PDA

View Full Version : does anyone recognize this swingarm and axle?

pdxbigfoot
06-11-2007, 12:47 AM
This poor arm and axle sat outside for years and im in the process of getting it prepped for powdercoat(when i get the frozen axle nut off....but thats another thread). Does anyone recognize this arm? It has a billet insert for different shock mounting postions and a "tribal" design on the bearing housing. What about the axle? It is at least 2" wider than stock and its alot thicker with no taper.....any input on this will be greatly appreciated.

pdxbigfoot
06-11-2007, 12:49 AM
see

jon370r
06-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Look like a Westcoast swinger and no taper on the axle I would guess is a Durablue.

SWIGIN
06-11-2007, 05:12 AM
that swingarm looks alot like the kind www.hreatv.com used to make.

he still builds them but that looks like an older one....id ask him about it

Scottt89
06-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe RPM Axles do not taper as well.

deathman53
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
looks like a west coast swingarm to me. They used an adjustable piece for where you want to the dog bone, as it keep the same suspension travel, but change the ride height.

x.system
06-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Definatly a westcoast. That one is for an 85R, the carrier is going to be smaller than the 86/89 model.

pdxbigfoot
06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Thank you i cant wait to get it looking as good as yours. Will i have a problem getting a carrier to fit it?will a RAD or another aftermarket billet carrier work....Thank you again!

pdxbigfoot
06-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Do you all think it will be worth fixing up or should i go with a new after-market??....thanx again

x.system
06-12-2007, 03:58 AM
I know LSR still sells a carrier that will fit it, thats what I had to buy for my other one, just have to make sure you get an 85 carrier. These swingarms are worth a little more than your average swingarm since they are not available any more. They usually sell for $300 and up on ebay. The inserts should be stainless if they are factory, I don't think billet would hold up. If you need any parts for that one let me know, I do have a couple sets of new inserts and decals.

pdxbigfoot
06-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Thank you very much ill post pics as the rebuild evolves.

pdxbigfoot
06-13-2007, 11:44 PM
I got the axle nut off(what a pain-had to cut it off) got the axle out and was able to get the carrier out with quite a bit of coaxing.The inside of the carrier and the bearings were nothing but rust,and im not sure if there is a way to get the bearings out.Whats the best way to accomplish this??The rest of the unit seems to be in pretty good shape.Will any stock honda bearing kit work with this badboy?? Once again any help is greatly appreciated