PDA

View Full Version : is the price right?

tp300ex
06-12-2007, 09:16 PM
im about to sell my 05 400ex and need some price help...BUT it has a couple problems
1. front brakes not working.
2. wont start in gear.

it has alot of extras tho...
ITP baja rims, full HMF exhaust, nerfs, works shocks, renthal bars, trail tech lights, k&k graphics, mair hood, extra silver mair plastics, ITP tires, K&N air filter or a UNI,new axle carier, and a couple other things.....

here in Louisiana things are kinda high priced...kelly blue book says 3,800 but since i got thos TWO big problems idk how much to sell it for does 3,500 sound good?

also should i do anything befor trying to sell it? im not going to fix the brakes or the starting problem cuzz i dont want to waist money on it

BasSTiD
06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
i don't think you will get that much, but i could very well be wrong. I would part it out tho and sell it as stock. You'd probably get more $

miller821
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Ask yourself if that's how much you would pay for the quad. If what you say is around their then thats fine. But if not then lower it.

TYayo420
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
id take that HMF and silver plastics if you part it out, just imagine how fast ud move it if you part it out, im offering already and its not even in the parts category yet

400eXr1d3rZ
06-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I suggest you fix the brakes and fix the no-starting in gear problem...Did you get a new clutch perch and lever?

svahle
06-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Both problems (brakes and starting in gear) are easily fixed. I feel like most people don't want to buy a quad and have to do work to it.

What is wrong with the front brakes? Give us some more info and I'll bet we can give some advice on fixing the brakes.

As for starting in gear, there is a yellow/green wire that orginally would go to the clutch perch. If you will simply run that wire to ground, it will start in gear (whether the clutch is pulled in or not). Most people will tell you if you switch out the stock clutch perch that you just need to connect the two wires together that went to the stock perch. This works also and is the same as grounding the yellow/green wire.

Unless brake caliper parts or pads are needed, I don't think fixing the issues would cost anything more than your time.

drag93ex
06-13-2007, 08:26 PM
get the brakes and gear issue resolved and 3500 sounds good to me.

tp300ex
06-13-2007, 11:08 PM
got 3 offers today... all turned away but one so im going to fix it

tie1106
06-13-2007, 11:59 PM
yeah, the neutral safety switch needs to be fixed by your clutch perch and how hard can it be to fix the brakes?

call my I'll come over and help ya out bud

tp300ex
06-14-2007, 11:12 AM
the brakes are worse than u think....they got torn up by a pipe

j450rking
06-15-2007, 09:32 PM
not to steal the thread or anything but where dose the yellow green wire come from that gos to the clutch switch?

svahle
06-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by j450rking
not to steal the thread or anything but where dose the yellow green wire come from that gos to the clutch switch?

There is a large plug under the left side of your gas tank. The yellow/green wire can be found there. Just ground that wire and it will start in gear. Remember, if this wire is grounded it will turn over regardless of whether the clutch is pulled in or not. Also, the yellow/green wire is to be distinguished from the green/yellow wire. The wire you are looking for is mostly yellow with green dashes. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

j450rking
06-16-2007, 05:11 AM
what dose the plug look like exactly?

TYayo420
06-16-2007, 07:30 AM
theres 2 wiring harnesess under the lights on the frame, one is green for the lights, one is white for the switches and **** on the wheeler. there is a little black box on the same bar as the white harness female connector is mounted, the yellow green wire is located near them 2 and cn be grounded right under the light area.