PDA

View Full Version : ? for all you dirt bike riders out there.

tim colston
06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Has anyone put a thumb throttle on a dirt bike before? If you have what did you use and how did you do it. THanks in advance.

Blue250X
06-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I've seen a real old one with a thumb throttle on it. I have no clue what make or model it was though:ermm:

mx428
06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Why would you ever do that?

tim colston
06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Why do you think? Because I like a thumb throttle thats what I am used to. I don't need stupid questions and I don't care about your personal opinion either. I just want to know if any one has done it. Thanks for the useless post mx428

ZeroLogic
06-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Why would you ever do that?

The answer will be never known. Go out and ride a dirt bike for an extended period and you will see why.

Ryan
06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
It would take me months to be able to control a twist throttle like I can a thumb throttle.

My guess, is you could just take the existing dirtbike throttle cable, and just mount an atv thumb throttle. Im not 100% on that, but it seems pretty logical.

whiteboycustom
06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
i own both quad and dirtbike, and its just the different riding position and style that each have that makes the twist and thumb shine on each machine,

and is that your only reason to put it on there is because u like the thumb throttle????

if u like it try it out and give us all a ride report if it was great or sucked balls

i have a twist throttle for my 05 450r that i never put on and i doubt i will

krt400ex
06-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
Why do you think? Because I like a thumb throttle thats what I am used to. I don't need stupid questions and I don't care about your personal opinion either. I just want to know if any one has done it. Thanks for the useless post mx428

i would do the same thing, its like why would a past dirtbike rider put a twist on a quad. yea, it can be done my buddies friend did it. idk how he did it though.

06-14-2007, 05:08 PM

i agree with mx428 twist throttle give a dirtbike that excitement and i think quads are ment to have thumb throttles and bikes twist throttles its just how god made it to be:D

mx428
06-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Why do you think? Because I like a thumb throttle thats what I am used to. I don't need stupid questions and I don't care about your personal opinion either. I just want to know if any one has done it. Thanks for the useless post mx428 What can I say, I'm making exriders.com better 1 post at a time.

ZSK
06-14-2007, 05:24 PM
You just need a thumb throttle housing and lever, and a different cable. It just depends on the style of the end on the cable. I really don't like twist throttles but it's much easier to ride a twist on a bike than a quad.

CRich[814]
06-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by mx428
What can I say, I'm making exriders.com better 1 post at a time.

dirtbike riders are such smartasses.

but yes, its possible. i've seen it done on a 50, and someone on here did it with a ktm. but i personally think its a horrible idear.

chris46250r
06-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Tim, I dont think its odd to do that. I dont mind either or but once while I had a wrist injury (bull riding, dont even ask) I did have to go back to a thumb on my 250r for comfort reasons. I have had a CR and a KX twist on a 250r before so I dont think it would be that big of a deal to put a thumb on a bike. I think Motion Pro will make up any kind of cable you ask for.

07250ex
06-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
quads are ment to have thumb throttles and bikes twist throttles its just how god made it to be:D

you my friend are awesome lol:devil:

ZeroLogic
06-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]

but yes, its possible. i've seen it done on a 50, and someone on here did it with a ktm. but i personally think its a horrible idear.

And others are just complete morons.:o :rolleyes:

97blaster200
06-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]

hello sir...i believe it is your day to get yourself hit by a bus.