PDA

View Full Version : I'm hare scrambled

QuadTrix6
10-19-2002, 01:09 PM
What is a hare scramble ???????? :confused: :confused:

EvilJester400EX
10-19-2002, 02:19 PM
a hare scramble is something like an XC race i believe. racing through different terrains..

Varmit57
10-19-2002, 02:45 PM
Yes a Hare Scramble is what the "two wheelers" call a Cross Contry.
I used to race them on a Yamaha about 20yrs ago.

cjpoole1
10-19-2002, 03:50 PM
same as cross counrty, usually shorter than a GNCC and usually tighter course than GNCC.

QuadTrix6
10-19-2002, 08:12 PM
thanks guys :D

muff
10-23-2002, 06:11 PM
i raced a harescrable this spring and it was a lot of fun, mostly trails but it did have a little bit on a motocross track but they routed us around the jumps and stuff :mad: , it was still a lot of fun, it was like an hour and a half for the first heat and just under an hour for the second, there were a lot of tight woods that my 300ex barely fit through, it was a lot of fun, even though i got a broken finger, bent nerf bar, bent steering stem, and messed up plastic, i'm doing it again next year, it was at central village in CT

Ex'r Marlin
10-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Hare Scramble races are very common out here on the East side of the country. Hare scrambles are usually over natural terrain... Like rocks, stumps, mud, etc., and through natural obstacles... Like roots, trees, water crossings, ect.

Some places have a two hour race (Like GNCC), while others have an hour race. They usually set up riders by their level and their machine, just like the Motocross races do... A class for the pro's/experts, then down the line, B class, and C class if they have one. Then you are put in a class with similar machines... 2 strokes, 4 strokes, Utility, 0 to 200cc class, etc.

Most likely you will see riders running larger diameter tires, and skid plates to get through the terrain.

I hope this helps! Hope to see you out there sometime!:)

jgfarmsracer
10-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Missouri has the 2nd best hare scramble(xc)in the nation (GNCC) is the best www.showmeatvracing.com

Extremeracer167
10-24-2002, 08:43 AM
nooooo they dont!!! They onbly have slow riders like Bryan Baker :blah LOL, but yeah ive heard of ALOT of top guys comin from the missouri series. Actually the Hopps Switchback series puts out a few of the best riders in the country, such as ExtremeRacer167, that kid FLIES!! :rolleyes:

cdalejef
10-24-2002, 10:38 AM
Don't forget about the MidSouth's! Bill Ballance, William Yokley, Brad Page, Rico, Gary White, Jason Lewis, Robin Page, Brandon Ballance, Jeramya Jones (Yes MX guys he races XC too) and a hole slew of fast amatures!

Extremeracer167
10-24-2002, 10:46 AM
comon jeff, those are slow guys.......we were loking for a list of FAST guys. haha

Does bill and them guys race alot of those races. Or do they just train at home and race at the nationals??

cdalejef
10-24-2002, 10:58 AM
Ya, they run them when there are no nationals. Page is the only one signed up for points this year tho.

jja125
10-24-2002, 11:20 AM
hey extremeracer does hopp's have that hare scramble somewhere other than at the racetrack right by the highway? i drove up there a couple of months ago for one of their xc races and it was like a ghost town. i don't get up that way too often but i thought i would check it out while i was up there.