View Full Version : 02 400ex to 06+ 400ex plastics conversion? what do i need?

EX LONERIDER
06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
sorry, im sure its been covered before but i couldnt find it through the search... must have not been specific enough but aaaanyways..

what all do i need to convert 06+ plastics to my 02 400ex? can i grab a set of front and rear oem fenders and use the stock side pannels that came with the 02? ive heard of a diffrent gas tank???

let me know what you needed to use in order to do this. thanks guys.

EX LONERIDER
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
no one?

coryatver
06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
The rear plastic is exactly the same. The new side panels fit exactly the same just look different they don't have dimples. The front plastic bolts right on and there is a fender stay you need that goes between the 2 pieces. and you need to get an aftermarket hood or if you are putting a headlight in a 04/05 450r headlight and hood works and you have to order all the brakets and stuff and drill 2 holes in the frame to bolt on the brackets. Also you have to take the plug end from your old headlights and wire it on the new one becuase they are different. You also have to find a place to put the key I would order the parts for the reverse holder hole and stick it in there or there will just be a big hole in the plastic.

EX LONERIDER
06-18-2007, 08:26 PM
hey thanks for the reply. im gonna go research all the part prices for em.