View Full Version : Anyone own a Goat?

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I really like these cars. I am on LS1GTO checking them out. I will own one someday within the next couple years:D

Mean250r
06-13-2007, 07:21 PM
my friend just got a black one. there pretty sweet. Me nd him are in comptetition i guess you can say. We are both tryin to have faster cars, right now were like even.

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
my friend just got a black one. there pretty sweet. Me nd him are in comptetition i guess you can say. We are both tryin to have faster cars, right now were like even.

I belive the GTO is faster then the Stang;)

06-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh

yea but he said his friend just got the gto so its probably stock whereas he has had his for a while. he probably has a few mods (chip, pipes, etc...)

mx428
06-13-2007, 07:33 PM
My nextdoor neighbors have 2 goats in their backyard (keep in mind I live in a pretty nice neighborhood). I wouldn't mind if you stole those.

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
yea but he said his friend just got the gto so its probably stock whereas he has had his for a while. he probably has a few mods (chip, pipes, etc...)

I didn't know he had the mods. But after seeing my friend drag race his GTO at the strip, I would still have my money on the goat

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by mx428
My nextdoor neighbors have 2 goats in their backyard (keep in mind I live in a pretty nice neighborhood). I wouldn't mind if you stole those.

LMAO wrong goat:p

blasterandy
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
i don't want a goat, i want a minature donkey... oh,you mean the car i c. :D jk

A kid at my school has one (1979 i believe or something that ends in a 9 or may be 7) none the less. My dads co-worker just bought a 06 magnaflow exhaust, 5zigen rims pretty hot. Its silver has one thick dark blue stripe down the right side of the car and a thin dark blue line about 2 inches to the side of that so it kinda looks like this

||

Kickstarts-suck
06-13-2007, 08:09 PM
they get like 9 mpg :eek2:

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck

My friends avreages about 22 MPG.

GM says 16 City 21 HWY. On LS1GTO.com some ppl are getting 25 HIGHWAY!:eek2:

Kickstarts-suck
06-13-2007, 08:13 PM
My friends avreages about 22 MPG.

GM says 16 City 21 HWY. On LS1GTO.com some ppl are getting 25 HIGHWAY!:eek2:

damn really?

I remember hearing when they came out they got 9-12 mpg

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
i don't want a goat, i want a minature donkey... oh,you mean the car i c. :D jk

A kid at my school has one (1979 i believe or something that ends in a 9 or may be 7) none the less. My dads co-worker just bought a 06 magnaflow exhaust, 5zigen rims pretty hot. Its silver has one thick dark blue stripe down the right side of the car and a thin dark blue line about 2 inches to the side of that so it kinda looks like this

||

I want the Silver, black or Orange. I would get blue but everything I own is blue:p

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
damn really?

Nope the new ones gets good mileage. Same as the chargers.

400HP and 20+ MPG...sign me up:D

Mine might get 10MPG though;) :p

blasterandy
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Then you might want to have that checked out by a doctor, he'll prob. presribe you a mild anti-biotic and the pain will go away in 48-72 hours. :D:devil:

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
Then you might want to have that checked out by a doctor, he'll prob. presribe you a mild anti-biotic and the pain will go away in 48-72 hours. :D:devil:

After riding blue I kept getting bad arm pump and the shakes.

I tried using Hondabotic and suzukibiotic but the blue keeps coming back.

:p

parkers30
06-13-2007, 08:20 PM
everyone I know with one is getting 25+

I have a friend with a C6 Z51 package Vette, can you believe it gets 22 cruising at over 100? I didn't either until I saw the numbers.... crazy

NacsMXer
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
damn really?

It's an LS1...LS2 in the newer models but very efficient motors (if you can stay out of the skinny pedal)

underpowered
06-13-2007, 11:24 PM
if you get a goat, go old school. the new ones are cool, but not nearly as cool as an older one.

firefighterjosh
06-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
if you get a goat, go old school. the new ones are cool, but not nearly as cool as an older one.

I dont want all the hassle with a old car. I want something to drive. Old is cool but I would go with a 69 chevelle then. Plus older cars only get 8 MPG

underpowered
06-14-2007, 12:04 AM
I dont want all the hassle with a old car. I want something to drive. Old is cool but I would go with a 69 chevelle then. Plus older cars only get 8 MPG

very true. like said the new ones are cool still. i prefer teh WS6 TA, but a new Goat would be cool. they are pretty quick.

firefighterjosh
06-14-2007, 12:47 AM
TAs are cool. Not sure how fast they are though. My friend has a Orange one and swears it is the fastest thing around:ermm:

My friend all stock goat. His first time with it at the drag strip he was doing 13.4 at 108MPH.

I have heard of all stockers doing high 12s in the 1/4 as well.

Quad18star
06-14-2007, 06:11 AM
We used to own a 1969 GTO a few years back. It was a great car .... had a 400 in it and got decent gas mileage . I would have trusted that car to go coast to coast over a new car any day . We ended up selling it and used the money to help fund our drag car at the time . :p

Ghost-Rider
06-14-2007, 06:59 AM
I dont know...never was real big on them after they redid them and didnt make em anything like the old ones.Says 16/21 mpg

Base MSRP $33,290*before incentives Estimate Payment
Horsepower 400 hp
Seating 4
MPG††† 16/21

* Engine: 400 hp, 400lb-ft torque, 6.0L Gen IV LS2 V8
* Technology: Rear-wheel drive and independent rear suspension
* Transmission: 4L65-E 4-speed automatic transmission (Available manual)
* Sound: 200 watt Blaupunkt Surround Sound entertainment system

whiteboycustom
06-14-2007, 07:08 AM
EHHHH nice car, alot of power, but ive seen them running at the track and on factory tires you cant do much with that, maybe some drag radials or slicks and it will be a performer, alittle bit of work and it will be bad arse, i would love to see it with a supercharger or a turbocharger or maybe some nos and see what kind of numbers it will turn

CHEVYZ
06-14-2007, 07:40 AM

We have the LS1 GTO and it gets great MPG! Right around 30 at its best, actually...but it averages in the mid 20s. Our car seems to run very good and strong for what it is. At one point we were going to trade it in for a newer model, but after test driving it and seeing them in person, I was a bit disappointed. Our car seemed faster with just a couple of bolt-ons and looked better-even the guy trying to sell me the car agreed (funny, eh?). But in any case, it has been a great car...still needs a supercharger, though. :devil:

54warrior
06-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I like the looks of the new G8...

Sorry for the large size.
http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpapers/albums/Pontiac/G8/Pontiac-G8-001.jpg

Mean250r
06-14-2007, 03:54 PM

Yeah they are, a stocker. Do intake and exhaust its a diffrent story :devil: :devil:

I have Flow master catbacks, 18x10.5 in rims/tires. Steeda CAI, and i calibrated it. Soon to have whipple SC, once i sell the YFZ :devil: :devil:

72 chevelle ss
06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Uncle has a '70 he is in the middle of restoring. I don't much like the newer ones.

whiteboycustom
06-14-2007, 03:59 PM
from alot of video's i watched stangs were eating the gto's arse up, streetfire has alot of good vids but the fast gto's that i watched that they were smokin some arse they were modded cars not stock

and mean250r what about headers?? u would be surprised how well they make a difference.....and have u looked at the prochargers???? they are really nice get them to mail u a packet it has alot of good info.....and are u a member at moddedmustang???? im over there but i stay in the fox body section

<-------83 notch 5.0

crazedape
06-14-2007, 09:32 PM
My brother has a black '04. They are nice cars and drive and ride nice. I wish there was more headroom but I lay back in the seat anyway. It will really only hold 4 small people not people over 6'. It comes up in the insurance as a luxury car not a sports car. So that saves some money. I have a mach 1 engine in my mustang with the longtubes and full exhaust with the 6 spd. We stay side by side in the cars. Switch drivers and the cars are still dead even. The GTO will smoke a regular mustang GT. Even the newer ones it will eat up. All stock ones of course. I am a mustang guy and I will still have to admit that they are nice cars. The older vettes don't stand a chance against them either. Base models from what I can tell. They pack a punch and get good gas mileage. The interiors are very nice too. Lots of nice touches in there, I like the digital instrument cluster that is under the regular gauges. Tells you what CD or station you are on and the Speed. Also funny story, you can switch between KMH and MPH with the push of a button. My brother was driving and I looked over to see how fast we were going and he had it on KMH and I was yelling for him to slow down, he doesn't need another ticket. That is a funny trick to pull on people.

Mean250r
06-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by whiteboycustom
from alot of video's i watched stangs were eating the gto's arse up, streetfire has alot of good vids but the fast gto's that i watched that they were smokin some arse they were modded cars not stock

and mean250r what about headers?? u would be surprised how well they make a difference.....and have u looked at the prochargers???? they are really nice get them to mail u a packet it has alot of good info.....and are u a member at moddedmustang???? im over there but i stay in the fox body section

<-------83 notch 5.0

No lol i never heard of that site. Im gunna join in like 5 min. I wanna do headers, but i dont want to make my car loud as a mother, which they do so i heard

firefighterjosh
06-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah they are, a stocker. Do intake and exhaust its a diffrent story :devil: :devil:

I have Flow master catbacks, 18x10.5 in rims/tires. Steeda CAI, and i calibrated it. Soon to have whipple SC, once i sell the YFZ :devil: :devil:

Should be a fast stang....but do the same to the GTO and I still have money on it:D

whiteboycustom
06-16-2007, 09:54 AM
No lol i never heard of that site. Im gunna join in like 5 min. I wanna do headers, but i dont want to make my car loud as a mother, which they do so i heard

it might make it alittle louder but again u get a nice exhaust to counter the added noise the headers put out, i put bbk longtubes(pain inthe arse to put on) and the muffler shop fabbed up his own x-pipe that goes to flowmaster 40 series delta flow mufflers and turned down before teh rear axle, yea mine is loud when u get in the balls of it but again i have it turned down, put it out the back and wont be that bad

and just so u know on my car the headers make from 18 to 25 hp extra thats a nice gain for that simple of a bolt on

crazedape
06-16-2007, 01:49 PM
I got BBK longtubes and the BBk offroad H-pipe and American thunder flowmaster out the back. It is loud, but I like it that way. The engine is a mach 1 so it is a lot louder than the GT.

firefighterjosh
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
:( :( They no longer make the GTO. No 07s. I am going to cry:(