PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong?

blake_mx_racer
06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
i recently had my motor rebuilt and got a wiseco piston, flywheel, and cam installed. I put a pwr oversized radiator on it too. My question is why is it getting hot and causing the radiator fluid to boil and to come out the overflow tube. I ride for a little bit then it will start to smoke out of the overflow tube. Any ideas? thermastat?

whiteboycustom
06-14-2007, 06:27 AM
did it come with any kind of packing in the box it was shipped in that maybe could have got in it and clogged it??? other then that u have bad circulation somewhere cause that thing should stay cool

400exrider707
06-14-2007, 06:27 AM
A few things could cause it, but my guess is since you just put a new radiator on, you probably have air in the system. Take the cap off, start it up and let it warm up, and give it a couple good quick throttle openings. The air should bubble out.

Elduner
06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
I ride in 90+ temps with no radiator fan and I never have over heating problems.

Like mentioned it could be air in the water lines or radiator or could also be a water pump impeller/bearing problem.

desratt
06-15-2007, 07:31 PM
you did put anti freese in it right . 50/50 with water wetter is what I use

I ride in over 100 degree temp with no fan and no thermostat.. but I ride at race pace... no lugging around keep that air flowing over the raidiator. I use the nacs oversized radiator.

blake_mx_racer
06-16-2007, 12:28 PM
haha yea i put anti freeze in it when i put it on. i have to add some all the time cuz its blows out of the overflow tube. its starting to piss me off :mad:

chris450R
06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
yeah, just do like said above. take the cap off and start it and let it warm up and rev it a few times should pull out any air in the system and get you better circulation. also, it if that doesn't help, it could be a bad thermostat, i had mine go out and it started boiling the coolant too. but i still run stock radiatior with fan and don't have any issues other than that one time.

Rulz
06-18-2007, 07:45 PM
If your trying to fill the radiator completely full, it will always puke out some as it expands when it gets hot, that's normal.

desratt
06-19-2007, 07:46 PM
should go in and out of the expansion chamber( overflow tank)