PDA

View Full Version : how to start racing....need help

WB450r
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
whts up guys....how do u really start getting involved in racing....do u jus go to the local tracks around and sign up or wht...i live north of memphis tn about 30 mins......so my final question is how do u get started? wht does it really take to be an atv racer? any info would be great..

THANX

sahlberg
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
hah, i'm in the same boat. I'm not sure where to start. So, hopefully this will help me out too.

WB450r
06-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by sahlberg
hah, i'm in the same boat. I'm not sure where to start. So, hopefully this will help me out too.

Hopefully we'll get sum info soon.....cuz im lost right now....lol

sahlberg
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah. I think you just sign up at local tracks and enter the races. I have 3 tracks right by me but I just wanted to get some backround info on racing and any heads up info for me. Just call up some tracks around you and ask i guess....

tw62t
06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Go to the track, get in the pits, ask questions (dont be a bother though) Im sure someone would be willing to help you out in some way. GOOD LUCK!!!

Reaster00
06-12-2007, 06:59 AM
If they are ama district races your going to need and AMA Card-$40 and then whatever district your racing in you will need a district card $20(not sure if all districts are the same price). Also make sure you have a tether cord, number plates, and all the riding gear and you just go to the race and sign up at the track.

WB450r
06-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Reaster00
If they are ama district races your going to need and AMA Card-$40 and then whatever district your racing in you will need a district card $20(not sure if all districts are the same price). Also make sure you have a tether cord, number plates, and all the riding gear and you just go to the race and sign up at the track.

i read somwhere that certain race classes have certain number plate colors......is this true.....or do u jus pick ur own colors.....

quad_racer_17
06-15-2007, 10:01 AM
i started racing late last year so heres what i did

1. GET ALL OF YOUR SAFTEY GEAR

2. check if your local track has an open practice if it does go out and just try it out

3 make sure you are confident and from my experience it dosnt help to go out with any fear

4 finnaly if you want to race go to the track website find out registration time and get there early and talk to ppl

HAVE FUN!!

Bill Fuller
06-15-2007, 11:32 AM
What are you wanting to race,XC or MX? First I would go and watch a race and get familar with things such as common safety equipment and starting procedures. There is a great XC series that is held in our area called the Mid South Harescramble series www.msws.org They have races form Alabama to Illinios. You can start out as simple as boots/helmet/gloves and a kill switch. Most AMA/ATVA events have sign up at the races.Good luck!