View Full Version : Dale Earnhardt Jr signs with Hendrick

87250rxrider
06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
so, Dale Jr. announced today that he will be joining the Hendrick team for the 2008 season, replacing Kyle Busch.

I personally am not a fan of Jeff Gordon, and never will be, but even so, i'm glad to see Earnhardt go to such a good team. We all know he has the ability to win races, and championships, so now that he's with Hendrick it's looking like a championship might be closer than i expected.

honda8&3
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
X2 CAN'T STAND JOHNSON OR GORDON. But now Jr. may be able to win championships and win races now.

trx400EXtreme
06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
with Jr's driving, and hendrick's cars, he'll definately be able to get a championship.

BlasterRacer26
06-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Im glad Jr. singed with hendrick. Its just crazy to think Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. all on the same team...thats nuts

MO-EX-RIDER
06-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BlasterRacer26
Im glad Jr. singed with hendrick. Its just crazy to think Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. all on the same team...thats nuts

its not nuts......its close to DOMINATION :devil:

honda8&3
06-13-2007, 02:51 PM
^^WORD^^:macho

450raider
06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
^^ 2nd that, i for one like Gordon & Johnson, if you watch racing for well..... racing those two would have to be in your top 10 now that Jr.'s on board that team should be unstoppable. just for the record i dont care much for that cocky larda** tony stewart.

honda8&3
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
^^ 2nd that, i for one like Gordon & Johnson, if you watch racing for well..... racing those two would have to be in your top 10 now that Jr.'s on board that team should be unstoppable. just for the record i dont care much for that cocky larda** tony stewart.

Have to agree with you there. Stewart is a fat ***** hole

bulkdriverlp
06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
well now jr can lower himself to a cry baby now, since he will join the biggest 2 in nascar next year. i think it was a good move to be able to drive better equipment and get more wins thou. whats going to happen to kyle busch? i thought they were happy with him?. i was hoping he would end up going with joe gibbs. oh well, it is what it is.

redlineranger
06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
well now jr can lower himself to a cry baby now, since he will join the biggest 2 in nascar next year. i think it was a good move to be able to drive better equipment and get more wins thou. whats going to happen to kyle busch? i thought they were happy with him?. i was hoping he would end up going with joe gibbs. oh well, it is what it is. ]]

acutually, neither one of them are crybabys... i dont care for neither one, but i dont see how anybody can call those 2 crybabys. hell they dont have nothin to cry about, if gordon aint winning, johnson is. and vice versa.

everyone i've said this to has called me crazy, but i think theresa will try and pick kyle busch up. she's just a dumb ol b*tch with all of Dale Earnhardts money. its a shame. rick hendrick is probably thinking to himself though, they can have him. all he does is tear up good race cars because he's a little prick and doesnt have the patience for a 500 mile race. if he cant lead every lap, he gets all tore up about it. but its whatever, where ever he goes, he'll still be a prick. he'd fit right in with tony stewart as a team mate. they could call it a**holes united.

but anyways like i said earlier, i dont care for gordon or johnson, but give them there due, there the best drivers in the sport right now. let Dale JR get his feet on the ground with a new team, and him, mears, gordon, and johnson will be even more unstoppable.

mxdad
06-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Now the truth will come out. Jr is just an average racer and when he gets the best equipment in the sport and still can't win a championship it will prove that he is just a chump that is riding his daddy's name all the away to the bank. Sr was the best ever in my opinion but Jr is a joke!!! I think the future will show that Hendrick made a huge mistake by giving up Busch. He won concsecutive rookie of the year awards in the Busch and then the Nextel series, was the youngest Nextel winner ever, and will be a great racer as time goes on. I'll admit he is a bit immature at times but truthfully he just turned 22 in May. I bet all of us were still a bit immature and hot headed at 21/22 yrs old? Time will tell and I can't wait!!!

RANK +/- DRIVER POINTS BEHIND
1 -- Jeff Gordon 2249 Leader
2 +1 Matt Kenseth 2007 -242
3 +1 Denny Hamlin 2002 -247
4 -2 Jimmie Johnson 1944 -305
5 -- Jeff Burton 1828 -421
6 +1 Tony Stewart 1733 -516
7 -1 Carl Edwards 1710 -539
8 -- Clint Bowyer 1659 -590
9 -- Kevin Harvick 1648 -601
10 -- Kyle Busch 1613 -636
11 +1 Martin Truex Jr. 1597 -652
12 -1 Mark Martin 1586 -663
CUT OFF FOR THE CHASE
13 +2 Ryan Newman 1564 -685
14 -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. 1531 -718
15 -2 Jamie McMurray 1487 -762

bradley300
06-14-2007, 08:05 AM
it was a good move for him. i think JR is better than he is showing, he has won 17 races. but like jr said, once he is in a hendrick car, he wont have any mre excuses.

i'm kind of suprised to see the guys that dont like tony stewart, he is kind of a hot head sometimes, ut like the busch incident, he was just dishing out what busch deserved. he also gives millions to charity and countless hours of his time when he dosent have to do anything. he'd be one of my favorites if he didnt qualify a race

kyle busch was up for a extension and got a bunch of offers, so hendick let him go so they could get jr. you guys got to remeber, busch may be faster than jr, but how many t-shirts can he sell? its not all about on track performance!

chris46250r
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
For those of you that thinks Jr is just "riding his daddy's name", what other choice did he have? If your dad was Dale Sr what would you do, mow lawns? Jr has alot of expectations to fill because of Sr. and I think he is doing what has to be done to accomplish that. I dont really like Gordon or Johnson but thats the fun part of the whole thing, cheer for who you like and boo the others. I like Tony Stewart also, I dont mind him being an smart ***** sometimes, I am. How boring would Nascar be if everybody said please and thank you?

bigz-71
06-14-2007, 08:56 AM
i am a huge JR. fan and i was a Huge SR. fan as well. I know alot of you do not like Gordon or Johnson but they both are great drivers. this sport would not be where it is today if it was not for all the good drivers that have come about. The drama is what we all like every Sunday or Saturday night. We all like to see who going to get out and throw their helmet or call someone a ugly name. And then we go to the internet moday morning to see how much someone is going to get fined for their behavior at the track. Nascar is a Great sport and it is because of all the drivers that has made Nascar, NASCAR. I am excited to see JR get with a good team and hopefully next year he will be the one winning a bunch of races next year and hopefully a chance to win a nextel cup championship.

ThePhantomRider
06-14-2007, 11:21 AM
LOL, I love NASCAR loyalty....having a family who has been in auto racing for 30 years, including NASCAR, Indycar, Champ Car, IMSA, NHRA, etc, it still cracks me up when people don't like someone and call them a whiner, whatever just to validate their dislike.

Bottom line is, the old school NASCAR fan and some of their children can't stand the thought of articulate, non southern drivers winning their precious prize.

I would have to say that if any of you put up with the kind of chit Jeff Gordon and Johnson put up with, 99% of you would crack or quit. Hell, Gordon breaks Sr's record, honors him and get's pelted with beer cans. That's classy and all Gordon does is shrug it off. The fact they don't get rattled too often also ticks fans off...if he complains he's a whiner, if he doesn't he has no passion...focking make up your minds you bunch of women!!

Face facts, all racers will have those days where they b!tch about somthing, it's their livelihood, and their lives at stake....sometimes the biggest problem in sports are the fans themselves.

Here's the most telling question, if Jeff Gordon was a mid pack racer and never won a race, would you hate him as much? You probably wouldn't even notice him enough to care. So the real reason for hatred is that he can win, has won and will continue to win!! Same with JJ.......

TPR

<DRS>GPF
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
Now the truth will come out. Jr is just an average racer and when he gets the best equipment in the sport and still can't win a championship it will prove that he is just a chump that is riding his daddy's name all the away to the bank.

agreed..

im surrounded by earnhart and e'jr fanboys that just cant see the forest for all the damn trees in the way.. i have a cousin who hasnt spoken to me since gordon first won at indy.. sad huh.
good riddance to bad sportsmanship "is all i have to say about that.."

so... what happens in a year or two when he still cant get up front in a race?
after all, skill isnt genetic

06-14-2007, 12:01 PM
i look at it this way, jr went to the team that is the best at bending the rules to get the most out of their cars...

i feel that hendricks gets a little leeway when it comes to rule bending. they cannot dominate like they have been this year and be 100% true to the rules and this is why i do not like that team. i could easily be a jj fan if he drove for a different team...but he don't so...

i liked brian vickers, i am glad he left them, but i wish he could have done better in his yotas this year.

shrub just needs to go...he is dangerous...he takes chance he don't need to and he was not ready for the cup yet...his maturity level is way too low...

chris46250r
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i look at it this way, jr went to the team that is the best at bending the rules to get the most out of their cars...

i feel that hendricks gets a little leeway when it comes to rule bending. they cannot dominate like they have been this year and be 100% true to the rules and this is why i do not like that team. i could easily be a jj fan if he drove for a different team...but he don't so...

i liked brian vickers, i am glad he left them, but i wish he could have done better in his yotas this year.

shrub just needs to go...he is dangerous...he takes chance he don't need to and he was not ready for the cup yet...his maturity level is way too low...

Common perspection of an uneducated spectator.

06-14-2007, 12:17 PM
explain to me how i am uneducated?

all teams bend the rules, it is just who bends them more and if they get caught doing it...or if they get, what the penalty is...if any

i am guessing your reply is because you are rainbow warrior fan...good for you...i can't stand him and not because he wins, but how he wins...he does one thing to make the pass and that is all fine and dandy, but if someone else makes the same move to him, they raced unfair...he does that a lot...

jr made a bad choice here because he will be the number 3 man on the team...he was brought to hendrick for the name, not the skill...they will make their money off of him from his name and not his finishing position on the track...

chris46250r
06-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Actually I'm a Jr fan. I agree that they all bend the rules but I dont think anyone team gets any leeway over another.

87250rxrider
06-14-2007, 10:09 PM
all i have to say is to all of you that think Jr is just an "average driver living off his fathers name," go look at his Bush series results when he raced that series. he has championships there, and has won more races in that series than most drivers.

now that he'll be racing cars capable of winning a championship, my bet is that he will win one.

chris46250r
06-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Exactly

AtvMxRider
06-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
well now jr can lower himself to a cry baby now, since he will join the biggest 2 in nascar next year. i think it was a good move to be able to drive better equipment and get more wins thou. whats going to happen to kyle busch? i thought they were happy with him?. i was hoping he would end up going with joe gibbs. oh well, it is what it is.

Dale sr was the biggest crybaby Nascar has ever seen. Him and Childress both. I am no fan of Gordon or Johnson either.

chris46250r
06-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Dale sr was the biggest crybaby Nascar has ever seen. Him and Childress both. I am no fan of Gordon or Johnson either.

May God have mercy on your retarded soul.

coryatver
06-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Bending the rules is part of racing. Its like that in all types of racing the top guys know how to push the limits of them to get an edge. Just like bill ballances frame

RaptorRacer45
06-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Here we go again:rolleyes:

honda8&3
06-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
May God have mercy on your retarded soul.

lol YEAH!