PDA

View Full Version : Clear Coolant Lines

hawk77
06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I decided I was going to fab these up myself with the clear hoses, but does anyone know the inside diameter of the hoses? I searched all over the site, but did not find anything. For anyone that has done this mod, is there anything special I should know other than making sure all connections are super tight and what type of coolant should I run. I really don't care about the color, but I think it looks good.

bushwesl
06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't know about your clear hose mod, but I would recommend running Engine Ice for coolant. Good stuff.

number5
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Fab what? A clear hose? Tygon? or regular clear yard hose? Temp is the problem. Got to find a hose that will handle Temp over 250. Say you get a hose that will handle 200 it will be very soft at 180 and probably split at the clamps.

Scott-300ex
06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Take off the stock hoses and measure it or stick different size bolts in there untill you get the right size, make sure its a little snug.

Engine Ice, all I got in mine though is antifreeze and water 55/45 like the manual says, I think I got engine Ice in my overflow though, its red.

hawk77
06-11-2007, 06:04 PM
obviiously some people here have done it without problems. I will get the highest temp rated hoses I can find and run a high quality coolant. If anyone has done this without spending $100 for the hoses, just let me know what you have used and if it worked or failed. I just have a hard time dropping the $100 for three foot of hose.

bushwesl
06-11-2007, 06:13 PM
My Engine Ice is blue/purplish in color, so I don't know what the red is...

Aceman
06-11-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 3/4" hose. The clear hose I usually see on quads is the kind with the braid in it, looks like a clear garden hose. I don't think those vinyl hoses that are completely clear have a high enough temperature rating.

honda380
06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
i ran clear lines. went to the local hardware and got some 3/4 id (inside diameter) lines. make sure you get the braided stuff so it holds up. now i run a 5/8 id black heater lines just to be safe. with the clear ones, they turned a little cloudy but still looked sweet. only reason i changed them was trail riding and wanted to make sure they would hold up to the heat. just change them about half way through the season to be safe as they will get hard. its only like 10 bucks, so its not an arm and a leg to be safe. hope this helps, Corey
oh and make sure you have good clamps on them too.

Brett250R
06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
if its red then its redline's water wetter. i use it in my car. good stuff

-Brett-