PDA

View Full Version : I am not sure.....

korniev
06-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Well the buddu of mine has a KTM dirtbike and yes it is all race ready and stuff but, he dumps SOOOOOO much cash into that bike and SOOOOO much time and energy repairing it - OMG!!!!
I had my YFZ for 3 years and I just did a standart maintenance like lubing washing and stuff like that. The dude has replaced probably a half of his bike in like 2 years.
I think KTMs, though having great power in their engines, are very unreliable bikes that need a **** load of maintenance and money to keep them going. Even if the new quad is like 9000k I would never get it cause very soon you will need another 9000k to be dumped into it.
I DO NOT KNOW but from the past KTM experience I would not recommend it!!!

culichi
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
my cousin has a ktm 250 dirtbike and never had a problem, just samll ones and ktm has the best deallers so it gets repaired in seconds

rollie
06-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Does he race? when you race you destroy bikes like nothing, my friend has a KTM too and he works on it no more than his old yami

PlayHard
06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I have a KTM bike and it doesn't require anything more than any other bike or quad.

People assume that it is from europe and it needs more maint. and it just isn't the case.

korniev
06-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes, his KTM especially brakes after races.

maddmatt02
06-13-2007, 11:23 PM
have you ever owned a KTM, or is you past KTM experience just having a buddy with a KTM.

korniev
06-14-2007, 04:38 AM
Well it is my closest friend. We see each other like 5-6 times a week. He has two KTM dirtbikes 125 and 250. He serioulsy dumped sooooo much cash and effort into them that I think I would never switch to KTM from Yamaha.
It sucks!

Nahum
06-14-2007, 04:42 AM
Take the Outlaw 525:
Every 90 hours of operation Polaris/KTM suggests a complete engine overhaul.
I canīt afford this ...

bwamos
06-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Nahum
Take the Outlaw 525:
Every 90 hours of operation Polaris/KTM suggests a complete engine overhaul.
I canīt afford this ...

That's standard reccomendations for any of the 450's. Some even suggest a top end rebuild every 20hours or so.

In reality.. if you dont race.. you'll be fine just doing periodic checkups with winter maintenance.

culichi
06-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by rollie
Does he race? when you race you destroy bikes like nothing, my friend has a KTM too and he works on it no more than his old yami

yup he races hes the number 1 in enduro races in his category on mexico and hes even sponsored by renthal and akrapovic and he stopped racing mx because he fell and when he was standing up another bike hitted him in the head so his dad wont let him race mx again

One_Bad_400
06-15-2007, 11:58 AM
like -OMG!!!!

oh well... if you ride the damn thing like its posed to be riddin you have to work on it... if you dont wana work on it then go play X-Box or something.... just my 2 cents

Ghost-Rider
06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by korniev
Well the buddu of mine has a KTM dirtbike and yes it is all race ready and stuff but, he dumps SOOOOOO much cash into that bike and SOOOOO much time and energy repairing it - OMG!!!!
I had my YFZ for 3 years and I just did a standart maintenance like lubing washing and stuff like that. The dude has replaced probably a half of his bike in like 2 years.
I think KTMs, though having great power in their engines, are very unreliable bikes that need a **** load of maintenance and money to keep them going. Even if the new quad is like 9000k I would never get it cause very soon you will need another 9000k to be dumped into it.
I DO NOT KNOW but from the past KTM experience I would not recommend it!!!

Are the bikes in russia the same as here in the U.S. ?

SlOoT
06-17-2007, 11:58 AM
I have a quad with a KTM 625cc 4-stroke engine. I have raced it for over 3 years now and no problems with the engine. :p

bbrad mulvey
06-18-2007, 11:35 PM
well honda recomends replaceing the timing chain in the 450s every 12-15 hours, how many of you do that, or even KNEW that! So to me... 95 hours is damn good!

Scro
06-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by SlOoT
I have a quad with a KTM 625cc 4-stroke engine. I have raced it for over 3 years now and no problems with the engine. :p

I gotta see pics of that!!