PDA

View Full Version : Good price for a 07' 250ex otd

z400rida44
06-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I was quoted at the dealership 3340 otd for a new 07 250ex. is this a fair price? any help would be appreciated as we are looking at purchasing asap.

tedwilley
06-14-2007, 02:42 PM
That's $450 less than I paid on the West coast, and $250 less than the lowest price I have seen since.
I do not know about prices in your area, but it sounds pretty good to me. Guess they want to make room for the '08, which has not changed other than the availability of white plastics on the new models.
Unsolicited advice follows....
I don't know what your intended use or who will be riding it. If you are an average adult or larger young person and you ride (will eventually) aggressively, think long and hard about the what others have posted on this forum regarding 'out growing' the 250ex soon after purchase.
For what it is, I love it. I bought with the intention of giving it to my 13 y.o. as soon as I can afford buy a larger second quad.
The suspension is rough, however, compared to the (even slightly) larger quads. Just food for thought.
It does everything well, except for the ride, and is very durable.
More unsolicited advice...
Wear protection everytime you ride, it's cheap insurance, and could save you life, i.e. mx boots, helmet, googles, gloves, and one of the different types of chest protection. Jerseys and pants will last better than 'street clothes', but they are absolutely necessary.
Have Fun!

honda450rider33
06-15-2007, 03:26 PM
like he said if you are a larger rider or older rider i would keep looking they are good reliable machines but for the bigger rider they are small, also ALWAYS where protective clothing/gear i just got out of a leg cast because i was not wearing MX boots and i paid for it, the worse thing about it is i had them but did not like the way they felt they were uncomfortable but i tell you what those boots were more comfortable than the hard cast for 3months and surgery. i have taken a few nasty spills and without a helmet and jeans and a long sleeve sweatshirt i would have been screwed

elmer91
06-16-2007, 08:06 AM
according to honda's website, the MSRP is $3,799. the cheapest place i know of for getting a new honda is Southern Powersports down in Chattanooga, TN. they list it for $3,333. So that price sounds good to me.

z400rida44
06-16-2007, 08:53 PM
this wont be for me, i have my yfz. it will be for my little brother who is 11 years old, 5'4'' and around 100 lbs.

z400rida44
06-16-2007, 08:55 PM
o and dont worry we always wear our gear when we ride!:)

tedwilley
06-16-2007, 09:22 PM
It should be perfect for him. My 13 yo loves ours.
Glad to hear you wear protection.
I sound anal about it because out here on the left coast about half of the quad riders wear helmet, boots, and t-shirts and shorts.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

m.h.s.c.#527
06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
im surprised your allowed to ride period on the west coast

tedwilley
06-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm sure our Big Brother is working on that....