PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

realbeef
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
alright so Ive benn hitting some pretty big doubles latlly and ive been notecing im comming down way to hard, I always bottom out the suspesion completely. I was wondewring how to adjust the suspension in the front and in the rear. and if I cant find a decent adjustment what would be a good brand that is affordable, I cant spend over 300 $ on shocks as im on a very tight budget. thanks.

DOHC
06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Nothing lol. My works shocks are low end shocks and they still cost aprox 500

procircuit406ex
06-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Stock 450R shocks

realbeef
06-11-2007, 07:15 PM
well I cant afford anything anymore becasue my peace of ford took a **** on me today, so now I will not be buying anything. So how do I adjust my shocks? I looked and see 2 washer like peices stacked above the spring in the rear, and please tell me how to adjust the fronts.

j450rking
06-11-2007, 09:30 PM
well the fronts i think you can ajust by compressing the springs and moving the bottom peace that is around the bottom of the shock and the rear there is 3 ajustments the rings you are talking about are for hight ajustment i think and then there is comp and rebound and they are ajusted by the flathead screws in the lower shock mount but i can't remember whitch one is witch

400exrider707
06-12-2007, 06:18 AM
You can try to adjust the fronts by turning the piece on the bottom, though you wont notice a bit of difference, stock fronts are garbage no matter what you do with them, other than that the fronts have no adjustments. The rear is a decent shock but could be made waaaay better. The two collars you speak of are for height adjustment again. You will see two screw adjustments. One on the top of the shock, and one on the bottom. The bottom one is rebound, stock rears on 400ex the rebound adjustment barely does anything, and is usually way too fast. The top is compression adjustment, this is the one that you want to run harder to resist bottoming. There will be an "S" and an "H" near the screw for softer and harder. Turn this up towards harder, but dont run it full seated, back it out at least half a turn if not more.;)

realbeef
06-12-2007, 10:25 PM
ok thanks guys helped alot! Im gonna go check it out tomorrow night. thanks alot!