PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Track Problems

QuadTrix6
10-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Quad Riders in the Ny,Nj,Pa, Long Island area,

I know that we all try and find places to ride and some places have been shut down in the past for different reasons. im posting this because a Long Island AMA track (island motocross in yaphank) is having problems with attendence, they need more people to go. we all know how expensive all the lawyer fees are and insurance fees are. i know that this track is more dirtbike friendy but quads still do ride there, its only one track but its a well groomed track and the jumps are pretty big, you can ask quad041 about it :D i just wanted to spread the word and give these guys a hand because there good people and i would hate to see another track go down the tubes. i also wanted to let you know about the deals that there having, they lowered prices and out of state riders don't need to pay membership fees, and tusedays its only $20.00 to ride to. thanks for your help guys i'm sure they will appreciate it

This is the letter off of there website www.islandmotocross.com

Dear Riders,
I would also like to take this time to remind riders of the importance of keeping a safe and legal track on Long Island. We have been running the motocross on Long Island for 10 years and helped run it prior to this. It is not easy! It wasn't too long ago that Long Island had no track since we lost our lease at Bridgehampton 5 years ago because the landowner decided it was in his best interest to develop the land. During this time we received numerous phone calls asking us when we were going to open our new track. We also heard many horror stories about sting operations and bikes getting impounded, riders paying to
ride at places that had no permits and then when the town shut these places down for not having permits they lost their money, we also heard many riders saying how exspensive it was to travel to other tracks just to ride for a few hours and fighting traffic all the way home. Prior to this we have leased many other properties in the past because landowners wanted to develop their property or did not want the liability. We knew there was a need for a stable track on Long Island so we tried to get town, county, and state land and after numerous meetings and searching the Island we found out that they did not want
the liability. So, we decided to invest our own money and buy land - we again searched the Island and finally found this land. We then had to get all the necessary permits so that we would not have any problems - this took 4 long years and a lot of money in lawyer fees, engineer fees, and permit & variance fees, etc. Many of you attended the numerous meetings in front of the planning and zoning boards. This was not easy but, we hung in there and we did it! We also went through the exspense of building a track with a complete watering system and groom
the track and make changes constantly including our new bridge and tunnel. Now we have the only legal AMA sanctioned and chartered track that holds races and practices on Long Island but we need more riders in order to keep the track open and to be successful. Unfortunately doing things legal cost money. Please pass the word around that we need more riders to support their home track. Long Island's Home track! Thank you!

thanks for your time

ny300exrider
10-19-2002, 07:51 PM
well im gonna go look at a quad tommorow and am very serious about buying it.(97 300 ex with e-series complete exaust, shredder tire, durablue+4 axle,jet kit ect....) and i live in riverhead.....when my dad gets fully recovered from his surgery(brain tumer) he said he would take me there.....is there an age limit and is there like practice sessions or somthing.....thanks

QuadTrix6
10-19-2002, 08:06 PM
yea it is 16yrs old to ride anything over 90cc, this is due to the ama, all the info is on the site as far as when there open and when they have races..thanks for the support

ny300exrider
10-20-2002, 07:28 AM
oh well, i will forget that idea lol...im only 13. do you ride in any other places on long island? i know of places on the east end but my mom said she saw a cool riding area at the very end of the william flyod parkway...? ever been there? and also i saw trails and a sandy dirt type climb on the side of the l.i.e. by exit 64 or 63 . ok bye lol

10-20-2002, 09:50 AM
well off the LIE people ride off of exit 56 its an industrial area. its pretty good but its been rumored that they have imnpounded there before, if your gonna go go after 4:00pm thats when the workers are done, you will definetly see popel there a lot of people ride there and theres also some trails

QuadTrix6
10-20-2002, 04:39 PM
bump

ny300exrider
10-20-2002, 05:06 PM
yea i went to the track today to check it out....there was 1 quad. it was a 250r with everything , axis shocks lrd pipe and all that stuff. it was red fullbore fenders #888. the track is nice and it looks pretty cool. i wont be ridin it lol but if there are any quad races with more than 1 quad lol post here i might be able to come watch. it is only a 30min drive.

ORW
10-21-2002, 10:14 PM
you guys should hit your local dealerships and sign the www.liorv.org petition, they are fighting to help get atv trailriding in lomg island. visit there site at www.liorv.org.

be ware of these spots mentioned i got my bike impounded at 66 off the lie just north of the yaphank track last june. i used to ride at 56 all the time until i saw 2 cop cars block the parking lot. spread the word about www.liorv.org. or all of us will still continue to get nailed or travel to upstate ny or nj to ride.

QuadTrix6
10-22-2002, 12:53 PM
thx for the info, i ride at 56 every now and then lotta morons ride there and its kinda crappy so i just ride frost and yaphank, do you ride at horseblock farm? is it n e good

suzukidzrider
10-22-2002, 07:20 PM
56 sucks,lots of people there,but, there is also a small spot in 5 towns queens by jfk,small sand pit off rockaway trpyk
i also rode at 68,which is sick lots of trails,
then 52 off commack heartland i believe they call it,havent been there in a little while but,
i mostly ride in queens,nice trails.track where i live
havent hit nj in a while either i love saro.

suzukidzrider
10-22-2002, 07:21 PM
56 sucks,lots of people there,but, there is also a small spot in 5 towns queens by jfk,small sand pit off rockaway trpyk
i also rode at 68,which is sick lots of trails,
then 52 off commack heartland i believe they call it,havent been there in a little while but,
i mostly ride in BLANK ,nice trails.track where i RULE>
havent hit nj in a while either i love saro.went to that yaphank track once,not my thing to ruff on you,better for dirtbikes

ORW
10-22-2002, 10:03 PM
just found out by a source that they will be busting on and in the vicinityu of queens and brooklyn cause people have been riding in the streets or to close to them. i habe been just north of horselblock yapnak track and that is where i got busted with my quad. DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JOIN WWW.liorv.org and sign the petition at your loacal dealership. btw watch your back if you ride at these spots they will do anything to nail you:(

suzukidzrider
10-23-2002, 07:02 PM
bro that will be the day they stop me riding where iam at
people have been riding there since the 60's and will continue to ride
and i agree people should not ride atv's on the street.long island sucks nj sucks basically were screwed for places to ride up east,but i still have to say i will have my spot for as long as i live,maybe 2-3 people ride there,iam riding everyday also,cops or no cops,thanks for the info.:o

suzukidzrider
10-24-2002, 07:50 PM
another great empty only me riding day,,no dt's ether there was even some people by fountain

Mike Steel
04-08-2006, 02:48 PM
The LI track maybe woudnt be going down the drain if they werent trying to make a million dollars instead of helping the recreational activity and riders. All the info they write is true but if it was ran correctly they wouldnt have atendance problems nor money issues. My club had 17 acres of land in Staten Island and we didnt need lawyers and charge huge fees , we all pitched in for the upkeep and the project went so well that the land owner actually sold his property for twice as much as he would have got before he let us use it. The main thing here is that WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP RIDERS YOU DO LIKE WE DID AND DO IT FOR NON-PROFIT anywhere that charges the prices LIOR does should realize that is why nobody comes anymore and there are no Quads because it sucks for quads. Do the right thing and make it into a NON-Profit organization and read up on all the good you can do for the riders and the recreation before you come out here and post a "FLYER" TRYING TO ATTRACT MORE BUISNESS! It shouldnt be a BUISNESS at the scale it is at anyway its just a small chunk of land that is groomed well .

sm450r05
04-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Are we talking about the Yapank track or the Club MX in Ronkonkoma? The one in Ronkonkoma is $1000 to join and seems like it is open The track in Yapank is great, $150 to join and $30 to ride....whats wrong with that? insurance is just keeps going up.

ny300exrider
04-08-2006, 08:58 PM
this thread was made in 2002...