP. if it makes more peak hp then it might rev farther. but just because an engine revs farther doesnt mean it is making more peak hp.

and just incase you havent noticed my blaster isnt anywhere near stock. on my 38+ hp (as a pose to a 17-18hp stock blaster) blaster it is necessary to change my tranny oil that often. the stock clutch isnt designed to handle that kind of power.

honda450rider33
07-12-2007, 04:52 PM
alright youre and idiot. plain and simple. with a rev box all you do is increase the rpm's, not the HP. if it makes more peak hp then it might rev farther. but just because an engine revs farther doesnt mean it is making more peak hp.

and just incase you havent noticed my blaster isnt anywhere near stock. on my 38+ hp (as a pose to a 17-18hp stock blaster) blaster it is necessary to change my tranny oil that often. the stock clutch isnt designed to handle that kind of power.

ok i will admit i am not a 100% sure about the rev box ok i am the idiot but you have like 4 grand into a blaster that will barley beat a mildly moded 400, and i did not read your sig so you with all the mods you have will need to change the tranny oil more but a stock blaster you dont need to change it that much

blasterfreak99
07-12-2007, 09:20 PM
that is 4 grand into EVERYTHING! not just the motor. i bought the best of everything. this thing was bone stock when i got it. ive only got about 15-1700 in the motor

and at least you admit if youre wrong. it hard for people to do that(me usually).

440ex2001
07-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow this thread is fun. Let me throw some more fuel on the little fire here. Having owned a four stroke and own a 2-troke now and being a graduate of MMI I have came up with this idea of 2st vs 4 st. The 4-strokes are more reliable and require less routine maintanence. I like how you can just change your oil keep it cleaned and lubed and 9 times out of 10 it will get you back from where ever you go with no problems. Now 2-strokes are a little more tempramental they go through plugs if not jetted correctly and you do have to change the tranny oil more often but the power POTENTIAL of a 2-troke far exceeds that of a 4-stroke.Take a banshee stock and a 450r stock they maybe close as far as speed and power. Now put a full exhaust on the banshee and the same on the 450r both jetted correctly and what happens? The banshee responds alot better to a simple mod like this than a 450r. No port and polish the cylinders of the banshee do the same to the head of the 450r (and spend twice the $$ i might add) the banshee really starts to scream now and the 450r gains a few hp. Now add reeds, longer crank, bigger cylinders ,milled head, bigger carbs. It keeps getting faster and more powerful. You would have to throw a TON of money at a 4-stroke to come close to the power of a 2-stroke with 100 less cc's. Hell you can build a little blaster to beat a piped 450 for about 1500 bucks. There really is no comparison. Now over-all I choose a 4-stroke because they are better over all, handling, reliablity,easy to ride power etc. There is no point in arguing over power its just silly. If it werent for emissions I'm sure there would still be some 250r's out there mixing it up with todays 450r's.

yfzrider310
08-01-2007, 11:33 AM
wow ive had nothing but problems with mine im mean it blows up the transmissions just went shot kickstart broke and the piston is slapping. thats why im just buying a yfz i mean i like 2 strokes and all but 4 strokes are waaaaaaaayyy more reliable :D

blaster99
08-01-2007, 05:26 PM
eveyone thast fighting for the 2 strokes on the 1st page of this thread ( all i could take) are being retarded. 4- strokes are better. i have 2 of the best basters in the world, im not stupid, show me a blaster thats better, and let me tell you, i got on a modded 300ex, and it has so much more power and handles so much better. 4 strokes are it now, and nothing any one you 2 stroke lovers can do about it. ill aughf when im laping you on the track.

yfzrider310
08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
blaster99 is right with the new technology and power u might as well sell ur two stroke now while there worth anything and buy a 4-stroke i mean people are say that there blaster can beat a stock 450. but does the 450 guy care...no because he hasnt put 10,000 into his atv

x rider1291
08-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by blaster99
eveyone thast fighting for the 2 strokes on the 1st page of this thread ( all i could take) are being retarded. 4- strokes are better. i have 2 of the best basters in the world, im not stupid, show me a blaster thats better, and let me tell you, i got on a modded 300ex, and it has so much more power and handles so much better. 4 strokes are it now, and nothing any one you 2 stroke lovers can do about it. ill aughf when im laping you on the track.

haha this guy a real jokester....GOOD ONE MAN!!!:huh

blaster99
08-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by x rider1291
haha this guy a real jokester....GOOD ONE MAN!!!:huh

what do you think im joking about? you oviously dont pay attention to the atv industry and whast out front at races. i think ive been the top finnishishing blaster at the unadillia national ever. ive never seen a blaster in 4th place at unadilla, ever!

x rider1291
08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
what do you think im joking about? you oviously dont pay attention to the atv industry and whast out front at races. i think ive been the top finnishishing blaster at the unadillia national ever. ive never seen a blaster in 4th place at unadilla, ever!

good for u man u wanna trophy....and no i dont pay attention not really but when im out racing wuts in front is me on my 250r

cr977
08-03-2007, 08:31 AM
ill give you this 2 strokes are fun, you can mess around on them all day and have fun, are they faster? no are they superior to 4 strokes? no dirt bike guys argue the same things but every weekend around the country, what are the pros riding? 4 strokes, who is riding 2 strokes? people who cant let go of the past, i cant afford a 250f dirt bike, but i did have a 125, i could afford it, although i can afford it and i liked it, i did not feel that it was supirior to a 250f in any way. 4 strokes are faster because they make better torq, look at any dyno, dyno a 50hp 450 with a decent setup and a banshee with 65hp, which bike do you think makes more horsepower off idle? the 450, in fact even though the banshee has a 15 hp advantage, the only place the banshee will beat the 450 is top end, not only that, but where a banshee spins all day a 450 hooks up and pulls, that my friend is why 450s are being raced in mx and harescrambles where you need snappy acceleration and good traction and not so much top end, and that same reason is why people like banshees for the dunes, where you want top speed. a 2 stroke may be more cost effective and if you like the way it runs than cool, get it! but, if you are looking power, traction, and are not to concerned about top speed get a 4 stroke.

blaster99
08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
good for u man u wanna trophy....and no i dont pay attention not really but when im out racing wuts in front is me on my 250r

no, i dont want a throphy, and in front on your 250r? ha! you must race a ****ty class, or no one races around you, 4 strokes dominated 2 strokes, so a 450 would smoke the **** out of a 250r its a fact man, if they were reay that fast, you would see pros outthere on them. i would rather win by a mile and lose and be sponsored. im sure many of the pros feel the same way.

x rider1291
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
no, i dont want a throphy, and in front on your 250r? ha! you must race a ****ty class, or no one races around you, 4 strokes dominated 2 strokes, so a 450 would smoke the **** out of a 250r its a fact man, if they were reay that fast, you would see pros outthere on them. i would rather win by a mile and lose and be sponsored. im sure many of the pros feel the same way.

cmon man no need to bash on the 250r...it paved the way for sport qauds today which means if it werent for the 250r, the 450's probably wouldnt be here or they wouldnt be as high tech. look im not in any way saying that 450's or 4 strokes in general are bad quads. i rode a 450r the other day and was very impressed. but u cant seriously tell me that a 250r is a bad qaud and cant keep up with the 450's...and the pros get paid to race 450's....and dont take it personal man i was just playin about the trophy thing i joke alot ya kno.:D

x rider1291
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by cr977
ill give you this 2 strokes are fun, you can mess around on them all day and have fun, are they faster? no are they superior to 4 strokes? no dirt bike guys argue the same things but every weekend around the country, what are the pros riding? 4 strokes, who is riding 2 strokes? people who cant let go of the past, i cant afford a 250f dirt bike, but i did have a 125, i could afford it, although i can afford it and i liked it, i did not feel that it was supirior to a 250f in any way. 4 strokes are faster because they make better torq, look at any dyno, dyno a 50hp 450 with a decent setup and a banshee with 65hp, which bike do you think makes more horsepower off idle? the 450, in fact even though the banshee has a 15 hp advantage, the only place the banshee will beat the 450 is top end, not only that, but where a banshee spins all day a 450 hooks up and pulls, that my friend is why 450s are being raced in mx and harescrambles where you need snappy acceleration and good traction and not so much top end, and that same reason is why people like banshees for the dunes, where you want top speed. a 2 stroke may be more cost effective and if you like the way it runs than cool, get it! but, if you are looking power, traction, and are not to concerned about top speed get a 4 stroke.

yes i do agree with u on saying 2 strokes are not superior to 4. they both have there ups and downs. but i dunno man my 250r and banshee do fine when i race. i guess its all rider preference. now i do think 4 strokes are easier to ride and do hook up better but if u kno how to ride a 2 stroke u can hook up just as well.

cr977
08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
yes i do agree with u on saying 2 strokes are not superior to 4. they both have there ups and downs. but i dunno man my 250r and banshee do fine when i race. i guess its all rider preference. now i do think 4 strokes are easier to ride and do hook up better but if u kno how to ride a 2 stroke u can hook up just as well.

i have ridden and owned my 2 strokes, i have also ridden and owned a few 4 strokes, in general 4 strokes hook up better, and they make way more torq i am neutral on this argument because i have ridden and like both 2 and 4 strokes, but if i where racing i would perfer a 4 stroke, if i where on a budget or want to just have fun, i would own a 2 stroke. i dont even get the argument in 4 wheelers about 2 vs 4 it is not like dirt bikes where they are both tuned well stock, and it is up to weight issues, in quads 2 and 4 strokes are similarly weighted, and tuned.

x rider1291
08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
i have ridden and owned my 2 strokes, i have also ridden and owned a few 4 strokes, in general 4 strokes hook up better, and they make way more torq i am neutral on this argument because i have ridden and like both 2 and 4 strokes, but if i where racing i would perfer a 4 stroke, if i where on a budget or want to just have fun, i would own a 2 stroke. i dont even get the argument in 4 wheelers about 2 vs 4 it is not like dirt bikes where they are both tuned well stock, and it is up to weight issues, in quads 2 and 4 strokes are similarly weighted, and tuned.

i agree with you 100%...i am also nuetral in this arguement because i have owned and like both. i just stick up for the 2 strokes because i dont like how ppl degrade them. like i said they both have there ups and downs no need to bash on one another. though i gotta say for some types of racing i would stick with two stoke

blasterfreak99
08-03-2007, 12:26 PM
cmon man no need to bash on the 250r...it paved the way for sport qauds today which means if it werent for the 250r, the 450's probably wouldnt be here or they wouldnt be as high tech. look im not in any way saying that 450's or 4 strokes in general are bad quads. i rode a 450r the other day and was very impressed. but u cant seriously tell me that a 250r is a bad qaud and cant keep up with the 450's...and the pros get paid to race 450's....and dont take it personal man i was just playin about the trophy thing i joke alot ya kno.:D

actually i think that the 450s wouldve happened sooner. because if the 250r wasnt made then there wouldnt even be any quads to race besides 300ex's warrior's and banshee's. the manufacturers wouldve had to have produced a sport quad. (the 450's)

and blaster99,
i wasnt saying that two strokes are better, i was simply stating that a 2 stroke is much cheaper to maintain and to make power out of than a 4 stroke and then it turned in to a big arguement on 2 stroke vs 4 stroke.

blaster99
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
i dont get why everyone thinks all pros get paid. only the luckey ones get factory sponsorships and get paid, all the others, and **** out of luck, they decide what they want to run, they dotn get paid to ride, mabey oif they win they get a bonus from some sponsor, but other than that they make there own money from a job. most pros have other jobs too.

honda450rider33
08-04-2007, 12:04 AM

i have to diagree with you a banshee with a good set up and some new tires will run all day long with a 450 i like 4-strokes better than 2-strokes but i will not say that they cannot keep up with the newer 450s

honda450rider33
08-04-2007, 12:06 AM
i dont get why everyone thinks all pros get paid. only the luckey ones get factory sponsorships and get paid, all the others, and **** out of luck, they decide what they want to run, they dotn get paid to ride, mabey oif they win they get a bonus from some sponsor, but other than that they make there own money from a job. most pros have other jobs too.

ok that is not true either people who race and have good sponsers i am not even talking about pro class 450s, the majority of the expensives are taken care of from the sponsers

blasterfreak99
08-04-2007, 12:24 AM
ok that is not true either people who race and have good sponsers i am not even talking about pro class 450s, the majority of the expensives are taken care of from the sponsers

...but they still dont get paid. they get discounts.

440ex2001
08-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
blaster99 is right with the new technology and power u might as well sell ur two stroke now while there worth anything and buy a 4-stroke i mean people are say that there blaster can beat a stock 450. but does the 450 guy care...no because he hasnt put 10,000 into his atv

One of my quads is a old 89 blaster. I have put 1200 bucks in it including the price of quad itself and BEAT 250r dirtbikes on my track at home. HMMMM 8000 4-stroke 450r or 1200 dollar blaster. Who feels bad when they lose? It does not take 10g (lol) to make a 2-stroke fast. Thats ridonkulous. If you think that the power potential of a 4-stroke is greater than a 2-stroke you obviously no NOTHING about engines. You are just spouting BS that makes you feel better about spending SOOOO much money on slower quad. 2>4 sorry thats the way it is. You can talk all you want and I can talk all I want but when it comes down to it where are the 4-strokes at the sand drags? On the sidelines with there mouths wide open watching the banshee's ,quadzilla's ,250r's and blasters scream up the hill.

cr977
08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
One of my quads is a old 89 blaster. I have put 1200 bucks in it including the price of quad itself and I beat 400's and 450's on the track all the time. Hell ,I BEAT 250r dirtbikes on my track at home. HMMMM 8000 4-stroke 450r or 1200 dollar blaster. Who feels bad when they lose? It does not take 10g (lol) to make a 2-stroke fast. Thats ridonkulous. If you think that the power potential of a 4-stroke is greater than a 2-stroke you obviously no NOTHING about engines. You are just spouting BS that makes you feel better about spending SOOOO much money on slower quad. 2>4 sorry thats the way it is. You can talk all you want and I can talk all I want but when it comes down to it where are the 4-strokes at the sand drags? On the sidelines with there mouths wide open watching the banshee's ,quadzilla's ,250r's and blasters scream up the hill.

you are kidding right? look at dirt bikes, a fully tuned factory racer 250 smoker makes around 55-65hp while a factory racer 450 thumper is pumping out high 60s low 70s. and you are either one hell of a rider or you ride with guys who suck, you blaster would not beat a halfway decent 450 rider. and i highly doubt you beat 250 smokers at the track. i rode at an mx track today, i have ridden 300exs 3000-4000$ worth of mods and works suspension, did not even come close to touching a kfx400, let alone a 450r, this is a pointless argument, but let me say, you are a special guy if you can run a 450s pace on a 18 year old 1200$ blaster, doubt it.

440ex2001
08-05-2007, 09:11 AM
you are kidding right? look at dirt bikes, a fully tuned factory racer 250 smoker makes around 55-65hp while a factory racer 450 thumper is pumping out high 60s low 70s. and you are either one hell of a rider or you ride with guys who suck, you blaster would not beat a halfway decent 450 rider. and i highly doubt you beat 250 smokers at the track. i rode at an mx track today, i have ridden 300exs 3000-4000$ worth of mods and works suspension, did not even come close to touching a kfx400, let alone a 450r, this is a pointless argument, but let me say, you are a special guy if you can run a 450s pace on a 18 year old 1200$ blaster, doubt it.

Thanks, I really dont give a **** if you highly doubt anything I say or do or not. I am a damn good rider thanks, but thats besides the point . I'm the type of guy who looks at physical results not what some kid keeps spewing out on the internet. I dont care how many specificaions you can make up. The guys I ride with are very good riders and good friends so don't disrespect them. The track I have is very tight and has only two 300ft straights so I catch them and pass them in the turns. Its not that hard. Back to my point. My friend and I have an 89 zilla it has some minor mods but has NEVER been beat buy anything 4 stroke even the guys that have EVERYTHING you can do to a 4-stroke. Same thing with our banshee's. WHY?. THe dirtbikes are different. The 450's are faster but hell they have almost twice the motor (lol) In the quad world there is no comparison. Read this carefully A 2-STROKE HAS MORE POWER POTENTIAL THAN ANY 4-STROKE QUAD. I love 4-strokes and work on them all the time I went to school to learn how to build them. I will buy one as soon as I can afford one again however when I do I will be prepared to get beat by banshees in drag races then I'll pull out the zilla. If a 2-stroke quad gets beat on a track its because it looses traction not because it has less power. Like I said, I go by real world results when I start seeing 450r's and 700r's and 660r's start beating banshees and zilla' in drags easily I will change my view. Unitil then I guess I'll just sit here and shake my head at you "know it alls" :rolleyes:

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/ef7e7435-1c32-4def-8291-0122af7f50f5.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ef7e7435-1c32-4def-8291-0122af7f50f5.htm)Podos Racing 16mil Banshee Wars winner vs NOS Turbocharged 500+hp hayabusa (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ef7e7435-1c32-4def-8291-0122af7f50f5.htm)

Where are the 4-strokes?
<embed src="http://www.myquadvideos.com/misc/flash/flvplayer.swf" flashvars="file=http://www.myquadvideos.com/uploads/e53719768123f5c1b74f35ee40228119_BansheeDrags2.wmv .flv&autostart=false&repeat=false&showfsbutton=true&fullscreenpage=http://www.myquadvideos.com/fullscreen/index.html&overstretch=true&width=420&height=335&image=http://www.myquadvideos.com/uploads/thumbs/bg_videobg.jpg&backcolor=0xffffff&frontcolor=0x000000&lightcolor=0x000000&showdigits=true&bufferlength=5&fsreturnpage=http://www.myquadvideos.com/videos/Drag_Racing/Oldsmobile_Hill_-_Glamis" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" height="335" width="420"><a href="http://www.myquadvideos.com">View More Videos Like This!</a>

honda450rider33
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
i dont think he said anything about banshees or quadzillas not being fast he said and i 100% agree with him that a blaster unless is completley built will not beat a 450 on the track or a 250 dirt bike that is just retarded to even begin to fight that a blaster will. my friend has a 400ex (stock) and he beat a 240 blaster like it was nothing. i have a blaster and i used to think it was fast until i raced 400s and 450s and i realized that it is not that fast. and who is your sponser because if you are such a good rider and you can beat 450s with blaster you must have a full factory sponser ship and be a honda factory rider or somthing because if you can do that on a blaster what can you do on a 450?:confused: :D

cr977
08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks, I really dont give a **** if you highly doubt anything I say or do or not. I am a damn good rider thanks, but thats besides the point . I'm the type of guy who looks at physical results not what some kid keeps spewing out on the internet. I dont care how many specificaions you can make up. The guys I ride with are very good riders and good friends so don't disrespect them. The track I have is very tight and has only two 300ft straights so I catch them and pass them in the turns. Its not that hard. Back to my point. My friend and I have an 89 zilla it has some minor mods but has NEVER been beat buy anything 4 stroke even the guys that have EVERYTHING you can do to a 4-stroke. Same thing with our banshee's. WHY?. THe dirtbikes are different. The 450's are faster but hell they have almost twice the motor (lol) In the quad world there is no comparison. Read this carefully A 2-STROKE HAS MORE POWER POTENTIAL THAN ANY 4-STROKE QUAD. I love 4-strokes and work on them all the time I went to school to learn how to build them. I will buy one as soon as I can afford one again however when I do I will be prepared to get beat by banshees in drag races then I'll pull out the zilla. If a 2-stroke quad gets beat on a track its because it looses traction not because it has less power. Like I said, I go by real world results when I start seeing 450r's and 700r's and 660r's start beating banshees and zilla' in drags easily I will change my view. Unitil then I guess I'll just sit here and shake my head at you "know it alls" :rolleyes:

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/ef7e7435-1c32-4def-8291-0122af7f50f5.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ef7e7435-1c32-4def-8291-0122af7f50f5.htm)Podos Racing 16mil Banshee Wars winner vs NOS Turbocharged 500+hp hayabusa (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ef7e7435-1c32-4def-8291-0122af7f50f5.htm)

Where are the 4-strokes?
<embed src="http://www.myquadvideos.com/misc/flash/flvplayer.swf" flashvars="file=http://www.myquadvideos.com/uploads/e53719768123f5c1b74f35ee40228119_BansheeDrags2.wmv .flv&autostart=false&repeat=false&showfsbutton=true&fullscreenpage=http://www.myquadvideos.com/fullscreen/index.html&overstretch=true&width=420&height=335&image=http://www.myquadvideos.com/uploads/thumbs/bg_videobg.jpg&backcolor=0xffffff&frontcolor=0x000000&lightcolor=0x000000&showdigits=true&bufferlength=5&fsreturnpage=http://www.myquadvideos.com/videos/Drag_Racing/Oldsmobile_Hill_-_Glamis" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" height="335" width="420"><a href="http://www.myquadvideos.com">View More Videos Like This!</a>

ok, but a 450 would be at more of an advantage where there are lots of turns and stuff, that is where a 4 stroke would have an advantage with torq, also, can i see a parts list for your 1200$ blaster that beats 450s? in order to beat a 450 you would at least need upgraded suspension and wider arms and axel, not to mention you will need at least a pipe/silener, reeds, filter, and it needs to be jetted spot on just to keep them in the same area code.

honda450rider33
08-05-2007, 06:56 PM
ok, but a blaster would be at more of an advantage where there are lots of turns and stuff, that is where a 4 stroke would have an advantage with torq, also, can i see a parts list for you 1200$ blaster that beats 450s? in order to beat a 450 you would at least need upgraded suspension and wider arms and axel, not to mention you will need at least a pipe/silener, reeds, filter, and it needs to be jetted spot on just to keep them in the same area code.

i agree with you but you will need more than a pipe and silencer. if the blaster is so fast and all you need is 1200$ then why arent there more raced? that is foolish to even buy a 450 when brand new you could of gotten a blaster for 3000-3500 compared to a 7000$ 450 or you could buy a 18 year old blaster for like 500 bucks and beat a 450 and all you need is a couple hundred to throw into the thing

440ex2001
08-05-2007, 08:29 PM
You know what. I'm going to do you a favor and video tape it. I'm not going to sit here and play the same "my friend did this and my friend has that" game that all you guys always realy on to prove a point . We all have a "friend" that has something that beat something huh?
My little blaster just has a bigger carb and vforce reeds with a fatty pipe. Oh and I did it with no rear brake. No sponsers,just been ridng since I was 4. I race with 3 other guys on 250r's (dirtbikes) 1 cr250 and 2 rm250's I beat two of them around the track pretty easy but the one RM250 just swaps it up with me I cant pull away. I just got +3 a-arms so after I put them on and fabricate a bracket for my hydor rear brake I'll video tape it and show it to you. Then you can just say AHHHH those guys suck or they let you win or what ever you want. The point is I'm not going to play the "my dad can beat up your dad" BS that kids play. Its put up or shut up with me guys give me about a week and I'll shut you up....... who am I kidding you'll come up with more reasons on why the actual footage is rigged or something to justify your opinions. Guess we'll see :rolleyes:

honda450rider33
08-06-2007, 07:55 AM
wow are you sure you have no sponsers but you are so good that with a blaster you can beat 250 dirt bikes with a carb, reeds, and a pipe that is really good so with like a 400ex you could beat like a cr 500 hahahaha dude i think we all here have owned blasters or the equivelant and they are not that fast with mild mods like you have I have raced z400 and such and i have a full pipe, reed spacers, k&n filter, high compression piston and i lose so bad it is not even funny. :macho

cr977
08-06-2007, 08:14 AM
stock blaster suspension is awful, i have bottomed it out letting a wheelie down to hard let alone jumps at an mx track, no to mention how clapped out 15 or more year old suspension will be

440ex2001
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
wow are you sure you have no sponsers but you are so good that with a blaster you can beat 250 dirt bikes with a carb, reeds, and a pipe that is really good so with like a 400ex you could beat like a cr 500 hahahaha dude i think we all here have owned blasters or the equivelant and they are not that fast with mild mods like you have I have raced z400 and such and i have a full pipe, reed spacers, k&n filter, high compression piston and i lose so bad it is not even funny. :macho

Thanks for the compliments. You have never raced me have you? Did you race just a blaster with no one on it? Oh thats right you raced against another rider as well. They are capable of being faster than the people you a racing if you are a better rider than they are. I'm not saying that my little blaster is fast and I'm sure you and every one else has "owned" one but rememeber kids there is always someone out there who is a better rider and can beat you on lesser equipment:devil:

blaster99
08-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the compliments. You have never raced me have you? Did you race just a blaster with no one on it? Oh thats right you raced against another rider as well. They are capable of being faster than the people you a racing if you are a better rider than they are. I'm not saying that my little blaster is fast and I'm sure you and every one else has "owned" one but rememeber kids there is always someone out there who is a better rider and can beat you on lesser equipment:devil:

i agree, i could probibly beat half the kids i race o na stock blaster, whe nthey have there ones with elkas. its a lot of rider. you can have the best quad in the world, but if you cant ride, you wont win.

440ex2001
08-06-2007, 05:57 PM
^ Word:cool:

450rJam
08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
guy on a $1200 dollar blaster is beating 400ex/250r/450r ?

I have a crf70 that kills 1000 gsxr's
and a stock 85 gmc truck that smokes vettes and vipers

no really, really, and john force was driving the viper

and

I walk on water, eat fire and crap ice cream

WE SEE THROUGH THE SMOKE

honda450rider33
08-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam

and

WE SEE THROUGH THE SMOKE

so i am not crazy that a almost stock blaster will not beat a 400/250 dirtbike/450

DuwBra
08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Ok guys obviously this guy talking about his 1200 dollar blaster is full of ****. I own a 2004 Blaster with about 1000 dollars worth of mods, and the thing is just not up to par with 400s let alone a 450. Now im not saying its not fast, because it is, its quicker on take off than the 400s, but come on guys its a 200 cc blaster, lets not kid our selfs. Blasters are just not made to be raced, they are made to have fun on and do recreational riding on. Thats what yamaha was going for when they built these things. They were built to do that kind of stuff. Dont get me wrong they are fun as hell to ride, but your not going to get 400 or 450 quality out of a blaster.

blasterfreak99
08-12-2007, 07:37 PM
i agree you cant get 450 performance out of a blaster but a bone stock 400ex or z400 yes you can. my blaster stomps 400ex's and will beat an all stock z but barely. i used to argue that my blaster would keep right there with a stock 450 but it wont. also i have about 1700 dollars in my motor and i have to run race gas and i have to use motul oil and yada, yada, yada. the point is you can make a blaster as fast as a stock 400 but it wont be nearly as reliable and its still just a blaster. theres no point in doing it. if i had my head screwed on when i started modding my blaster then i wouldnt have done anything but a pipe silencer and airfilter and then i wouldve spent all that money towards a 450.

440ex2001
08-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam

and

WE SEE THROUGH THE SMOKE
Go back and read the post you freaking genius and pick out all the things that you read wrong.

440ex2001
08-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I Stated that I beat 2 250r dirt bilkes and swapped it up with but could not pull away from my buddy (best rider of the three) on a rm250r and my track at my house. I never said anything about drag racing or racing on an MX track with tables, berms,and the like. I said I beat them at MY track at my house. You guys over shoot your mouth and over look the original facts.
If you know anything about 2-strokes you can make them run with any stock 4-stroke and IF you are a RIDER and not a TALKER.
I will tape this for you guys so you can see it. I just put on some +3 a-arms and I am wating on the tierods so I would of had the video up already.
BTW if you get a 240cc Airsal kit 35mm carb, good pipe and port work along with a good suspenison you can do alot on a budget build with a little quad that costs a fraction of the new 450's. I can't wait to post a vid.

honda450rider33
08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
I Stated that I beat 2 250r dirt bilkes and swapped it up with but could not pull away from my buddy (best rider of the three) on a rm250r and my track at my house. I never said anything about drag racing or racing on an MX track with tables, berms,and the like. I said I beat them at MY track at my house. You guys over shoot your mouth and over look the original facts.
If you know anything about 2-strokes you can make them run with any stock 4-stroke and IF you are a RIDER and not a TALKER.
I will tape this for you guys so you can see it. I just put on some +3 a-arms and I am wating on the tierods so I would of had the video up already.
BTW if you get a 240cc Airsal kit 35mm carb, good pipe and port work along with a good suspenison you can do alot on a budget build with a little quad that costs a fraction of the new 450's. I can't wait to post a vid.

do i sense a BACK PEDDLE hahahaha. yeah if i had a track at my house with no jumps berms whoops pretty much an oval and i rode it everyday i am sure i could possibly keep up with some of the quads/bikes you are talking about go and race any of those bikes on a real track and see what happens you will have your a** handed to you

450rJam
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
he forgot to say it was a flat track race with no burm and he is only 52" wide

sounds like a stacked deck

we shoot horse thieves and card cheats in these parts lol

j/k

if thats what it takes to brag then let it rip

honda450rider33
08-14-2007, 08:11 PM

but there is no way you could take like a STOCK banshee and go and run with the 450s at an mx track. banshees in stock form have no acceleration and are just not made to do motocross. so no "2-strokes you can make them run with any stock 4-stroke"
dont get me wrong i love banshees they are great machines but in some ways not as fast as the 450s and by the time you dump all that money into a blaster plus the cost of the bike you might as well buy a 450 it would be less than a 1000 dollars more. the cost of a new blaster is about 3000-3500 plus about 1500 in motor and another 1500 in suspension, a-arms, axle, tires/wheels maybe a little more than 1500 and yeah you maybe with a good rider keep up with the 450s but the blaster is pretty much maxed out to what you can do throw a pipe and filter and you will dog that blaster. talk to blasterfreak99 he has about all of what you and i said and see what he says about his blaster. Blasters are fun little machines and you can have a blast on them but they are not racers like some one else in this thread said.

440ex2001
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
do i sense a BACK PEDDLE hahahaha. yeah if i had a track at my house with no jumps berms whoops pretty much an oval and i rode it everyday i am sure i could possibly keep up with some of the quads/bikes you are talking about go and race any of those bikes on a real track and see what happens you will have your a** handed to you
No back pedaling. I stated that I beat them on my track at my house. I never said anything about a mx track. You guys are the ones who assumed that. I have a road course style track with a couple hair pins and a couple s's and a few straights. I never once said there were jumps or anything like that. Yu guys just get your panties in a twist anytime you here something that has not been done that often and over look the facts alot. You focus on rattling off a bunch of BS to support your opinion and lose grasp on the facts of what was actually said.
I never said that I could be competitive on a MX track with purpose built MX racers. Its a freaking BLASTER that would be silly. I'm not going to argue about the 2stoke vs 4stroke thing anymore becasue its a lost cause.
I believe you can build anything to be competitive within reason giving you build it right, you know what your doing and you can ride.

honda450rider33
08-15-2007, 12:51 PM
that sounds like a back peddal. and when you started talking about dirtbikes and 450s we kind of assumed there would jumps and what not seeing that is were you see most dirtbikes and 450s is at an mx track if you would have said a flat track course that would have been a different story

blasterfreak99
08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
talk to blasterfreak99 he has about all of what you and i said and see what he says about his blaster. Blasters are fun little machines and you can have a blast on them but they are not racers like some one else in this thread said.

^^totally true.

i used to argue the same thing but then i woke up. theres no point in doing all this to a blaster if you can spend 500 on a full system for a 450 and then stomp me. plus its still just a blaster. yeah its kool that you have a blaster that can keep up with 450's but it cant beat them. if you are a better rider then yes you can beat most of them but see what happens when you put even riders on both, or switch the riders.

440ex2001
08-15-2007, 05:02 PM
that sounds like a back peddal. and when you started talking about dirtbikes and 450s we kind of assumed there would jumps and what not seeing that is were you see most dirtbikes and 450s is at an mx track if you would have said a flat track course that would have been a different story

OOOOH, Now I see. next time I make a statement I'll have a complete break down of everything I'm talking about including Blueprints and photo's. WTF! Now who is back pedaling??
This site gets more ridiculous the more ignorant the members get.
Ignorance is not an insult its just lack of knowledge so dont' get offended.

honda450rider33
08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
i am not back peddaling. well lets see when you think of 250 dirt bikes and 450s and a track what do you think? MOTOCROSS TRACK. i think my little sister and her lt80 could beat a 450 on a track if she rode it every day and there was no jumps hahahaha. maybe if you werent so ignorrant and said there was no jumps or berms or anything and said it was a flat track course than maybe we would have not jumped all over you :macho

440ex2001
08-16-2007, 11:21 AM
lol ok

honda450rider33
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
wheres your video?

440ex2001
08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Waiting on a new clutch basket. BTW why dont you cruise on over to everything2stroke.com and get educated :)

440ex2001
08-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Here is a vid of one of my fellow E2E members who has realized and taken advantage of the power of 2strokes. Just alittle blaster ...dont be afraid.
Blaster beating a 310r (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlOrBwjv6FY)

450rJam
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
your not really suporting your 2 stroke aurgument by showing a 2 stroke beating a 2 stroke

anything can be made fast with enough money/mods

there was a kid in high school who had a nitro powered 49cc yamaha moped (funniest thing you ever seen)
it was not safe at all

440ex2001
08-24-2007, 10:28 PM
No...I'm supporting the my statement that you can make blasters very fast if you know what you are doing. You guys have no idea how much power you can get with porting.

honda450rider33
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
funny story about e2s i got banned because i argued to much with people who had NO IDEA what they were talking about that site is a joke and like others said you could make anything fast with the right mods, money, and time

440ex2001
08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
oh, do you own a 2-stroke? Or did you join over there just to start ****?

honda450rider33
08-24-2007, 10:49 PM
oh, do you own a 2-stroke? Or did you join over there just to start ****?

i have a blaster with a pipe, high compression piston, reed spacers, k&n filter and it is not that fast. at least not compared to a 400, 450

cr977
08-25-2007, 08:21 AM
i dont know if i already stated this but my dad has a crazy 390ex, it will beat stock 400exs off the line, and fall short by 1mph on top end, if he had bought all the parts from a dealership, he would probably have a 10,000+ bike. he has never raced a blaster but if a highly modded 390ex can barly beat a 400ex, and a highly modded blaster can match a stock z400, what makes you think a 1200$ blaster can even touch a 400ex? let alone a 450 quad, and ps. a 250r dirt bike weighs 215 pounds and makes around 48-50hp stock, a 450 dirt bike wieghs 218-225 and makes 55 stock. waht makes you think you think you can beat one, not to mention dirt bikes have twice the supension travel up front and make way more torque, the only place you could beat a 250 dirt bike is on a track designed for a blaster with no berms. oh wait, that is the track you raced them on isnt it? dude saying you beat a 450 on a 1200$ blaster and not letting people know this track you raced on is designed for blasters is like saying i smoked a gsxr1000 on my xr70, and not saying it was on a mx track end of story

440ex2001
08-25-2007, 08:49 AM
You guys are really ignorant. I feel sorry for you. You waste your time putting your nose in the air and crossing your arms refusing to learn or except anything that you dont already believe. IF you would stop being so stubborn and arrogant or maybe just get out of denial you would realize that what YOU are saying is BS. For every time some one like you sits there and tells me about their "buddy" or "this guy" who has a quad with 10g's invested blah blah blah I can come up with a actual footage of the net to prove you wrong. Its like trying to tell a kid that there is no santa claus. The majority of the population knows he's not real but the uneducated children still beleive in him because it makes them feel good. IF you want to expand your knowledge and actually learn something about the potential of 2-strokes pull your head out of your *** and actually read about them with an open mind. Of course you will not find anything helpful because your bias will keep you from learning.
About this freakin track conversation. I dont care what you assumed , I dont care that everyone jumped on my case, I dont care if you think I should have explained the type of track to you.
Why should I? I made a statement and you challenged me with the facts that I provided(which were accurate) and you all jumped the gun and rejected the idea becasue you assumed things that were not said. Your fault not mine. I'm sorry that you guys hate 2-strokes so damn much. I find it kinda disappointing. I myself LOVE all quads I enjoy ythe sport. Thats why I went to school to learn about them. I dont hate 450's I want one REALLY bad but the facts (real world actual result not talking) 2-strokes have more power potential. Open you minds. Learn something new. Don't limit yourself to what you hear from your buddies about quads. Heck go to a quad drag race look who is winning all the races ( I know that 450's dominate mx, drags prove who has the most power potential) Yes you can take a little blaster forget about 450's you can make them run with 4mm shee's. Now please disagree with me so i ca n dig up a vid to prove you wrong.

440ex2001
08-25-2007, 08:52 AM
i dont know if i already stated this but my dad has a crazy 390ex, it will beat stock 400exs off the line, and fall short by 1mph on top end, if he had bought all the parts from a dealership, he would probably have a 10,000+ bike. he has never raced a blaster but if a highly modded 390ex can barly beat a 400ex, and a highly modded blaster can match a stock z400, what makes you think a 1200$ blaster can even touch a 400ex? let alone a 450 quad, and ps. a 250r dirt bike weighs 215 pounds and makes around 48-50hp stock, a 450 dirt bike wieghs 218-225 and makes 55 stock. waht makes you think you think you can beat one, not to mention dirt bikes have twice the supension travel up front and make way more torque, the only place you could beat a 250 dirt bike is on a track designed for a blaster with no berms. oh wait, that is the track you raced them on isnt it? dude saying you beat a 450 on a 1200$ blaster and not letting people know this track you raced on is designed for blasters is like saying i smoked a gsxr1000 on my xr70, and not saying it was on a mx track end of story \

BTW you are so far off on your comparisons its ridiculous. What do you consider a highly modded blaster? pipe, carb reeds? lol
390ex? 400ex? z400? Not in the same category of a truly modded blaster.
Educate yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viWhx...elated&search=)

450rJam
08-25-2007, 09:33 AM
440ex2001...............how should I explain this?
this kid will argue about anything and everything
check his posts, its all about online fighting
(I feel a little sorry for him)

but just to diss his 2 stroke fight...............
what are the fastest things on land ????????????
ITS NOT 2 STROKE---------------THEY ARE 4 STROKE
ever seen a 2 stroke top fuel dragster ?

roll that one in mix oil and smoke it.

that being said, I have grown up on 2 stroke dirtbikes and atv's
and totally respect the simple design that makes for so much power and fun, I still have a 2 stroke dirtbike
440ex2001- try to do some good, help someone with a question
or just post some cool videos, let go of the anger and lets ride

440ex2001
08-25-2007, 09:51 AM
haha I'm not angry just trying to get these clams to open up.
BTW the fastest thing on land is not a 4-stroke either. Land speed record was set by a dual turbine jet powered car but thats neither here nor there... oh and i dont smoke;),

honda450rider33
08-25-2007, 10:43 AM
you know there is like 10 people arguing with your retarded statements and you still continue and say we are the ones wrong. that was a good statement about the 390ex and if he has problems with 400's i highly dought that a barley moded blaster will keep up with a 400. and as far as the drag race vs mx. anyone can jump on a dirtbike,quad, etc and go as fast as they can in a straight line but not everyone can jump on a bike and go and jump on an mx track there is way more skill involved in mx than in drag racing. dont get me wrong drag racing is fun but not a whole lot of skill invlolved. take that same banshee or what ever that beat a 450 in a drag race and go race at an mx track and see what happens.;)

440ex2001
08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
:rolleyes: what are you talking about? I've had it you guys cant follow a discussion long enough to make a point. No one is debating the fact that it takes more skill to mx than drag. The debate is what is faster and has more power. LOST CAUSE.

BTW if ten people disagree with me that means I'm wrong? Wow In that case we should still think the world was flat.
Once again I dont care what you doubt. Thank god my world does not depend on what kids do or dont doubt about what I say.
I dont make retarded" statements. I make educated statements. You find them "retarded" because you dont know any better. Now that I have a gauge of the level of intelligence I'm dealing with I think I'm just gonna stop talking about this. ( adults dont use words like "retarded" in mature converstaions.

450rJam
08-25-2007, 11:30 AM
HA HA HA HA

I dont agree with him but the world being flat is funny analogy

440ex2001
08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
funny story about e2s i got banned because i argued to much with people who had NO IDEA what they were talking about that site is a joke and like others said you could make anything fast with the right mods, money, and time
Others didnt say that. I said it so looks like you accidentally agreed with me. that my whole point!

fastR
08-25-2007, 12:47 PM
ok im gunna have to step in on this one, a 2 stroke is lighter, faster reving and will put out more hp, have you ever tried racing a 250ex with a 250r, see what happens, my 310r puts out about 65hp, whit an MX PORT, no not a drag port, a mx port, sure a big bore 450 might make about thatset up for dragging, but a 250r big borewitha drag port will put out more like 85-90hp, also look at a 700cc stroked banshee, next to a drag stroked raptor, the raptor would be lucky to put out 80, the shee will have about 140, so you wanna tell me how a 4 joke is gunna win nad dont say by torque, cuz my R has an ungodly amount of torque

450rJam
08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
i would like to see the dyno showing the "monster torque"
your claiming

just guessing but I would say around 20ish ???
and how long does it hold that peek 65 hp ?
its better to have 55hp for 3000rpms than 65 for 200rpms.

this is a never ending battle but it usually takes double the cc's 4 stroke to equal the 2 stroke, although the technology is improving quick on the thumpers.

I understand both side of the argument
the two stroke is lighter/cheaper and responds great to flow/port improvements and some of the fastest drag atv's are banshee based (although the fastest are hybreds running 4 stroke hayabusa type power plants)

lets ride

blasterfreak99
08-26-2007, 03:28 PM
hey cr977, why is it that a 330ex with a pipe cam 400ex carb porting and some other small stuff will outrun a stock 400ex (that goes back to the statement that honda450rider said. you can make anything go fast with the right mods money and time) but your dads 390ex will barely outrun one? i think your full of it. i think that you are lying to try and rove your point.

but anyways like 450rjam said. lets go ride. this thread has been goin on since june 14. give it a rest