PDA

View Full Version : carb air box boot

rea
06-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Im doing an r build and just got a airstryker and i wana keep my air box but the boot between the carb and air box doesn't fit the carb aside from heating it up and trying to stretch it has anyone else done this mod differently or know of a better way

bushwesl
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Heating it up and stretching it is the only way that I know of. At least, thats how I did mine...

racerx573
06-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Once it is heated and stretched, and you have had it seated on there a while, it will form to the size of the carb. I have never had trouble with any of mine after doing so.

86 Quad R
06-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
Once it is heated and stretched, and you have had it seated on there a while, it will form to the size of the carb. I have never had trouble with any of mine after doing so.

nor have i..... infact i've stretched them over 39mm carbs before. the heating process also applies in reverse when going back to a smaller carb.

blasterandy
06-16-2007, 07:20 PM
They are made out of rubber so i don't see a problem with heating them. And it must not be since no one has made an attachment so far and i doubt they will. You should prolly use a heat gun, i would guess.
Just my .02
drew

86 Quad R
06-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
You should prolly use a heat gun, i would guess.
Just my .02
drew

it's been my experience that this process creates cool spots and hot spots and isn't consistant. besides. putting them in hot water softens the rubber if the boot has become hard from age.