PDA

View Full Version : Drummers... help needed

redlineranger
06-11-2007, 11:37 AM
if theres any drummers on here i was wanting to see if i could get some prices on drums, i.e. what you payed for everything, tax and all..... i'm gonna get at least a 5 piece, but would love to have a 7 or more piece.

a buddy of mine was telling me he saw in one of his magazines, that joey jordison's entired set was under a thousand dollars..... he wouldnt lie to me so i know he was telling the truth, he just couldnt find his magazine when ever i started looking into these drums. if anyone kind find out some stuff on that, i'd appreciate it, because i cant find anything on that set, or any others for that matter cause i cant find a good website anywhere.

thanks

parkers30
06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
get online to some of the major retailers to look at prices and sets, you know what you like or what. Or go check out a local music store and figure out what feels good to you.

Me and my friends (I was in Drumline in Highschool) have had good luck with all the major brands and even some cheaper brands. One of my good friends bought a midline Mapex for a great price and with new heads and some trial and error tuning it sounded amazing.

zzounds.com
musiciansfriend.com

STEVENJANNA
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Check with your local Guitar Center and ask when they're next sale is going to be. They don't always advertise their clearance sales. When the do have green tag clearance sales, they practical give gear away.

Like Parkers30 posted you can't go wrong with musiciansfriend.com either.

parkers30
06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
musiciansfriend and guitar center are the same company ;)

STEVENJANNA
06-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
musiciansfriend and guitar center are the same company ;)
I did not know that. See you can learn something new everyday.

trick250r
06-11-2007, 02:16 PM
my pearl reference series 5 piece with free pearl hardware, a yamaha roy haynes signature sieries snare drum (i found it to be better than any other pearl snare and besides, carter beauford uses it), k custom hi hats, and 2 k custom fast crashes (15" and a 17"), evans hydraulic heads, and a gibralter double bass pedal. i currently have a 20" a custom flat top ride, a 17" and an 18" k custom dark crash on order. all in all i have close to 6 grand. i had the drums given to me by my family as christmas and b day presents and i used the money from my job to buy the cymbals.

theres no way joey jordison's set cost less than a grand. maybe HE paid less than a grand for it because he is joey jordison but im sure we cant buy his set for that price. BTW joey plays pearl drums so if you want to look at his set, maybe check out pearl's site.

TRX_450
06-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
a buddy of mine was telling me he saw in one of his magazines, that joey jordison's entired set was under a thousand dollars..... he wouldnt lie to me so i know he was telling the truth, he just couldnt find his magazine when ever i started looking into these drums.

ur buddy DID lie to you...its actually 1499.99, which is actually down from last week at 1999.99

STEVENJANNA
06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Joey Jordison doesn't actually play that kit. It's an Export series kit finished to look like his. He plays the MMX Masters series.

trick250r
06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
thats still not his entire kit. he uses a pearl marching snare in there as well... thats only another 800 bucks i think.

STEVENJANNA
06-11-2007, 02:36 PM
It's never been asked but, do you play? or is this something you would like to get into?

STEVENJANNA
06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
thats still not his entire kit. he uses a pearl marching snare in there as well... thats only another 800 bucks i think.
No kidding. If you wanted to buy the exact kit he plays you're going to spend upwards of $6k just in shells alone.

trick250r
06-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
It's never been asked but, do you play? or is this something you would like to get into?

completely forgot about that... he's right, if youre just getting into it theres no way you can play double bass or anything like that. get into it really slow and easy. start with something cheap and simple. then if you can, work your way up.

redlineranger
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
well i think the kit he was talking about was a spin off joey jordison kit. he didnt say what brand but he said it wasnt as nice as his. or well it was nice it just wasnt a big name brand. maybe he just had his prices wrong. but yea screw that i aint spendin 6 grand for some drums.

wuts the best brand for the money?

i want at least a 5 piece with all the basic's, but i want to get a set that would sound good playing like some GNR or something older, and then switching to something like A7X or Slipknot.

im deffinately gonna have to get me a double bass, cus me a few friends were sittin around one day seein who could play beast and the harlot, and i nabbed the double bass part pretty easily.

i'll look on the sites to see, but i just wanted to get some pro's and con's from you folks who actually have drums. thanks

TRX_450
06-11-2007, 06:33 PM
are you just starting p;ayin drums? if so i have a hard time believing you can play the rev....

STEVENJANNA
06-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm not gonna debate what you can or can't play. I agree that The REV has some pretty tight licks and if you can duplicate congrats. Personally I would go with a Pearl Export kit. That is one of the most widely used, versatile kits and it's very affordable. I have put mine through some tough times over the years and they still have excellent tone. How they sound is how you tune them. I started on a 10 piece CB 700 kit that I bought for $200 bucks and after playing around with them and learning how different things affected there sound, they sounded just as good as any high end kit out there. In short, don't go out and by a new kit because you like the way it looks. Some of the rattiest kits out there have the best sounds.

redlineranger
06-11-2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TRX_450
are you just starting p;ayin drums? if so i have a hard time believing you can play the rev.... [/QUOTE

well lets just say im not the rev. my other friends who play guitar didnt believe me or exboy either until they seen it. but i can decently play the beginning of beast and the harlot, and when it gets in to the double bass part when the main guitar riff kicks in. i can play it good enough to where it made a few folks say hey that was pretty damn good for a first time drummer. not bragging but i thought it was cool when i did it, so i said im gonna look into drumming.