PDA

View Full Version : Put on my new/used LRD headpipe.

tim colston
06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
I noticed a small gain in hp and some low in torque. Pretty nice mod for 60$ and some running around. I had to extend it 3" @ the rear of the header to accomodate my LRD slip on. Worked like a charm.

tim colston
06-12-2007, 07:41 AM

tim colston
06-12-2007, 07:42 AM

400exrider707
06-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Looks like your clutch cable is resting on the head pipe, get a new longer one and re-route it. Some guys have said you can bend the bracket that holds it down by the oil lines to make it hold it in another position, but a longer cable is really the only answer. It will melt, then start rubbing the cable on the headpipe, you will notice it will become hard to pull, this is because the rubber is melting and re-hardening constantly. Just a heads up bud. I believe the 300ex one works perfect for routing down the frame tubes. Bike looks good though.

On another note I see you had to lengthen it? I bought an LRD headpipe before and tried putting it on and saw that it was about 3" too short, I ended up selling it but I never understood this.... :confused:

tim colston
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Looks like your clutch cable is resting on the head pipe, get a new longer one and re-route it. Some guys have said you can bend the bracket that holds it down by the oil lines to make it hold it in another position, but a longer cable is really the only answer. It will melt, then start rubbing the cable on the headpipe, you will notice it will become hard to pull, this is because the rubber is melting and re-hardening constantly. Just a heads up bud. I believe the 300ex one works perfect for routing down the frame tubes. Bike looks good though.

On another note I see you had to lengthen it? I bought an LRD headpipe before and tried putting it on and saw that it was about 3" too short, I ended up selling it but I never understood this.... :confused:

I have no fricking idea why it would be too short, the headpipe, it makes me feel better that I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I am wondering if the full system's slip on end is longer or something. Like I said I pieced this system together and i didn't undersand it either. ohh well I tigged it with a piece of 2"i.d. stainless and it seems to be working well. no leaks. I learned my lesson on the cable as well. I did bend that tab that hold the cable line but no luck still got hot. I will start looking for a 300 ex cable hopefully it will last me this weekend. We have a ride coming up sat so I am going to rig it to not burn though and leave me hanging.

ride red 14
06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
how do you like your lrd? I have one that i picked up they system for 200 and love it. it needs to be repacked tho but anyway heres a pic of mine

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/ridered14/101_1375.jpg

tim colston
06-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ride red 14
how do you like your lrd? I have one that i picked up they system for 200 and love it. it needs to be repacked tho but anyway heres a pic of mine

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/ridered14/101_1375.jpg

I love it I wouldn't look for another pipe IMO. It has served me well. It is loud and all but I like it. Where i mainly ride loud isn't an issue.

ride red 14
06-12-2007, 09:48 AM
i love the deep throaty sound

the 300ex cables dont work i got one for my 400 and the end is different.