PDA

View Full Version : Baffle out...

quadriderkfx400
06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
My buddies and I all have Z-400s and we were bored in my garage and decided to take our baffles out. We rode around for an hour or two and it sounds good and felt like there was a little more power. But is there any bad things about runnin it without the baffle??? only thing bad I could think of was that the throttle was less responsive. Thanks alot, Quadriderkfx400

POLKY
06-12-2007, 06:36 AM
ITS A CHEAT MANS EXHAUST. YOU CAN'T RIDE ON GAME LANDS, IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY I'D BUY AN EXHAUST.

05Z400rdr
06-12-2007, 03:41 PM
On my 05z, i had a full yoshi exhaust, k&n filter, n it was jetted for that. i rode and raced with the sparky about 95% of the time. and i never once experienced any problems with it.

Landon

Hotshoe18
06-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Did you seperate the baffle and tip or did you just take the tip and everyhting on it off? I was just about to make a thread about what I did about 15 min. ago. I took the tip out with the spark arrestor connected and everything then I took it over to a circular saw. I cut it just about an inch and a quarter behind the actual tip so I took off a butt load of metal and the spark arrestor. It dosent sound as good as an aftermarket but its throaty without that hollow sound you get when you take tip and all off. The throttle is just as responsive and it got alot more power somehow. Its also not much louder than it was before. I am getting a full system for my b-day here in 2 months so I thought, what the heck. It turned out great

quadriderkfx400
06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I took the baffle and sparky out its 1 piece. but lemme get this straight u cut it sparky off and left the baffle in or what?

Hotshoe18
06-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Yep, I sheared off the spark arrestor and all the metal leading up to that mini baffle thats lodged into the tip and then reinstalled it

redltz
06-22-2007, 01:27 AM
i have my bafle out and i can beat z's with full systems