PDA

View Full Version : FCR needle help

nakomis0
07-31-2001, 11:30 AM
I removed the top of my FCR carb and took I look because I wanted to adjust the needle, but I couldn't see how to get the needle out or anything. Can anyone explain this to me? Ussually after market carbs are easy to adjust the needle, I hope so on this one. Thanks to anyone that can help.:square

NVR2L8
07-31-2001, 05:25 PM
If it's a Keihin 39mm FCR carb, just remove the top cover and carefully grab onto the top of the needle with a pair of long needle-nose pliers...it should slide right out. Or you can disconnect both clamps from the carb and flip it upside down...the needle and clip should drop out.

nakomis0
07-31-2001, 06:04 PM
lol, that easy? ok i'll open her up again, thanks

08-02-2001, 08:10 AM
It`s under the allen screw,looking down in the middle of slide.I was not being a smart a**,when I told you to keep trying in the Dyno Run post.Your having jetting problems,I still think something is wrong.The only difference by your post is 10:1 440 kit ,I used a 11:1 drop in & I did different head work,everthing is the same.I hope you find the problem,because it should have more then you posted.GOOD LUCK

nakomis0
08-02-2001, 02:19 PM
heh, I aint getting into that dyno.
I just got that new carb, and its still getting tuned in. Theres no problem with the bike. Even with the main jet lean, and some midrange hesitation. I still had the fastest Ex at Silver Lake and in the top 6 of the fastest bikes there:D and it wasn't jetted right:blah and the Silver lake was packed.
(when I say top 6 Im not including the 'unique' bikes with like 10k in mods, and there was about 4 of them there that weekend)
Oh and when I was there 4th of july weekend without the FCR, but it was jetted right, there was 1 400ex that was right up there with me. He had a 426kit, cam, 39mm lectron carb, exhaust, and ten run paddles.
The bikes that beat me last weekend were a DS650 with NOS?!, a tricked Banshee, and 250r, and this guy with a piped Raptor beat me a fewtimes but I beat him just as many. oh ya and a fuel injected banshee.