PDA

View Full Version : The wanna be tornado....

Pappy
06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
We were in the garden and were keeping an eye on a building storm off to the north east. When it finally got close, i noticed a big swirl of clouds gathering

Pappy
06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
it had polenty of rotation but not enough energy. as it moved off to the west it showed its downdraft

Pappy
06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
its kind of hard to show the rotation with such a small mass, but it was bigger then i wanted to see...lol

Pappy
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM
the rain was needed, but not all at once

<DRS>GPF
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM
just remember to follow the yellow brick road and watch out for green chicks with flying monkeys..

TWISTED
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM
There's no place like home, there's no place like home......

quads14589
06-13-2007, 06:05 PM
when i was on a cruise heading to mexico about 1/4 mile off of the stern of the boat there was a small funnel cloud and tornado that touched down to the ocean, it was small only laster about 10min but was cool.

Doober
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Thats crazy....We had a funnel cloud go over my house and that was freaky but i still wanna see a tornado

05Z400rdr
06-13-2007, 06:34 PM
wow thats crazy...the last time i was at Breezewood....my dad and i were sitting in the bleachers and about a 15' twister formed and was working its way around the park...and a guy on a dirtbike jumped right thru it on the connecter tabletop....would have been a SWEET picture thats for sure. and then tonight, 15 mins from here, the news said for every1 to find shelter and get in their basements n stuff because of a tornado warning..:eek2:

Landon

Pappy
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
with no tornado damage to shoot, i had to go after godzilla:devil:

Pappy
06-13-2007, 06:48 PM
and all that rain had a pesky shark swin'n round:eek:

Kickstarts-suck
06-13-2007, 07:14 PM
We got a big storm here today and a nader downtown

06-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Last week their was a tornado here in mountain WI. It's all woods up their and where the tornado was all the trees are down for miles and miles in a streight line. Looks crazy. I gess the path the tornado took was the same path it took 20 years ago too :confused: :eek2:

blasterandy
06-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
There's no place like home, there's no place like home......

He lives in Virginia... not Kansas.JK
I just hope im' the tin man. God he's cool. :D

Quad18star
06-14-2007, 06:21 AM
I remember when I was a kid we had a tornado touch down in a town next to us . We had stood out on the front porch and watched the sky ... it had turned green and the clouds were swirling in circles . It had freaked the hell out of me . 10 minutes later everything cleared up and the nice blue sky was back .

Ghost-Rider
06-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
with no tornado damage to shoot, i had to go after godzilla:devil:

LOL,i saw that and laughed,scroll down and get a pesky shark to ! lol

Few years back, sittin in health class,last hour of the day.It looks pitch dark outside and its about 2:10PM so i go to window come back and tell her,woulsnt be surprised if we get a tornado alarm i know this girl well and she starts freakin out.Had to be no more than 10 seconds after i said that the alarm went off.Shes flippin out and stuff wouldnt let go of my arm and god knows how many times she made me promise her we wernt gonna die:rolleyes: .

But i love them but that time was weird the sky went like purple and red was really cool.

06-14-2007, 07:49 AM
may 31st, 1995...my parents have a pic of one of the tornados from that day...there were a total of 31 between PA, new york and ohio. the one that we have the pic of was in pa, it started in ohio and went for a total of 51 miles before it broke up. it was an f5 with winds that topped over 300 mph

from where the pic was taken, we figure it was destroying our home at the time or just across the road about to hit us.

i remember seeing it before it hit. i had enough time to take off my glasses and lay on the living room floor with a couch cushion over my head. went for one hell of a ride that day. it killed one of my best friends and his parents, a neighbor and her 6 or 8 month old son.

across the one road from us was a game bird farm. the owner was out feeding the birds and was hit in the head with a cement block, he was pretty much scalped and i saw his scapl just flopping around still connected at the back. then across the other road at the neighbors farm , the things that did to the animals was freaky...

Robin Hood
06-14-2007, 02:27 PM
ITS GONNA RAIN!