PDA

View Full Version : who woulda thought.... Gordon and Earnhardt Jr. likely to be teammates

redlineranger
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
what kinda hell is this gonna bring in the nascar world. Dale Earnhardt Jr. is announcing tomorrow at 11 a.m. ET on speed channel his plans for 2008 and beyond.

and, its likely gonna be landing him at Hendrick Motorsports.

i personally love it. he wants to win championships and races, he going to the right damn place to do it. rumors started up yesterday morning, and today, someone in the hendrick organization close to Kyle Busch leaked word of him asking to be realeased from his contract the went to the end of the 2008 season. nascar fans, be ready to see a red Budweiser #5.

full write up at www.nascar.com

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 07:16 PM
imo i hate gordon cause hes just so fing good. JR.'S always my favorite. The deal isn't official yet though. He hasn't announced it yet. I think he should go to RCR IMO

redlineranger
06-12-2007, 07:42 PM
yea it isnt official yet..... but. all the signs lead to it happening....they go to JR to drive for them in Texas after kyle busch left after a wreck. rumors denied any relationship looking to happen in the future. few days after hendrick says he's gonna have to have a talk with kyle busch and that he's gonna have to change his ways or there will be problems. and now kyle busch rumored to have asked his contract to be killed. Budweiser used to be a sponsor for Hendricks. Earnhardt sr drove a few races for hendricks in the busch series back in the day and won. Dale Jr. is friends with all of the drivers besides kyle busch. he wants to win races and championships. im all for JR driving for them. we'll see tomorrow, but with all of these signs, and virtually every reliable nascar analyst and websites reporting there sources say Hendricks, i think it will happen.

if it happens i see Casey Mears moving to the 5 car and JR to the 25. Budweiser used to be the 25 cars sponsors not way to many years ago, and i know they'd gladly go back with Hendricks. gordon and a earnhardt being team mates would be weird, but i really hope to see it. i still dont care for johnson, but mears, jr, gordon, and johnson would be a hell of a team.

maybe im wrong who knows, he might announce he's signing with RCR or Ginn motorsports. but i really hope its Hendrick

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Ya casey is actually cool now after leaving ginassee, but i can not stand Johnson. Not a big fan of gordon but hes a hell of a lot better than johnson.

Budweiser can't leave cuase they are still under contract with DEI, at least that is wat i hear. It'll be very interesting to see though!

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Ya casey cool, but I CAT STAND JIMMIE JOHNSON. He is just annoying. Gordon is 10x better than him even though i dont like him that much either. it'll be interesting though.

BUDWEISER is still under contract with DEI though.

bradley300
06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
buds contract has a option to follow dale jr. the contract its self is technicly with DEI, but with a stipulation that they can leave DEI if dale does.

my geuss is busch will end up w/ DEI.

and i could have sworn it was Kurt Buschs dodge that jr. drove?

cletusEX
06-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
buds contract has a option to follow dale jr. the contract its self is technicly with DEI, but with a stipulation that they can leave DEI if dale does.

my geuss is busch will end up w/ DEI.

and i could have sworn it was Kurt Buschs dodge that jr. drove?

Yep looks like Busch will end up with DEI and Dale will be in the 5 with the Kellogs sponsorship. The Bud sponsorship used to be a really sought after ride but I guess you have to go where you have a chance to win.

tat900
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
JR is one of the most overrated racers in nascar he wants to win good for him but if he thinks jumping ship is goin to do it think again. Im no gordan fan but as a racer i respect him and he flat out drives the wheels off of anything. Jr rode his daddy coat tails for too long and when he doesnt start producing wins he wont stay long. If anyone deserves a chance its robbie gordon . Heck truex won with his eqiupment and dale is using same cars. I respect them all but nascar is too political and in a few year will be nothing more than iroc .

redlineranger
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
yea Budweiser and Theresa B*tch Earnhardt, have agreed that they go where ever JR goes. yea i was just thinking that lil POS b*stard kyle busch, will go to DEI and make it even more crap tastic. they can have him. all he does is be big shot hot head, and wreck his race car for pushin to early in the race. a real loser he is.

and honda8&3, the texas race at april, kyle busch plows earnhardt who would of had the winning car him self that day, and then JR is nice enough to drive buschs' car at the end of the race when busch wrecked again and got all pissed and left because thats just the lil b*tch that he is.

it was funny to cus dale jr said the only reason i did it is because a friend of mine on his crew asked me to. if he woulda asked me i woulda told him to kiss my a**

im gonna have my radio on at work tomorrow. im ready for the press conference

firefighterjosh
06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Geezzz Gordon is turning earnhart gay:(

armoks
06-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
what kinda hell is this gonna bring in the nascar world. Dale Earnhardt Jr. is announcing tomorrow at 11 a.m. ET on speed channel his plans for 2008 and beyond.

and, its likely gonna be landing him at Hendrick Motorsports.

i personally love it. he wants to win championships and races, he going to the right damn place to do it. rumors started up yesterday morning, and today, someone in the hendrick organization close to Kyle Busch leaked word of him asking to be realeased from his contract the went to the end of the 2008 season. nascar fans, be ready to see a red Budweiser #5.

full write up at www.nascar.com

I can see 100,000 redneck's heads exploding at 11:00 am if this happens:eek2: It'll be like Clayton Bigsby taking off his hood on the Chapell Show!!!!

YFZ450Ridr
06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by armoks
I can see 100,000 redneck's heads exploding at 11:00 am if this happens:eek2: It'll be like Clayton Bigsby taking off his hood on the Chapell Show!!!!

funny thing, im watching that episode on comedy central right now! thought that was hilarious when i read that :p

honda8&3
06-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Teresa i think is a *****

Hornbreaker
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
It's Offical Jr is racing for Hendricks motors. Bud & number to be discuse at a future date. Now maybe Jr & cry baby Gordon will play nice together.

<DRS>GPF
06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by armoks

LOL!

ive been bustin' my "circle track" buddies about this since the rumors started a few weeks back..

so far, my best lines are "good, he could use a few pointers from a winner.." or "good, he could use the help since skill isnt genetic.."

needless to say, they werent laughing..

but it goes to show, money can make anything happen..

NPelletier
06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
this is crazy, i hate gordon and jimmie and now one of my favorite drivers are partners:huh

honda8&3
06-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Yep Jr's gonna drive Kyle Busches #5 Chevrolet next year. I think its pretty good since now he'll have a better chance to win championships, but I still hate Johnson. Gordon isn't my favorite either but Jr is better off there then with his bitsh mom.