PDA

View Full Version : Weekend home (where i am most weekends)

tim colston
06-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Along with 25 acres to ride. Hopefully puchasing the 53 acres next to it within the year.

Thanks for looking

tim colston
06-12-2007, 07:46 AM
my dads Bombardier traxter. This thing will go through anything, just not very fast.

tim colston
06-12-2007, 07:49 AM
As some of you know my best friend marcus just recently passed and this is his deer mount. It was the last time he was able to pick up a shotgun. I thought it would be appropriate to hang it as the "head of the house". After 15yrs of hunting together this is the least i could do.

tim colston
06-12-2007, 07:51 AM
And lastly, cutting wood in 85 degree weather to restock the would pile. Doesn't make much sense but we do it anyway. Please don't be sickened by my fatazz.

Quad18star
06-12-2007, 08:06 AM
Awesome looking place that you have there. Nothing like being able to get away from the city life and enjoy the great outdoors ... I try and do it every weekend.

tim colston
06-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Nothing like being able to get away from the city life and enjoy the great outdoors ...

You said a mouthful

biker
06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Tim where at in Southern Ohio is this? nice place!!

mxraptor149
06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Where at in Ohio is that?

tim colston
06-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Outside of Logan ohio.

I am from Brookville, a little city just west of Dayton.

Where in oh are you all from? ^^^^^

ATV Chic
06-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Very beautiful cabin Tim! Wish we had a serene place to runaway to on the weekends like that :p

tim colston
06-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Very beautiful cabin Tim! Wish we had a serene place to runaway to on the weekends like that :p

Thanks I have had a very blessed life.

nosliw
06-12-2007, 09:22 AM
take your camera along and get some pictures of the trails/tracks you have. i'm looking for ideas for my 20 acres

i like that little house.

250r4life
06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
As some of you know my best friend marcus just recently passed and this is his deer mount. It was the last time he was able to pick up a shotgun. I thought it would be appropriate to hang it as the "head of the house". After 15yrs of hunting together this is the least i could do.

he shot the deer with a shotgun? :huh

tim colston
06-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
he shot the deer with a shotgun? :huh

Besides a bow what would he do, throw rocks at it. He actually shot the hole in the wall and we got the deer to stick his head through.

lol

:huh

Doober
06-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Dang i wish i had that place to go to on the weekends.:p I live up north about 30 miles east of toledo.

tim colston
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Doober
Dang i wish i had that place to go to on the weekends.:p I live up north about 30 miles east of toledo.

I went to college @ UT

Go Rockets

gncc025
06-12-2007, 12:46 PM
very nice place. im digging the 8 point, im guessing?

tim colston
06-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by gncc025
very nice place. im digging the 8 point, im guessing?

Thanks and yes an eight point.

400exrider707
06-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Besides a bow what would he do, throw rocks at it. He actually shot the hole in the wall and we got the deer to stick his head through.

lol

hahahaha thats great, I couldn't think of anything witty for a come back because I was so dumbfounded by his question.

There is a shotgun season for deer 250R4life.

Tim-nice place ya got there.... definitely jealous.:chinese:

tim colston
06-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Hell I read and re-read my post looking for a reason why he would ask a question like that. I couldn't find one so smartass mode kicked in. Maybe they hunt with rifles down in AZ. Still an odd question.

Ace Sixx
06-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Hell I read and re-read my post looking for a reason why he would ask a question like that. I couldn't find one so smartass mode kicked in. Maybe they hunt with rifles down in AZ. Still an odd question.

I'd be willing to wager that your friend used a slug round with his shotgun to bag the deer. Perhaps 250r4life thought that he used a round with pellets, which would be most uncommon to say the least.

In western states it is most common to use a high-powered rifle to hunt deer with. I have heard that in eastern states (and I know for a fact in Illinois) that high-powered rifles are not allowed for hunting deer, I'm assuming because of higher population density.

tim colston
06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ace Sixx
I'd be willing to wager that your friend used a slug round with his shotgun to bag the deer. Perhaps 250r4life thought that he used a round with pellets, which would be most uncommon to say the least.

In western states it is most common to use a high-powered rifle to hunt deer with. I have heard that in eastern states (and I know for a fact in Illinois) that high-powered rifles are not allowed for hunting deer, I'm assuming because of higher population density.

prob. right Here in Ohio we aren't allowed to use rifles to hunt deer. ohh and yeah 3"magnum is the way to go.

kwik02gixxer
06-12-2007, 05:42 PM
hey tim is that near wayne? i go there alot i live right outside lancaster we will have to hook up and go ridin some time

tim colston
06-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Def bro. I am near the dorr run trail head off of 33. I am going to be riding all of the 4th of July week and weekend. I need someone local to hang with when I come down.

vett_09
06-13-2007, 07:38 AM

lol

HAHA, I laughed so hard at that.

Southern MI is the same way, you can only use shotguns. You can hunt with rifles in northern michigan, I think you have to be North of highway 10 but I'm not for sure.

400exrider707
06-13-2007, 07:56 AM
In NY we have bow season which opens two weeks before rifle. Then there is rifle season as well as a shotgun season, and then late in the season there is another bow/muzzleloader only I believe, I dont know actually I cant keep up with all the rules and regulations anymore!

tim colston
06-13-2007, 08:04 AM
It would be nice to be able to use a rifle in OHio, but I can see the reasoning why you are not. I have had slugs hit the tree I was sitting in. WE used to hunt all of Mead papers land but it got to over crowded and down right dangerous. I love hunting my private little piece of the world.

z-mann
06-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Looks like a neat place. I havea traxter and it is a tank. Sweet cabin.

Ghost-Rider
06-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by vett_09
HAHA,

Southern MI is the same way, you can only use shotguns. You can hunt with rifles in northern michigan, I think you have to be North of highway 10 but I'm not for sure.

I think the line is near the Grayling area.

Sweet cottage tim.

tim colston
06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
THANKS ALL

06-13-2007, 11:46 AM
swet place, i plan on building something like that in the future!

250r4life
06-13-2007, 11:53 AM
so he shot the wall and the deer ran through it huh?

i've been hunting since i was a boy, and have never heard of anybody shooting deer with a shotgun. i've only ever hunted in AZ and Montana...

I used a 30-30 when i was younger, and use a 270 now...

we only use shotguns for quail and dove, and i guess rabbits occasionally ;)

and no i assumed he would have used a slug, but like i said, i had never heard of anybody hunting dear with a shotgun...

parkers30
06-13-2007, 01:04 PM
shotguns, bows and pistols only in IL

Predator Slim
06-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Ohio has 4 months of bow, a week of shotgun/pistol, two days of youth shotgun/pistol, and 4 days of muzzleloader. Rifles are only good for target and varmint, around here.

I prefer my bow. 4 months of peice and quiet, without a wife in sight or earshot.:D

05Z400rdr
06-13-2007, 05:01 PM
thats a sweet place, Tim! I love it!

Originally posted by 250r4life
i've been hunting since i was a boy, and have never heard of anybody shooting deer with a shotgun.

and no i assumed he would have used a slug, but like i said, i had never heard of anybody hunting dear with a shotgun...

sure sounds like it :huh lol. yeah man, you can easily kill a deer with a slug. here in PA, i hunt deer with a .243 and i also usually pheasant hunt too with one of my uncles hundreds of guns. lol

kwik02gixxer
06-13-2007, 07:41 PM
i was just at door run last weekend im up for ridin anytime hit me up

tim colston
06-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by kwik02gixxer
i was just at door run last weekend im up for ridin anytime hit me up

I put you on my buddy list and I will hit you up in plenty of time. Should be a week or so.

250r4life
06-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr

sure sounds like it :huh lol. yeah man, you can easily kill a deer with a slug. here in PA, i hunt deer with a .243 and i also usually pheasant hunt too with one of my uncles hundreds of guns. lol

i never said you couldnt kill a deer with a slug, i just had never heard of anybody doing it...

we dont even own any handguns, as we just have guns to hunt with- my dad never beleived in handguns...

so dont try and clown on me cuz we do stuff different here out west...

spanky101
06-14-2007, 10:38 PM
haha chill man, he was just messing around. Like said here in the eastern states, especially towards the north, it is what we are forced to use. I know in certain parts of ny you can use rifle and i think parts or all of pa. But here in Ohio you MUST use a shotgun. We use slugs, as i am sure you would have assumed. Definatly a different kinda hunting opposed to rifle hunting. But i am a fan of the bow season, nice long stretch to get in there and get your deer.