PDA

View Full Version : atc and trx differences

the glassman
06-13-2007, 10:28 PM
I threw a chain today and it took out my case at the clutch arm.:ermm:

Will an atc case interchange.
and is it a pain to swap out the case side.

What are the differences between the trx and the atc motors:)

racerx573
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
'85/'86 ATC engines are practically the same as the '86 TRX ones. Cases are all interchangeable. Not tough to do at all if you have any mechanical inclination, the right tools, and a manual.

the glassman
06-13-2007, 11:20 PM
wooohooooo good to know i was pissed when i saw the damage.
:(

thanks ........eddie

86 Quad R
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
what he said.....

are/were you running a case saver?

blasterandy
06-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Doesn't sound like it. Hence case saver :D.JK I would suggest you get one(if you don't already have one) there cheap and will save you a but load on chain breaks. Thats just a chain(i would change the sprockets too never know y it broke.)

the glassman
06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
nope no case saver:ermm:
case saver,O-ring chain,fr/r sprockets are on the way:)

86 Quad R
06-15-2007, 07:07 AM
this may be a little late but, do yourself a favor and run a non oring chain. they dont kink like the orings do. that is, if ya keep them lubed as they should be.

bushwesl
06-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Any other benefits of a non-o-ring chain? I've always thought that the o-ring chains lasted longer and were better, due to the o-rings? If you've got anything else to add it'd be appreciated. Thanks,
WB

the glassman
06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
this may be a little late but, do yourself a favor and run a non oring chain. they dont kink like the orings do. that is, if ya keep them lubed as they should be.

i was allways told that o-ring chains where the best :confused:

86 Quad R
06-16-2007, 07:03 AM
the subject of o-ring versus non o-ring chains has always been as contriversial as top end mixes. there are several threads regarding it but, its been my experience that the o-ring doesnt hold up aswell and costs less than have.

the conditions i ride in are harsh, sandy and wet. over time the o-rings get chewed up and begin to break down and ultimately end up being flung off the chain, giving you lots of lateral slack side to side.

in the beginning the o-ring chain is fairly limber and is free of kinks but after the orings get age, they become hardened and cause kinks.

juss my .02