PDA

View Full Version : Craptor 250 "/

blasterandy
06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
There joking right. Why, with the money they spent to develop that peice of **** they should have put a better efi system on the 450 than they put on the ltr then they would have a hit. Or hell just go nuts first and put the Banshee 500 on the market(I would rather have the old banshee back) I have to say I am disapointed at yamaha's 08 quads. May be honda will bring the 450r in to the lime light and not the ute. quads this time.
So :)
Honda its your chance to shine yamaha, had a brain fart and nows your chance to take a foothold on the sport quad market.

TGW_400ex
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Search button noob!;)

RaptorRacer45
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Hondas Crap didnt bring any suprises either so there goes that idea for ya:rolleyes: (sorry im bashing Honda but he started it, this will just become another Honda vs Yamaha thread in no time i see it now)

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
ya i hate when this happens. It's all opinion Honda vs Yamaha and all the other mfgs. Ill always like honda but i dont have a problem with any other MAJOR mfg. It's all pretty much how u ride it not wat u ride!:D

RaptorRacer45
06-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Yep i choose Yamaha over others but could never give enough unbiased info on why 1 MFG is better than another

07250ex
06-12-2007, 07:51 PM
uhhm blasterandy i dunno if u went into a time freeze or something but hondas 08's are out and the 450r has less revisions then the yfz does(yfz's shocks were revised)

Robin Hood
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Why hate the Raptor250? Now honda's 250EX has a Yami counterpart. If you want to b33tch and moan, call up your honda dealer and ask them why they didn't release a state of the art, EFI, race ready 250 with all the bells and whistles.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM
I don't see any Banshee 500's, what are you smoking?

YFZ450Ridr
06-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by blasterandy
There joking right. Why, with the money they spent to develop that peice of **** they should have put a better efi system on the 450 than they put on the ltr then they would have a hit. Or hell just go nuts first and put the Banshee 500 on the market(I would rather have the old banshee back) I have to say I am disapointed at yamaha's 08 quads. May be honda will bring the 450r in to the lime light and not the ute. quads this time.
So :)
Honda its your chance to shine yamaha, had a brain fart and nows your chance to take a foothold on the sport quad market.

deffently the hondas are out and bold new graphics are the hot items this year! why a banshee 500? they have a big bore 4 stroke, and 2 strokes in quads are no more. yamaha had no brain fart, they put out damn good competition for the 250ex and z250. in my opinion honda has had a 'brain fart' for years not putting out a 650r or somthing of that sort for competiton for the raptor. the 450r and yfz450 run great and can compete with the fuel injected quads perfectly, which is why they werent upgraded!

Mxjunkie
06-13-2007, 05:22 AM
I dont see why everyone is jumping up and down, read the entire spec list and such, it seems like everyone just opens the page and makes a mad dash to look at the pictures.. So what if it's not a 250f motor, buy one and put a 250f motor in it.

Also why do they have to make so many changes to the quad's to make everyone happy? If it worked in years past why change what works? Everyone want's pure race bred quads but they dont even use their 250ex to it's limitations :scary:

bradley300
06-13-2007, 06:31 AM
not everything that comes out is a race quad. i was really hoping for a 250f quad also, but this one fills a void and seems pretty similar to a 300ex dimensions wise, but much lighter. seems to me they shaved 50 pounds off a 300ex, its got to be decent. you guys are just looking at it all wrong.

ZSK
06-13-2007, 06:36 AM
I am quite impressed with the Raptor 250 and will probably be buying one in the next few years. It's a replacement to the Blaster plain and simple. A small lightweight four-stroke that would be great to learn to ride on. Even previously owning a 300ex, I'd probably take the new Raptor over a 300.

blasterandy
06-13-2007, 06:50 AM
The banshee 500 thing was a joke, more for my enjoyment of saying it. And at the point and time i posted this i haddent looked at hondas website. I am more of a yamaha fan than honda, however I have never understood the raptor, I guess it has its place but the 250 in my opinion was an unneeded advancement in yamahas line up. Anyways, I can see where this is going as well so I just say lets end it. And stop arguing. I was just stating my view.

And YFZ450Ridr I can see your point, I guess it was for more competetion purposes, and in truth i would rather have that than honda 250ex. (Semi-sport clutch, over real man clutch) :D
Drew

ThePhantomRider
06-13-2007, 09:55 AM
What Yamaha is thinking is 2 fold. 1 They developed the Raptor 250 to fill a certian market segment, which should equate to good sales....new quad replacing the Blaster (I know most wanted the 250f)

They could view this as a model that will sell more units and generate more profit than a revised or redesigned YFZ. Let's be serious, not everyone will go buy a new YFZ as they likely have a current YFZ or other 450, so while sales will rise, it wouldn't be the same as the booming youth/teen atv segment.

This will also give Yamaha a year to tinker with the efi on the dirt bike, and make substantial enough upgrades to compete with the steps up that Can-Am, KTM and even Kawasaki have made.

Next year will be the evolution of Yamaha and Honda, with Suzuki to follow with major changes a year or two after that.

TPR

GE4x4
06-13-2007, 04:54 PM
IMHO, this is made for beginners. Anybody with experience won't want it due to the low power. I think they should of put the clutch like the Honda in. As this would make it a lot less intimadated to the beginners, but also get them used to clutching. But if your buyng a sport quad and want to race, why would you buy this 250? If it's for rec and trail riding, the Honda would be better with shaft and a sport clutch. IMHO.

trx450jason
06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I have to say if I was 10 again and looking for a 250 there is a good chance I would pick the raptor 250. Looks like a nice beginer bike from the pictures.

06-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by trx450jason
I have to say if I was 10 again and looking for a 250 there is a good chance I would pick the raptor 250. Looks like a nice beginer bike from the pictures.

Same here. It makes me wish I was like 12 again so I could get one.