PDA

View Full Version : Axis shock hitting swingarm

Scro
06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I just recieved my Axis shock straight from Axis with the GT Thunder XC link. I bolted the shock onto the top mount, and before the shock can reach the bottom mount on the link, it hits the cross member on the swingarm. The swing arm is a Lonestar, with the straight bar that runs in front of the swingarm mounts.

I seen this happen before to a guy on here. I searched but couldn't find thread. Anybody know what the problem could be?

DJJ450r
06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Mine did the same thing, all I did was grind a bit of the linkage

4bidden
06-12-2007, 10:18 PM
If you twist the spring will it work?

Or are you saying the lower clevis on the shock can't bolt to the linkage?

Scro
06-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Devon, not sure what you mean by grinding the linkage.

I tried rotating the spring, but it's still hitting. The clevis fits the linkage but before the clevis will reach the hole, the spring hits the cross member.

I'll have a chance to call Axis today.

Here is a crude drawing. The black dot is the cross member and the hollow hole is the mount for the shock.

mxrider611
06-13-2007, 09:46 AM
is your linkage on backwards?

Scro
06-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Well that thought crossed my mind, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. The GT link that mounts to the frame and the shock is toward the front of the quad, and the stock dog bone is toward the rear.

duke416ex
06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I have had a gen 1 and 2 gt link, on both of them they install like the stock link. The two closest holes(shock and dogbone) should be towards teh back of the bike. The only linkage I have seen that mounts opposite is the Elka.

Scro
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I emailed Laz, and he said that the Lonestar swingarm crossmember is farther back than the stocker. He told me to either dent in the cross member, or cut a notch in it:ermm:. He said Johnny Gallagher had to do this on his quad.