PDA

View Full Version : Can't Believe This

JRP
06-11-2007, 09:42 AM
RIP Brandon Bates & Hunter Garner

Lost 2 great friends last night. Im a mess right now. Mr. Bates is a member on here and his son passed away last night in a car accident. Me and brandon have been good friends for the past 5years and i can't believe him and hunter are gone.... Please Everyone Say A Prayer For Brandons Family and also for Hunters Family. God works in mysterious ways but I don't know why he would take away two 16yr old kids....:( :( :(

RIP Brandon Bates & Hunter Garner

Ghost-Rider
06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Sorry For Your Loss

R.I.P.

WhiteYFZ
06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
so sad to hear this. RIP:(

DVXracer
06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Sorry to hear that R.I.P.

ZeroLogic
06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Rest In Peace, everyone is passing away from car crashes all over. A young girl just died in my community when she was getting a ride back from her friend from a party, the driver was drunk and he was doing 80 through my community and hit a tree on the oassenger's side. The girl died but the guy lived with a few knocked out teeth and a man slaughter charges.
Rest In Peace.:(

TWISTED
06-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Was this Tom Bates son????

450raider
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
R.I.P. i dont get the part where kids and people whos done nothin to no one is dying and you got nutjobs all over this planet livin the high life. i lost a few friends to drugs (3yrs apart)

sorry to hear that.

DVXracer
06-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Rest In Peace, everyone is passing away from car crashes all over.

Same here, within a past year i lost 4 friends to car accedents:ermm:

ATV Chic
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
RIP my prayers will be with the families. hang in there. :(

NPelletier
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Sorry For Your Loss

R.I.P.

trx400EXtreme
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
sorry to hear about that man.:(

JRP
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Was this Tom Bates son????

yes gary thats his son:( :( :(

AtvMxRider
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
:(

Honda TRX250ex
06-11-2007, 02:41 PM
sorry to hear that pepper R.I.P.

klutchbuster250
06-11-2007, 03:54 PM
yea im sorry to here that man my prayers go out tot there familys, im not trying to hijack the thread but i know how u feel my dad got a cal today in the morining saying one of his good friend past away in a motorcycle accident :(

mineralgrey01gt
06-11-2007, 05:45 PM
R.I.P. sorry to hear about this

JRP
06-11-2007, 09:43 PM
thanks everyone. today was one of the hardest days of my life. we got together everyone and we had a mourning evening at our school. We got the newpapers and the news crews out there. over 200+ ppl showed up and it was really sad. honestly thats the most i think i have ever cried.:( it was absolutely horrible.

blasterandy
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
You, will get through it. I'm praying for you. We had 3 ppl die in car accidents die within the same week. One Grant Gallager was a good friend of mine. I'd known him since 1st grade, and another friend died of cancer. None the less you are in my prayers and you will get through it just think of all the times you got to hang out and just know that he's waiting in heaven.
Drew

JRP
06-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by blasterandy
You, will get through it. I'm praying for you. We had 3 ppl die in car accidents die within the same week. One Grant Gallager was a good friend of mine. I'd known him since 1st grade, and another friend died of cancer. None the less you are in my prayers and you will get through it just think of all the times you got to hang out and just know that he's waiting in heaven.
Drew

thanks alot man. im a little better today, still just cant come to sense that they are gone. the crash site is 2miles away so we are going to get together with everyone everymonth and go down there. all of brandons motocross gear is down there, a hood of a 450r, soccerballs, track running shoes(hunters) flowers and 2 crosses. Its rough enough knowing that they are gone, but its even harder when you see your bestfriends they was they were last night. My bestfriend austin, ive known him for over 10+ years and we are like brothers. I have never seen him cry before, but he lost it last night. Its just weird not having bates and garner around anymore.... its even going to be harder at the funeral.

Raptor68
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your friends and their families.

JRP
06-12-2007, 10:11 AM
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2007/062007/06122007/291818

everyone please read the article and listen to the audio. That is where i lost it last night and broke down. thats hunters father talking. RIP My Bros

Quad18star
06-12-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this . Stay strong ... better days are ahead . My thoughts and prayers go out to their families and friends .

I lost 3 friends in accidents all within a few months of eachother years ago . 2 died in a head on collision on snowmobiles .. they hit eachother , the other was a drinking and driving accident and rolled into a ditch . One of the toughest times of my life . Like you , I saw buddies that were always the " tough guys" become guys that didn't worry about showing their emotions . Something like this will bring your group of friends together and make you guys a stronger family.

FoxRacing81
06-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your losses....I know how it feels...

RIP.:(

ZeroLogic
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I couldn't even listen to the whole audio, it brought tears to my eyes and I didn't even know the kids. Rest In Peace.:( :( :(

sly400ex
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Dang thats some sad stuff there. His fathers speach gave me the chills.

Stay strong JRP, this is one of the tuffest things you will face in life, but through family and friends, you all will make it.:(

JRP
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I couldn't even listen to the whole audio, it brought tears to my eyes and I didn't even know the kids. Rest In Peace.:( :( :(

ive listened to it atleast 3 times since i was their at my school hearing it right infront of me, and each time i cry. Ehhh its just been hard. I just got back from the crash site and i brought some flowers for them. Just hard trying to get back to normal because i know im going to the funeral this week sometime, and im going to break down again. Almost seems liek why even try to get better now when you know its just going to be even worse at the funeral.:ermm: :(

ZeroLogic
06-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by JRP
ive listened to it atleast 3 times since i was their at my school hearing it right infront of me, and each time i cry. Ehhh its just been hard. I just got back from the crash site and i brought some flowers for them. Just hard trying to get back to normal because i know im going to the funeral this week sometime, and im going to break down again. Almost seems liek why even try to get better now when you know its just going to be even worse at the funeral.:ermm: :(

Stay strong Pepper. You will get through this. They are in a better place now.

JRP
06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Stay strong Pepper. You will get through this. They are in a better place now.

thanks man. i know it will get better after the funerals....

07250ex
06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
hey man im sorry to hear about that it really stinks ... every couple of years we lose a few kids in my town im going into freshman year in high school and its a regional school for the two neighboring towns and theres lots of trees and rocks around these curvy roads so i know how it feels stay strong R.I.P

JRP
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
found out that tomorrow is the viewing and friday is the funeral. worst part is that the viewing is an open casket for my boy brandon. not to sur ehow that is going to go for everyone including me, but im sure it will not be easy.

rollie
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by JRP
found out that tomorrow is the viewing and friday is the funeral. worst part is that the viewing is an open casket for my boy brandon. not to sur ehow that is going to go for everyone including me, but im sure it will not be easy.

im sorry for your loss man, i couldnt imagin going through that, at the funeral and veiwing think of it as celebrating there life, not mourning, thats what i do if i go to a funeral, stay strong pepper

tar
06-13-2007, 10:54 PM
My prayers go out to them their families and friends. May they R.I.P.:(

MX MaNiAc 06
06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Stay strong Pepper

JRP
06-15-2007, 05:58 PM
well last night was the viewing for brandon and today was the funeral...
it was rough last night, but even rougher today. I lost it when we were at the burrial site and hunters dad was their and he said "I love you brandon, your my boy." just killed me hearing that. I feel absolutely saddend for the Bates family, but i know they will pull through along with everyone. It was the hardest thing saying goodbye to brandon today.

After the burial, we went to the field house, where brandon played hotsuprs soccer, and we got everyone together and played against a team. we lost :p but it was a great time and everyone enjoyed the time spent with eachother.

Tomorrow at noon everyone is going to Hunters Church and thats where his memorial is, he was cremated. He got 4 of his organs donated and saved a few ppl's lives. After the memorial we are going back to our school for a reception, so that should be nice. Its just so messed up having to burry your friend one day, and saying goodbye toanother the next day, its just not right.

Brandon:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/brandon.jpg
Hunter:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/hunter.jpg
Rest In Paradise You Guys, I love you:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/RIP.jpg

*Everyone PLEASE I hope you take this as hard as I am. Take your time on the roads and dont speed. If your going to be late for a curfue, call your parents and tell them your going to be late. If a cop starts to follow you, dont try to speed away, get out and get your fine or you liscense taken away. Kids these days think they are invinciable and that you wont get hurt. Ive herd of so many stories of this stuff happening and you just turn the page or turn the channel, but when it happens to you, you realize, and it makes a huge impact on your life. Look what happened to 2 of my good friends that ive been friends with for 5years(brandon) and 1year(hunter). Just please take your time and everyone learn a lesson from this. Id just like to give my full condolences to the Bates Family and the Garner Family. Thank You*

XXXRACER165
06-15-2007, 06:04 PM
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! I mean it.

ZeroLogic
06-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I still get chills down my back from reading this. Rest In Peace. God bless and very good point Pepper, if only every teen can think that way.:ermm:

Doober
06-15-2007, 06:47 PM
I know exactly what your going through...itll get better after the funerals....stay strong pepper

JRP
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
I still get chills down my back from reading this. Rest In Peace. God bless and very good point Pepper, if only every teen can think that way.:ermm:

yea, its just hard. tonight was a bad night for me. Everyone was getting together and going to a friends house and hangin out just like we use to with brandon and hunter, but my parents wouldn't let me go, so when im by myself, i think to much. I was shaking real bad and almost got sick. blah

RIP My Boys

Sjorge450R
06-16-2007, 03:12 PM
this has to be a really hard time in your life considering you are the same age as me. I couldnt even imagine having to go through this and i give you props for handling it like you are. I have 2 really close friends that i have been friends with since kindergarten and we will be senoirs this year and if this happened to them i dont know how i would handle it.

3x440ex
06-16-2007, 06:40 PM
This is Brandon's Dad.
Thank you so much Pepper for for all your kind words. We will miss Brandon dearly.
I love you Brandon. Rest in peace my son.

JRP
06-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Mr. Bates, it was my honor to start this thread. Once i found out, i knew that the people on this site would help comfort your family and myself. I still cannot believe that this happened, and its just so sad to have had this to happen to two of my good friends. After the reception for hunter today, all of us went back to Drews house and swam and just hung out. You couldn't even imagine all the memories and laughs that were shared today from Daniel, Drew, and Trevor. I think it was nice for all of us to come together to share memories about brandon and hunter, and i think it helped all of our friends out alot. Mr. Bates, i PMed you my house and cell number, so whenever you get it, feel free to call me and like i said earlier... <b>if you guys need anything</b> do not hesitate to call, and we will be right over. Also if you want to ride anytime over here, or go anywhere, just let me know and we will make it happen. Once again Mr. Bates/Mr. Garner, and your whole family, im so sorry for your loss and i cannot imagine the pain you guys are going through.

R.I.P. Brandon Bates & Hunter Garner
I Will Never Forget You Guys, and I Love You Guys!

JRP
06-16-2007, 10:06 PM
one more thing i forgot to add.... last night i talked to one of my friends on the site(doober) on AIM last night, and he told me what happened to him and his family. He told me how his sis said a prayer and asked for a sign, and the next morning there was a cross on the wall from the sun. Since then there has never been another and even before that there was never one. Well just like every night, i always say a prayer before bed. If its either about keeping myself safe the next day in a race, if its thanks for keeping my family, friends, and myself safe that day, or saying a prayer for someone or for a family.

Well last night when i was saying my prayers, i asked for a sign to show that brandon and hunter were doing good and looking down on us. Since this accident happened, i have always noticed a deer by my house. It has 2 spots on the right and left side of it's body, and its ALWAYS right by my house looking at me. It didnt matter if it was night time, or day time, it was always there and wouldnt run or move. Well today when i left my house to go pick up my friend austin to go to hunters memorial, that same deer appeared about 30yds from my house down the road. At first there was no deer, then all of a sudden their it was. Thought it was pretty crazy seeing that exact same deer. Well i started to go to the stop sign and the deer runs beside my jeep. I stop, it stopped. About now is when i started to realize that maybe this was a sign from god. Right when i turned right at the stop sign, it ran beside me again. Well i started slowing down because i didnt want it to jump out in front of me. Well the deer got about 5ft ahead of me, and walked out in front of my jeep while i was stopped. It walked right up to my bumper and just stopped and looked, and nodded it's head. I got really freaked out because i didnt know if it was a sign or not. I looked at it for about 20seconds and i started to nudge a little forward and the deer didn't move. I got within 2feet of the deer and all the deer did, i was expecting it to run, it just took one step and looked back for one last time and walked off the side of the road. When i was going up the hill, i looked in my rear view mirror and it still just stood their looking at me, and finally it took 3 or 4 steps into the woods, and thats the last time i saw the deer. When i came home tonight, the deer wasn't there... :ermm: I ment to tell you this today Mr. Bates, but it wasn't on my mind at the time. Thanks Everyone For Reading.

Rest in Paradise My Boys.

suzukigirl
06-16-2007, 11:00 PM
i'm so sorry to hear that....that is very sad...my prayers go out to their families and friends...R.I.P :(

3x440ex
06-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Jordan
I’m going to atemp to tell you a very true story. Brandon and Hunter spent the weekend at the beach playing in a sand soccer tournament where Brandon’s team won the U-16 Championship. The medallions you see at the crash site are from that tournament. Their last game was on Sunday evening around 5:45. We were on the road home by 8:00 and got home about 10:20... Brandon asked if he could go to friends house and assured me that he would leave by 11:30 so I agreed to let him go and went on to bed. My wife woke me up around 12:15 She was sreaming and shaking and crying and hyper ventilating….YOU NEED TO GET UP!! GET UP!! OH MY GOD IT’S BRANDON!!!THERE’S HELICOPTERS AND AMBULACES AND THEY HAVE THE ROAD BLOCKED OFF, YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!…..It felt like a realy bad night mare, but I couldn’t wake myself up because I was already awake, It was REAL. I’ve always been a strong man who concour any challenge put in front of me, but at that time I never felt so helpless and weak in all my 39 years. All I could do was hold my wife and cry. I was trying to describe to wife how I felt and I told her that I felt like a lost puppy in the woods. My wife and I cried all day long as people showed up at our house to offer their support. The next morning around 6:00 I decided I was going to the crash site. As I walked out to my truck my brother showed up and we rode down there together. When we got there I started crying…How can this be? What am I gonna do God? I had my right hand on my forehead coving my eyes and looked down towards the ground . As looked at the the ground I noticed a flyer that said LOST PUPPY REWARD. So I picked it up and and was looking at it and it said puppy has been lost sence Oct. 2nd………… Oct. 2nd is my son’s bithday. I instantly started feeling better. I came home and called the number on the flyer and asked the lady who answered the phone if she’d found her puppy. She said yeah, and it was a mirical the way it was found and I don’t rememer her excsplanation but she said when she got the puppy back , it was a forein lady who didn’t speek English but the puppy was gromed and feed and well takin care of . What I think is also weired is the flyer was on the tree that Brandon hit and fell off when he hit the tree, but it survied the weather and wind and everything else for 8 months and all it is is regular piece of paper in a thin piece of plastick……I have been found and I'm at peice. True story...I just wanted to share that with you and just like I told Daniel…All you boys are my boy now. I love all of you, and I’m gonna take care of you boys. I ask that everybody please be safe and God bless.

JRP
06-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 3x440ex
Jordan
I’m going to atemp to tell you a very true story. Brandon and Hunter spent the weekend at the beach playing in a sand soccer tournament where Brandon’s team won the U-16 Championship. The medallions you see at the crash site are from that tournament. Their last game was on Sunday evening around 5:45. We were on the road home by 8:00 and got home about 10:20... Brandon asked if he could go to friends house and assured me that he would leave by 11:30 so I agreed to let him go and went on to bed. My wife woke me up around 12:15 She was sreaming and shaking and crying and hyper ventilating….YOU NEED TO GET UP!! GET UP!! OH MY GOD IT’S BRANDON!!!THERE’S HELICOPTERS AND AMBULACES AND THEY HAVE THE ROAD BLOCKED OFF, YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!…..It felt like a realy bad night mare, but I couldn’t wake myself up because I was already awake, It was REAL. I’ve always been a strong man who concour any challenge put in front of me, but at that time I never felt so helpless and weak in all my 39 years. All I could do was hold my wife and cry. I was trying to describe to wife how I felt and I told her that I felt like a lost puppy in the woods. My wife and I cried all day long as people showed up at our house to offer their support. The next morning around 6:00 I decided I was going to the crash site. As I walked out to my truck my brother showed up and we rode down there together. When we got there I started crying…How can this be? What am I gonna do God? I had my right hand on my forehead coving my eyes and looked down towards the ground . As looked at the the ground I noticed a flyer that said LOST PUPPY REWARD. So I picked it up and and was looking at it and it said puppy has been lost sence Oct. 2nd………… Oct. 2nd is my son’s bithday. I instantly started feeling better. I came home and called the number on the flyer and asked the lady who answered the phone if she’d found her puppy. She said yeah, and it was a mirical the way it was found and I don’t rememer her excsplanation but she said when she got the puppy back , it was a forein lady who didn’t speek English but the puppy was gromed and feed and well takin care of . What I think is also weired is the flyer was on the tree that Brandon hit and fell off when he hit the tree, but it survied the weather and wind and everything else for 8 months and all it is is regular piece of paper in a thin piece of plastick……I have been found and I'm at peice. True story...I just wanted to share that with you and just like I told Daniel…All you boys are my boy now. I love all of you, and I’m gonna take care of you boys. I ask that everybody please be safe and God bless.

Wow Mr. Bates, that was very touching. God works in mysterious ways sometimes, and this was deffinately one of those times.
Rest in Paradise B. Bates & Hunter, i will never forget you guys.

JRP
07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
well as of 11:30p.m. it has been 1 month since this tragic accident has happened. there is not one day that has gone by that i dont think about them. Brandon had the biggest grin on his face at all times, and hunter was just hunter, lol, thats the best i can put it. Im miss you guys so much its not even funny. I am going to see brandon tomorrow at his burial, and i wrote him a note n whatnot. Mr. Bates, im sorry i couldnt make it to the cookout this past week, i was out of town. If you need anything at all, let me know. I hope you guys are doing ok and i still pray every night.

I MISS AND LOVE YOU BRANDON BATES & HUNTER GARNER!!!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/RIP.jpg

NeedsaYfz
07-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I've lost two close friends this year already. Just found out Saturday that one of my best friends was found dead in his room last week. Still not sure what the COD was. Both of them were only 14 years old.

JRP
07-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by NeedsaYfz
Sorry to hear about that. I've lost two close friends this year already. Just found out Saturday that one of my best friends was found dead in his room last week. Still not sure what the COD was. Both of them were only 14 years old.

wow man, im really sorry to hear that:(

Today has been one of those days that i just think about what happened. Last night some ppl went over to my friend kalebs house and hung out, and thats what we all use to do with brandon and hunter. It was nice being there and talking about all the memories, but when i left, it just hits me. I have 3 really cool bracelets(like the livestrong ones) that i always wear. One of them is blue and it says "Brandon, We Love You", another that says "Donate Life", hunter donated a few of his organs and actually saved 2 or 3 ppls lives! and the last one says "Hunter & Brandon, forever, Love and miss ya always". They are really nice to have, but whenever i have them on, it seems to remind me of it all, but i guess time will heal it. Its also hard when the crash happened almost a little under 2miles away, and you always think about it... idk it just sucks, and just knowing you wont see them again on earth, just hard. Well i guess i spoke enough for tonight. Thanks for reading and if you have anymore kind words, please post them for the bates/garner family. Hopefully Mr. Bates will get on soon and read some more of these, i know they are going through a really hard time right now and if you gusy need anything please let me know. Thanks

sly400ex
07-27-2007, 04:00 PM
I know how you feel, you will always remember them too. The other day I just came to the realization that the first traumatizing death I had to endure was at the age of 15, one of my best friends died in a car accident too. It was very tough to deal with, and it happened 15 years ago too! Even though I am 30 years old now, I still think about my old bud all the time. RIP

Keep staying strong JRP! :)

JRP
07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
I know how you feel, you will always remember them too. The other day I just came to the realization that the first traumatizing death I had to endure was at the age of 15, one of my best friends died in a car accident too. It was very tough to deal with, and it happened 15 years ago too! Even though I am 30 years old now, I still think about my old bud all the time. RIP

Keep staying strong JRP! :)

thanks sly400ex! Its gonna be hard next year in school. Always use to seeing them in the hallways, classes, and lunch, but i guess its one of those things that you just have to keep them in your memory and go on.....

3x440ex
09-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Hey Jordon, I just wanted to say thanks for all your support. You're an awsome kid, and I'm glad you and Brandon hung out together. Brandon had some some really amazing friends. Hang in there.

JRP
09-19-2007, 11:21 AM
hey mr. bates. ive been meaning to come over one day and see how everything is going, just with school, work, then gone every weekend for racing, its hard, but believe me, ill be over there soon. Ive been to the burial a few times, its hard, but i know im there with him, idk its weird. Everyone misses him dearly, expecially now since school has started, its so weird not seeing brandon in school. Also the other night at the football game, it was weird not having him in the bleachers with all of us cheering and just being normal. Its so hard to believe its been just over 3 months, dosent feel like it at all, seems like just the other day it all happened =[ Well i hope you guys are doing ok, and once again, if you need anything, ask and ill be over. Ill see you soon mr. bates, take care

ricksmx865
09-19-2007, 03:59 PM
i'm sorry to hear this.....

R.I.P

3x440ex
09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, my door's always open, stop by anytime. I here what you're saying about the last three months, they've clicked by fast. Maybe sometime soon I'll plan a trip to Hooters or Chipoltle, on me of course, with You, Login, Trever, Kaylob, Drew, Scroggins and Taylor. Let me know what you think...I'll talk to you soon.

JRP
09-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 3x440ex
Yeah, my door's always open, stop by anytime. I here what you're saying about the last three months, they've clicked by fast. Maybe sometime soon I'll plan a trip to Hooters or Chipoltle, on me of course, with You, Login, Trever, Kaylob, Drew, Scroggins and Taylor. Let me know what you think...I'll talk to you soon.

that sounds really good mr. bates. Im going to try to stop in possibly sunday or tuesday. Ill talk to you then mr. bates. take care

JRP
01-01-2008, 06:03 PM
man, 7 months comming up, unreal. It has gotten easier as the days go by, but still rough knowing they aren't with us. I have visited the burial many times, and will continue to do it. Going through the holidays must of been rough on both families, and i can only pray and hope it gets easier on them. Miss and Love You Brandon & Hunter!:)