PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins for DRR yet?

thedeatons
06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Has anyone taken a 50/70/90 to Ohlins in So Cal so they can get shocks going for it? Les at Extreme Mini Quads mentioned that he was interested, but I never heard anything more. I ride Cannondale quads and streetbikes, and have always been a huge fan of Ohlins. Don't really care as much for Elkas, just a brand preference.... So, has anyone done it or live nearby to drop one off?

thedeatons
11-06-2007, 08:19 AM
So, any word yet about Ohlins, or how about Fox??

Nichols Atvs
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
fox is

thedeatons
11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
specificall for the DRR! That's great! Is that on their site? Will they work for my 41" wide 2007 model?

sldhd700
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I took Shaydens bike to ZBROZ Racing last night. They are starting on shocks(ARS-FX) for the DRR this week and should have something ready to market soon. Shaydenis way excited to be working with Ryan Zollinger on these. Deatons I saw your post to Quad Junkies welcome to the west. There will be races here in Utah next summer. USRA will be running mini classes(raceusra.com)

Shayden Housley #39

thedeatons
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Awesome..! Alert us as to the shock progress...

bulldogfallon
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Fow will have a 2 versions of shocks

1 for LT for the DC Motorsports set up
1 for recreational racing ST (3 shocks in a pkg)

Look for availability around Thanksgiving hopefully

dericsdad
12-01-2007, 09:03 PM
any word on the Fox shocks? Prices?

sldhd700
12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Latest update on Shaydens bike. I talked with Ryan and simply stated the stock suspension is a mess. The front shocks bottom when the frame is two inches below the front tires. The rear suspension bottoms to soon not allowing full travel of the swing arm. We are in the process of designing a different rear swing arm with the shock mount in a different position to allow enough travel to match the front travel which won t bottom in the dirt. I ll know more next week. We re trying to have everything back together for the WORCS in Mesquite.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by sldhd700
Latest update on Shaydens bike. I talked with Ryan and simply stated the stock suspension is a mess. The front shocks bottom when the frame is two inches below the front tires. The rear suspension bottoms to soon not allowing full travel of the swing arm. We are in the process of designing a different rear swing arm with the shock mount in a different position to allow enough travel to match the front travel which won t bottom in the dirt. I ll know more next week. We re trying to have everything back together for the WORCS in Mesquite.

Shayden Housley #39

The travel they are shooting for on the set up is going to be sweet !
:cool:
Are you going to run the whole WORCS series this year?

sldhd700
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I think it will be a pretty sweet suspension when they are done. I knew Shayden was scrubbing the frame when he jumped and in the whoops. I guess this would just smooth things out a little before it drove his feet into the ground. Ouch! I am kinda wondering if this might be part of the frame breaking issue we see with some of these little quads. QJ have you talked to ZBROZ. They have some other ideas in the works. Just alittle cat in the bag thing again.

We are going to be at Mesquite for sure. We don t have the sponsorship to run the full series with fuel prices the way they are the traveling gets a little pricey I am looking at taking in a few more though. We were really looking forward to racing at Payette that looked like a fun track, to bad they arent running there this year.

QuadJunkies
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I think it will be a pretty sweet suspension when they are done. I knew Shayden was scrubbing the frame when he jumped and in the whoops. I guess this would just smooth things out a little before it drove his feet into the ground. Ouch! I am kinda wondering if this might be part of the frame breaking issue we see with some of these little quads. QJ have you talked to ZBROZ. They have some other ideas in the works. Just alittle cat in the bag thing again.

We are going to be at Mesquite for sure. We don t have the sponsorship to run the full series with fuel prices the way they are the traveling gets a little pricey I am looking at taking in a few more though. We were really looking forward to racing at Payette that looked like a fun track, to bad they arent running there this year.
I TOTALLY understand the fuel thing.To travel over 11,000 miles in one year racing is ALOT to cover:scary:
Troy has talked to the guys a few times on the new set up,we talked for abit about it at Pismo as well(Zbroz was there )we just got Troys shocks serviced -Troy wants to possibly run a couple races himself this year just for fun if his hands will allow him to.
if it handles anything like Troys does, were going to see kids riding faster and making up some lap times with this set up. :macho Id like to get some shots of my two FAVORITE boys doing a little action shot together on the dirt!
I wish WORCS were coming threw my home town again as well, would have been nice to have at least ONE race here. :(
Milford is the closest at about 8.5 hours .LOL
ya know... Brandon hasnt rode (aside of Kelseys quad)since Pismo round? LOL
Were hoping to get his mini back together soon so he can start traning before it gets REEEALLY cold.
Have you raced Mesquite before? We have never been.We look forward to seeing ya'll again! :)

sldhd700
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
We ve never raced Mesquite before but have watched a lot of practice there. The MX track looks like areal fun track for the kids. Theere is also a gun club(trap, skeet, and sporting clays) right next to it that I visit every time Sherri and I go down there. I don t know if Troy shoots or not but I m going to have to go shoot a couple hundred rounds. I d be glad to have Troy come along if he wants. Its alot of fun.

Shayden Housley#39

QuadJunkies
12-04-2007, 12:22 AM
We ve never raced Mesquite before but have watched a lot of practice there. The MX track looks like areal fun track for the kids. Theere is also a gun club(trap, skeet, and sporting clays) right next to it that I visit every time Sherri and I go down there. I don t know if Troy shoots or not but I m going to have to go shoot a couple hundred rounds. I d be glad to have Troy come along if he wants. Its alot of fun.

Shayden Housley#39

Ill let him know,Im sure he would like that if we can swing the time! :)

CrackerboyLV
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Tina, where have ya been? - missed you at Taft. Mesquite was fun in 2005 but it rained hard. Lots of mud - like Montecello 2006 or Washington this year. They didn't let the kids run the MX in 2005 because they couldn't make it up hill in the mud. here is a link http://www.mesquitemx.com/ . We are so excited to have a race an hour away from Vegas. Are you coming down for the 8 Hour Race?

Back to the subject at hand... Les is very happy with the Fox shocks on Cody's DRR last time I talked to him. He has been running them for a few months (I think they used Cody's quad for the prototype). Give him a call - I'm sure he can set you up...

QuadJunkies
12-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by CrackerboyLV
Tina, where have ya been? - missed you at Taft. Mesquite was fun in 2005 but it rained hard. Lots of mud - like Montecello 2006 or Washington this year. They didn't let the kids run the MX in 2005 because they couldn't make it up hill in the mud. here is a link http://www.mesquitemx.com/ . We are so excited to have a race an hour away from Vegas. Are you coming down for the 8 Hour Race?

Back to the subject at hand... Les is very happy with the Fox shocks on Cody's DRR last time I talked to him. He has been running them for a few months (I think they used Cody's quad for the prototype). Give him a call - I'm sure he can set you up...
Actually,Ive been SICK! I got a doozie too!:( but I did manage to race myself recently-took a 2nd place! Nto bad since I havent raced in two years!:blah:
Kelsey did as well, won the Womens C class against 450!Might have to out her n the Womens class in 2009 on her Hybrid! LOL
Kelsey flew out for Taft, I stayed home and pouted. lol
Ill be out for Round 1,but not the endurance race, I wish I could though!
See you in Jan.!! :)

CrackerboyLV
12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
We'll see you there! If it helps - you can store anything you want at my place in Vegas. (I assume you will be coming to round 2 also.) It might save you a few$$. It is about 1.5 hours from Mesquite and on the way home from Speedworld.

QuadJunkies
12-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by CrackerboyLV
We'll see you there! If it helps - you can store anything you want at my place in Vegas. (I assume you will be coming to round 2 also.) It might save you a few$$. It is about 1.5 hours from Mesquite and on the way home from Speedworld.
WOW..! thats very nice of you to offer! I just might take you up on that!